The Student Room Group

Zionist Israeli President Netanyahu says Iran must accept Israel's existence

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Friday that any final nuclear deal with Iran must include a commitment from Tehran recognising Israel's right to exist.

Netanyahu, whose address to the U.S. Congress last month failed to stop the United States and five other major powers agreeing a framework accord with Tehran on Thursday, made the demand after his security cabinet met to discuss the deal.

"Israel demands that any final agreement with Iran will include a clear and unambiguous Iranian commitment of Israel's right to exist," Netanyahu said in a statement.

"Israel will not accept an agreement which allows a country that vows to annihilate us to develop nuclear weapons, period."

You can read the full story here : http://in.reuters.com/article/2015/04/03/israel-iran-framework-idINKBN0MU0BF20150403

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Why the need to call him a Zionist? Would have thought that would go with him being the leader of Israel. Might as well call obama the American president of America.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Israel is in no position to dictate to Iran, much less the world, the conditions for allowing Iran to have a civilian nuclear program.
Original post by Aj12
Why the need to call him a Zionist? Would have thought that would go with him being the leader of Israel. Might as well call obama the American president of America.

Posted from TSR Mobile

American President of the United States.
Reply 4
Fair enough
Reply 5
Original post by Aj12

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well he is more the Kenyan president of America
Reply 6
Original post by Koffing
Well he is more the Kenyan president of America

I thought the theory is that he was born in Indonesia?
With this constant tit for tat between them and Iran I'd honestly argue the best way to settle it is Netanyahu and one of those Iranian politicians calling for the destruction of Israel to fight it out Mortal Kombat style.
Original post by Law-Hopeful
Israel is in no position to dictate to Iran, much less the world, the conditions for allowing Iran to have a civilian nuclear program.

They have much more of a moral position to do so than the illiberal theocrats in Tehran, given that the latter have on numerous occasions demonstrated a will to wipe Israel from the map.
Original post by Aj12

Posted from TSR Mobile

Obama may have been born in the United States, but he is not much of an American. He's more of a European.

Whereas Netanyahu is the only Israeli prime minister to have been born in Israel; he fought with the IDF and is hawkish on things like the Israel Palestine conflict and Iran. He's more Zionist than the leftist "Zionist Union", I think.
Reply 10
Original post by felamaslen
Obama may have been born in the United States, but he is not much of an American. He's more of a European.

Whereas Netanyahu is the only Israeli prime minister to have been born in Israel; he fought with the IDF and is hawkish on things like the Israel Palestine conflict and Iran. He's more Zionist than the leftist "Zionist Union", I think.

I'm not really sure you could describe him as being a European. He is American because he was born in America.

Whilst Netanyahu may be more of a Zionist, I think it would be impossible to have an Israeli leader who was not a Zionist.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aj12
I'm not really sure you could describe him as being a European. He is American because he was born in America.

Whilst Netanyahu may be more of a Zionist, I think it would be impossible to have an Israeli leader who was not a Zionist.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Never say never.

I meant that Obama is hardly pro-American in his outlook or pro-West. He's pro-withdrawal and pro-third world. He said that he believed in American exceptionalism in the same way a Greek believes in Greek exceptionalism; not because he genuinely believes America is a superior place with superior values.
Pretty sure nearly everyone who lives in Israel is a Zionist and those who aren't like Gilad Atzmon live in Britain.

But hey in Britain your politicians are Zionists too.

Miliband the Marxist (but not when it comes to his Jewish people) ...but also a confessed Zionist.

Zionism is really Jewish nationalism.

Jews rule Western politics.

Even David Cameron is part Jewish descent, he admitted himself that he has a Jewish world view....
If he wants to insist they recognise Israel, fine, but the whole "right to exist" idea is a nonsense more or less invented (at least in this sense) by Israel.
Original post by anarchism101
If he wants to insist they recognise Israel, fine, but the whole "right to exist" idea is a nonsense more or less invented (at least in this sense) by Israel.

How does Israel manage to get away with convincing the world that the Palestinians (etc) are the bad guys because they refuse to recognise Israel's existence (as a Jewish state is the latest condition...) whilst they simultaneously refuse to recognise a Palestinian state (or even let the international community do so)?

A civilian nuclear program, ha get real. Iran has for many years been a distabilised country and especially now more than ever are in a destabilised region of the world. They have stated on multiple occasions they want to see israel annexed and therefore they are a very dangerous country if they have any access to nuclear power. Anyone with common sense would see the potential threat from Iran having a nuclear program.
Original post by The two eds
*babble*

All your comment shows is your ignorance of the topic, and the dangerous vitriol you spew as a result. I invite you to read through the thread on the outline agreement reached by the EU, P5+1 and Iran where the restrictions on Iran's nuclear programme are discussed.

Hopefully then you will be in a position to start engaging with the facts and reality, and maybe even start to form some reasonable and logical views on the matter. :smile:
All your comment shows is your ignorance of the topic, and the dangerous vitriol you spew as a result. I invite you to read through the thread on the outline agreement reached by the EU, P5+1 and Iran where the restrictions on Iran's nuclear programme are discussed.

Hopefully then you will be in a position to start engaging with the facts and reality, and maybe even start to form some reasonable and logical views on the matter. :smile:

I have read it multiple times. I fail to see your reasoning. Are you actually saying you feel safe with a fully functional nuclear program being established in a region all the time falling prey to terror? Did you know plutonium being a waste product of uranium commonly phrased "nuclear waste" has just as much potential to create weapons of mass destruction? Whatever waste disposal agreement Iran signed up to, if on the off instance terrorist organisations obtain this waste they could cause the loss of many lives.
Original post by The two eds
Are you actually saying you feel safe with a fully functional nuclear program being established in a region all the time falling prey to terror?

I don't fear any country's civilian nuclear energy programme. To do so would be absurd. Iran remains one of the most stable countries in the Middle East.

I am far more worried about Pakistan's and Israel's nuclear weapons.

Did you know plutonium being a waste product of uranium commonly phrased "nuclear waste" has just as much potential to create weapons of mass destruction?

You haven't read up on the agreement. Please read the fact sheet(s). Then perhaps you will be in a position to engage with the facts.

The relevant sections for your latest (I hope not deliberate) misleading statement are as follows:

Restrictions on Arak Heavy Water Plant

The original core of the reactor, which would have enabled the production of significant quantities of weapons-grade plutonium, will be destroyed or removed from the country.

Iran will ship all of its spent fuel from the reactor out of the country for the reactor’s lifetime.

Iran has committed indefinitely to not conduct reprocessing or reprocessing research and development on spent nuclear fuel.

(edited 9 years ago)
I don't fear any country's civilian nuclear energy programme. To do so would be absurd. Iran remains one of the most stable countries in the Middle East.

I am far more worried about Pakistan's and Israel's nuclear weapons.

You haven't read up on the agreement. Please read the fact sheet(s). Then perhaps you will be in a position to engage with the facts.

The relevant sections for your latest (I hope not deliberate) misleading statement are as follows:

I am fully up to date with the agreement, you failed to understand what I said. Putting Iran's disposal scheme to the side production of weapon grade plutonium in the Middle East while it remains in its current situation is not advisable. Like I said where terror is high in the region if they were to intercept such waste the consequences could be detrimenal. You underestimate the opposition to israel and the west in Iran, while the governments may be on neutral ground the same can be said form retain groups in Iranian society.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending