The Student Room Group

Harris Westminster Entrance Exams

Scroll to see replies

I thought I was the only one! Politics needs more love.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol, seems like the way to go.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 702
Original post by Foodatastic
Oh lord, my computing coursework took so long to get a decent grade at. We do AQA as our computing exam board, si that the same as yours?

Yeah i think so, I only picked computing in year 9 because you had to be in set 1 for maths to do the subject, and couldn't pass over the exclusivity. But I still have no idea why you had to be in set 1 for maths because there is very little involved.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Xctv
Yeah i think so, I only picked computing in year 9 because you had to be in set 1 for maths to do the subject, and couldn't pass over the exclusivity. But I still have no idea why you had to be in set 1 for maths because there is very little involved.

I agree, I was practically relying on the fact that you need maths. But, 60% is coursework, get a good grade in that, you are guaranteed to do good overall... Just that the coursework was a pain to do good in.
Original post by danielnoruwa
Yh the coursework was a nightmare, and no I'm on OCR.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm mostly scared about Theory, coursework is over, not exactly a problem right now.
Reply 706
I'm mostly scared about Theory, coursework is over, not exactly a problem right now.

I'm pretty good at theory, since I do law as well they they are subjects that is purely memory based with little inference involved like english. My revision technique for memory based exams is to read it over and over until it is mentally engraved in brain for eternity.
I tend to find theory a lot easier than coursework.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Xctv
I'm pretty good at theory, since I do law as well they they are subjects that is purely memory based with little inference involved like english. My revision technique for memory based exams is to read it over and over until it is mentally engraved in brain for eternity.

Original post by danielnoruwa
I tend find theory a lot easier than coursework.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My memory isn't as flexible. I was able to gain a decent grade in my coursework in early Yr11 (Octoberish) and so its not a problem currently. It was still painful.
Reply 709
My memory isn't as flexible. I was able to gain a decent grade in my coursework in early Yr11 (Octoberish) and so its not a problem currently. It was still painful.

I'm literally the worst at completing coursework, I think God has cursed me with being the biggest victim of procrastination
Original post by Xctv
I'm literally the worst at completing coursework, I think God has cursed me with being the biggest victim of procrastination

Have you finished it now? Procrastination is so annoying, art coursework is just as bad as computing coursework. Its so painful.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 711
My borough is Croydon, Ill be going to a nearby train station not far from my house. its about a 10minute journey to the train station, 15 to Victoria, you know from there probably. What about you?

I live in Croydon as well, and I was wondering if you knew what time the school starts/what time it would probably be best to leave in the mornings (from East Croydon)? :smile:

Also does anyone know anything about induction days etc? :tongue:
Original post by yasi98
I live in Croydon as well, and I was wondering if you knew what time the school starts/what time it would probably be best to leave in the mornings (from East Croydon)? :smile:

Also does anyone know anything about induction days etc? :tongue:

I think the school starts at about 9am, its on the school website with an exemplar timetable. Lol, it seems both if us will be taking the same station to get to HWSF. I was planning to leave from East Croydon at about 0800 - 0830, should take longer than that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you to a grammar, independent (dont think there are many in Croydon) or etc?

I go to a non-selective academy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 714
I think the school starts at about 9am, its on the school website with an exemplar timetable. Lol, it seems both if us will be taking the same station to get to HWSF. I was planning to leave from East Croydon at about 0800 - 0830, should take longer than that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow is it coincidence that all three of us are leaving from East Croydon?
Haven't met anyone from North London yet, let alone tube station

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samispector
Haven't met anyone from North London yet, let alone tube station

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm from North East London, so I might live close to you.
Am I the only one from a state school? :s-smilie:
I live in Tower Hamlets so it takes around 40 minutes to get to HWSF by train and an hour by bus. Does anyone know the requirements for travel reimbursement?
Original post by staringatshadows
Am I the only one from a state school? :s-smilie:
I live in Tower Hamlets so it takes around 40 minutes to get to HWSF by train and an hour by bus. Does anyone know the requirements for travel reimbursement?

I think you just need to live far enough or have benefits. The school hasn't taken an official stance on the matter. So we don't really know.
Reply 719
Do you to a grammar, independent (dont think there are many in Croydon) or etc?

I go to a non-selective academy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I go to a girls grammar school in Sutton :smile:

Original post by Xctv
Wow is it coincidence that all three of us are leaving from East Croydon?

Haha, it really is a small world :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending