The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

im doing psychology economics and eng lit...i mainly revise for 1 hour in the morning between 7-8 before going downstairs then around 10 i do either psychology or economics then i go back downstairs at 12 and have lunch which ends roughly at 1:30.I then go back upstairs and revise until 3 and then come downstairs for a relaxation period until about 7:30 before going upstairs to bath and revise which ends at approximately 9:15/30? is that a decent amount of revision?

For psychology im doing post-it notes for my notes and reading them out loud
For economics im going through exam questions and do active revision by choosing a topic and writing down everything i know about that topic than using that to revise,i also have a checklist of some topics that I NEED to go over
For Eng Lit-im rereading the texts and poems and noting down key themes and quotes,hoping to start doing exam questions aswell in my free periods?

Is this a good plan of attack considering exams are in like a months time?
Original post by azzax
Hahahaha do you do last minute revision because you panick so much?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well maybe I guess :P. It turned out absolutely fine in the end and tbh I was just as prepared as anyone else going into the exams, probably just in my nature to worry unnecessarily lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 122
Original post by nurav11
Well maybe I guess :P. It turned out absolutely fine in the end and tbh I was just as prepared as anyone else going into the exams, probably just in my nature to worry unnecessarily lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah maybe :') at least everything turned out fine in the end :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by azzax
Yeah maybe :') at least everything turned out fine in the end :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeh, let's hope for the same this time around! When is your first exam?
does anyone here type out their notes? I hate writing mine out because it takes too long and I write so fast to the point my handwriting isn't even readable

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bubblegumcat
does anyone here type out their notes? I hate writing mine out because it takes too long and I write so fast to the point my handwriting isn't even readable

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah, because I know the moment I use a computer I will go online and get distracted. I'm a goldfish like that. I still haven't started revising - long hours and commute for work experience has been so draining - I've done bits and bombs, but not a whole day yet. -flounders-
Probably will revise every other day for around 2 hours. I don't understand why people revise so much when if they actually use their cognitive ability, instead of just plainly writing things down they could cut their revision down by over half. Create a memory palace, a story of something to do with your subjects; it creates more cognitive exertion hence more neuronal connections, meaning you are more likely to go into you long term memory.
Original post by scrawlx101
im doing psychology economics and eng lit...i mainly revise for 1 hour in the morning between 7-8 before going downstairs then around 10 i do either psychology or economics then i go back downstairs at 12 and have lunch which ends roughly at 1:30.I then go back upstairs and revise until 3 and then come downstairs for a relaxation period until about 7:30 before going upstairs to bath and revise which ends at approximately 9:15/30? is that a decent amount of revision?

For economics im going through exam questions and do active revision by choosing a topic and writing down everything i know about that topic than using that to revise,i also have a checklist of some topics that I NEED to go over
For Eng Lit-im rereading the texts and poems and noting down key themes and quotes,hoping to start doing exam questions aswell in my free periods?

q

How do you revise for English? I find it so difficult
Original post by AnnekaChan173
Nah, because I know the moment I use a computer I will go online and get distracted. I'm a goldfish like that. I still haven't started revising - long hours and commute for work experience has been so draining - I've done bits and bombs, but not a whole day yet. -flounders-

I get distracted as well, still prefer typing over writing though haha. what exams are you revising for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bubblegumcat
I get distracted as well, still prefer typing over writing though haha. what exams are you revising for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A2Bio, Chem and Maths. Bricking it because I know nothing at this point. You?
Reply 130
Original post by nurav11
Yeh, let's hope for the same this time around! When is your first exam?

Yeah!! :smile: my bio empa begins on 16th april but my written exams start 12th may :smile: you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by azzax
Yeah!! :smile: my bio empa begins on 16th april but my written exams start 12th may :smile: you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow thats tough to load that so early back. Luckily, we got all our PSAs (equivalent of empa) done back in January so no stressing anymore bout them :P. Mine start the 11th, an economics paper (which is just about a month away :O)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Louisb19
Since our A-Level exams are quite soon I was wondering how much you lot are going to be revising per day. I'm personally aiming for 6hrs+ per day however I don't know if that is really going to happen.

Hi! I hope all is well! :-D
I am also aiming for 6+hours, but I do 2 AS and one BTEC so I have been doing 2 hours f each but using my btec as relaxing time.

But even then I haven't been sticking to that... The most so far I have done is 3-4 hours... Literature is hard!

you've just got to try and do as much as you can

YES IT IS! I'm doing lit aswell and I am finding it a lot harder to do than I originally hoped. All you can do is do as much as you can.
Original post by Troytheboy
q

How do you revise for English? I find it so difficult

i mainly do quote gathering,currently rereading a dolls house after reading the importance of being earnest,planning to read key chapters in jane eyre and the time machine.Not really going to focus on Tennyson poetry too much as we get the booklet in the exams but will go over some key quotes and analysis-infact ive got themes for poetry and key quotes supporting that quotation.Hope this helped somewhat.

Also im thinking that when school starts il probably do an essay in one of my free periods each week.
Original post by Lollililypop
YES IT IS! I'm doing lit aswell and I am finding it a lot harder to do than I originally hoped. All you can do is do as much as you can.

you doing victorian lit?
Reply 136
Original post by nurav11
Wow thats tough to load that so early back. Luckily, we got all our PSAs (equivalent of empa) done back in January so no stressing anymore bout them :P. Mine start the 11th, an economics paper (which is just about a month away :O)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh luckyy!! :O
Ohh good luck!!! :smile:
I dont mind my exams starting early. I'll only be stressing out on one of the weeks as I have 4 exams in a week haha :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
you doing victorian lit?

I'm afraid not :-/ I'm doing The Kite Runner, Poetry and The Great Gatsby
Original post by azzax
Oh luckyy!! :O
Ohh good luck!!! :smile:
I dont mind my exams starting early. I'll only be stressing out on one of the weeks as I have 4 exams in a week haha :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ouchh unlucky... Well best of luck for it all!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have a revision timetable, but i haven't written down the exact times that i will revise certain subjects.

I'm studying Music, German, Latin and Biology- I revise two topics every day and re-cap one subject that i did the previous day. I also review all of the work, that i did in the morning, in the evening, so i am not as likely to forget all of the information.

I also make sure to have short breaks and lunch. Lunch is important (foooooood).

Latest