The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AnnekaChan173
Sounds like a good idea. :smile: I'll do it!thread is hurr.

whats this skype thing??
Reply 261
Original post by games211
so if there is higher conc of tp wont there be also a higher conc of rubp?

A lot will be filtered off to make amino acids lipids sugars etc. And you need 5 to make a RuBP so it'll take a while to get 5 spare while other things are being produced :smile:
Original post by phoebc
whats this skype thing??

we're gonna do a group Skype chat for bio if enough people join, cover stuff we're not great at and discuss it, if you wanna partake you can join the thread that was posted:smile:
Original post by corey7695
we're gonna do a group Skype chat for bio if enough people join, cover stuff we're not great at and discuss it, if you wanna partake you can join the thread that was posted:smile:

thread wont open
is anyone gonna revise AS bio too incase of synoptic questions? I don't really know how much time to spend on it
is anyone gonna revise AS bio too incase of synoptic questions? I don't really know how much time to spend on it

I've put my AS and A2 notes together, and I've been linking AS topics to A2 ones. Basically everything revolves around proteins and transcription :lol: The spec I think says what you need to know from AS too.
Reply 268
Original post by AyCaramba
Study leave stars June 2nd, you're scaring me now! We've done the first half of f215 and apparently the next half is quicker?

I'd prefer that date for study leave than mine (7th) because we learn better ourselves than our teachers 'teach' it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 269

Yeah, go for it. It's just a case of getting notes out from last year. The hard work is done.
Can anyone give me a list of definitions we need to learn for F21 and F215 please?
Reply 271
I'm interested to find this out. What part of each exam do people find the most difficult? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hmht
I'm interested to find this out. What part of each exam do people find the most difficult? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you mean part of the syllabus? I can't stand DNA And Biotech, I'm just not interested, so I spend less time on it, etcetc. Cellular control is tough too, but I think I'll slowly get the hang of it. Eventually. Maybe.
Reply 273
Do you mean part of the syllabus? I can't stand DNA And Biotech, I'm just not interested, so I spend less time on it, etcetc. Cellular control is tough too, but I think I'll slowly get the hang of it. Eventually. Maybe.

I just mean any specific topic :smile: i hate all the conditioning and habituation because i just cant remember it because its dull as hell :P and the punnet squares -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hmht
I just mean any specific topic :smile: i hate all the conditioning and habituation because i just cant remember it because its dull as hell :P and the punnet squares -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile

We haven't even gotten to that yet ahhhhh that sounds gross
Reply 275
We haven't even gotten to that yet ahhhhh that sounds gross

Oh right haha, we did it in the last 6 weeks last year after AS exams :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hmht
Oh right haha, we did it in the last 6 weeks last year after AS exams :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

We did unit 4 then and now I really wish we covered 5 first
Reply 277
We did unit 4 then and now I really wish we covered 5 first

Oh right I see :P we did it in a strange order. For the last 6 weeks we did that and ecosystems (part of it) because apparently it's the easiest stuff to revise a year later then in September we started unit 4 and did all but photosynthesis. We started photosynthesis just before easter because plants have started to grow so we can do experiments :P that's my teachers justification :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by phoebc
oh that's fine we start our study leave May 7th but since yours starts later you've got ages to finish

Ah right pheww lol, I'm not sure if i'd prefer an earlier study leave date tbh, i revise so much more at home :/
Original post by Kell_
I'd prefer that date for study leave than mine (7th) because we learn better ourselves than our teachers 'teach' it.

i know right, i only ever understand bio when i explain it to myself after lessons :closedeyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending