I'm well, alhamdulillah. I've not been on here in ages :eek:
Original post by BRIXTON'S FINEST
QUIZ QUESTIONs
-------------------------------------------------

1. Who was the first sahabi to be known as amir al-mu'mineen

Posted from TSR Mobile

Umar ibn Al-Khattab ?
Original post by Iqbal007
Wsalaam, depends on the university, some have a proper system in place like Imperial, others you have to ask as I'm sure others have asked them too.

Loads of mosques and places to eat. Which university and area?

Ah, I see.

Kings, all the accommodation options are in zone 1 and 2
Original post by ash92:)
I'm well, alhamdulillah. I've not been on here in ages :eek:

Waalaikumussalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

You're back! Can't remember the last time you posted. Aaaaages
Original post by HSafirah
Waalaikumussalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

You're back! Can't remember the last time you posted. Aaaaages

Yes ukhti, life's busy :sadnod:
I think I last viewed the thread around 2,000 posts ago :colondollar:
[Last bit is emotional]

Imaan booster!

[video="youtube;MrCkLyb0Z9g"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrCkLyb0Z9g[/video]
Original post by BRIXTON'S FINEST
QUIZ QUESTIONs

2. When rasulullah (saw) performed the water miracle with his hand, roughly how many people performed wudhu and for which prayer was it for

Posted from TSR Mobile

afaik, this happened on more than one occasion, and the numbers differed. On one of the occasions, IIRC there were around 300 people. I can't remember which prayer it was for.
Yay alhamdulilah. I sense some epic posts with beautiful writing coming up in shaa Allah.
Sahih Bukhari
Book of Beginning of Creation
Chapter: Characteristic of the sun and the moon

Narrated Abu Dhar:
The Prophet (ﷺ) asked me at sunset, "Do you know where the sun goes (at the time of sunset)?" I replied, "Allah and His Apostle know better." He said, "It goes (i.e. travels) till it prostrates Itself underneath the Throne and takes the permission to rise again, and it is permitted and then (a time will come when) it will be about to prostrate itself but its prostration will not be accepted, and it will ask permission to go on its course but it will not be permitted, but it will be ordered to return whence it has come and so it will rise in the west. And that is the interpretation of the Statement of Allah: "And the sun Runs its fixed course For a term (decreed). that is The Decree of (Allah) The Exalted in Might, The All- Knowing." (36.38)

حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ يُوسُفَ، حَدَّثَنَا سُفْيَانُ، عَنِ الأَعْمَشِ، عَنْ إِبْرَاهِيمَ التَّيْمِيِّ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، عَنْ أَبِي ذَرٍّ ـ رضى الله عنه ـ قَالَ قَالَ النَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم لأَبِي ذَرٍّ حِينَ غَرَبَتِ الشَّمْسُ ‏"‏ تَدْرِي أَيْنَ تَذْهَبُ ‏"‏‏.‏ قُلْتُ اللَّهُ وَرَسُولُهُ أَعْلَمُ‏.‏ قَالَ ‏"‏ فَإِنَّهَا تَذْهَبُ حَتَّى تَسْجُدَ تَحْتَ الْعَرْشِ، فَتَسْتَأْذِنَ فَيُؤْذَنَ لَهَا، وَيُوشِكُ أَنْ تَسْجُدَ فَلاَ يُقْبَلَ مِنْهَا، وَتَسْتَأْذِنَ فَلاَ يُؤْذَنَ لَهَا، يُقَالُ لَهَا ارْجِعِي مِنْ حَيْثُ جِئْتِ‏.‏ فَتَطْلُعُ مِنْ مَغْرِبِهَا، فَذَلِكَ قَوْلُهُ تَعَالَى {‏وَالشَّمْسُ تَجْرِي لِمُسْتَقَرٍّ لَهَا ذَلِكَ تَقْدِيرُ الْعَزِيزِ الْعَلِيمِ ‏}‏‏"‏‏.‏

Reference:
In-book reference : Book 59, hadith 10
USC-MSA Web (English) Reference : Vol. 4, Book 54, hadith 421
Do not neglect your salah

Whatever happens, even if you pray it with wavering concentration, do not stop praying; especially salatul Fajr and Isha. Abu Hurairah raḍyAllāhu 'anhu (may Allāh be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger of Allah ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam (peace and blessings of Allāh be upon him) said:

“No prayer is more burdensome to the hypocrites than the Fajr (dawn) prayer and the ‘Isha’ (night) prayer; and if they knew their merits, they would come to them even if they had to crawl to do so.” [Bukhari and Muslim]

Nobody wants to be like those described as hypocrites. Remember, you are good and you’re just trying to get back to what you used to be. It’s alright to take a break from other productive activities once in a while to renew your enthusiasm, but take care to guard your compulsory obligations. Never let them slip!
Original post by HSafirah
Sahih Bukhari
Book of Beginning of Creation
Chapter: Characteristic of the sun and the moon

Narrated Abu Dhar:
The Prophet (ﷺ) asked me at sunset, "Do you know where the sun goes (at the time of sunset)?" I replied, "Allah and His Apostle know better." He said, "It goes (i.e. travels) till it prostrates Itself underneath the Throne and takes the permission to rise again, and it is permitted and then (a time will come when) it will be about to prostrate itself but its prostration will not be accepted, and it will ask permission to go on its course but it will not be permitted, but it will be ordered to return whence it has come and so it will rise in the west. And that is the interpretation of the Statement of Allah: "And the sun Runs its fixed course For a term (decreed). that is The Decree of (Allah) The Exalted in Might, The All- Knowing." (36.38)

حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ يُوسُفَ، حَدَّثَنَا سُفْيَانُ، عَنِ الأَعْمَشِ، عَنْ إِبْرَاهِيمَ التَّيْمِيِّ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، عَنْ أَبِي ذَرٍّ ـ رضى الله عنه ـ قَالَ قَالَ النَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم لأَبِي ذَرٍّ حِينَ غَرَبَتِ الشَّمْسُ ‏"‏ تَدْرِي أَيْنَ تَذْهَبُ ‏"‏‏.‏ قُلْتُ اللَّهُ وَرَسُولُهُ أَعْلَمُ‏.‏ قَالَ ‏"‏ فَإِنَّهَا تَذْهَبُ حَتَّى تَسْجُدَ تَحْتَ الْعَرْشِ، فَتَسْتَأْذِنَ فَيُؤْذَنَ لَهَا، وَيُوشِكُ أَنْ تَسْجُدَ فَلاَ يُقْبَلَ مِنْهَا، وَتَسْتَأْذِنَ فَلاَ يُؤْذَنَ لَهَا، يُقَالُ لَهَا ارْجِعِي مِنْ حَيْثُ جِئْتِ‏.‏ فَتَطْلُعُ مِنْ مَغْرِبِهَا، فَذَلِكَ قَوْلُهُ تَعَالَى {‏وَالشَّمْسُ تَجْرِي لِمُسْتَقَرٍّ لَهَا ذَلِكَ تَقْدِيرُ الْعَزِيزِ الْعَلِيمِ ‏}‏‏"‏‏.‏

Reference:
In-book reference : Book 59, hadith 10
USC-MSA Web (English) Reference : Vol. 4, Book 54, hadith 421

SubhanAllah. SubhanAllah. Amazing. Absolutely amazing. Jazakillah khayran for sharing sis x
Though I recommed you to ignore some of the hatred you could potentially endure a few minutes from now when an atheist comes to argue that is scientifically untrue.
How unfortunate we are that today we see our loss in the rise of prices for commodities, the disobedience of our children, the lack of justice and taqwa in our rulers and the acquiring of illness and financial crises. Whereas the greater loss of our times is the loss of taqwa, khushoo' and imaan of our very own selves, the loss of our connection with Him and His word and the loss of our understanding.

We always think of loss in terms of such worldly things - never do we see our own selves and what we have lost in our relationship with Him.
The importance of prayer is demonstrated in many of the Prophet’s statements. For example, the Prophet said,

“The first matter that the slave will be brought to account for on the Day of Judgement is the prayer. If it is sound, then the rest of his deeds will be sound. And if it is incomplete, then the rest of his deeds will be incomplete.”
Title: Ya Ummee (O my mother)

Ya Ummee, Ya Ummee, I love you so much, Ya Ummee

To just think of my head resting on your shoulder,
To just feel the relief of being in your shade,
To feel the warmth of your care and your love for me,
In reply to which I wholeheartedly say:

Your shining smile is such a lovely delight,
Bringing strength to me in darkness, bringing the morning from the night.

From the break of dawn until the end of the day,
You were with me, a guiding light, easing my way.

Whenever I was ill,
I'd see you watching closely over me,
Sat by my side, waiting patiently,
Seeing to my every need.

To know that my troubles still trouble you,
To know that your concern for me is always true,
To know that so loving for me will be no other,
To know that I've been blessed with the world's best mother.

وَمَا كُنتَ تَتْلُو مِن قَبْلِهِ مِن كِتَابٍ وَلَا تَخُطُّهُ بِيَمِينِكَ ۖ إِذًا لَّارْتَابَ الْمُبْطِلُونَ
Neither did you (O Muhammad SAW) read any book before it (this Quran), nor did you write any book (whatsoever) with your right hand. In that case, indeed, the followers of falsehood might have doubted.

[Surah al-Ankaboot]
How unfortunate we are that today we see our loss in the rise of prices for commodities, the disobedience of our children, the lack of justice and taqwa in our rulers and the acquiring of illness and financial crises. Whereas the greater loss of our times is the loss of taqwa, khushoo' and imaan of our very own selves, the loss of our connection with Him and His word and the loss of our understanding.

We always think of loss in terms of such worldly things - never do we see our own selves and what we have lost in our relationship with Him.

Beautiful

Do you mind expanding on this bit a little :smile:
قَوْلٌ مَّعْرُوفٌ وَمَغْفِرَةٌ خَيْرٌ مِّن صَدَقَةٍ يَتْبَعُهَا أَذًى وَاللَّهُ غَنِيٌّ حَلِيمٌ

Kind speech and forgiveness is better than charity followed by injury; and Allah is Self-sufficient, Forbearing.

(Surah al-Baqarah)

SubhaanAllah, I really should reflect on this ayah.

Just the attributes that Allah ta'ala used to describe Himself here are alone enough to provoke one to ponder.

Kind speech and forgiveness is declared to be what is superior.
To reinforce this, and make one reflect on his own self, and to do so in comparison to Allah ta'ala's sublimity, He uses وَاللَّهُ غَنِيٌّ حَلِيمٌ

- the first being the Self-sufficient, the One without any need

- the second being the Forbearing One, the one who - despite having full knowledge of the transgression of His servants, despite being fully aware of their intentions, despite being All-powerful, despite His kingdom encompassing the Heavens and the Earth, despite Him alone having the power to create them and destroy them, despite being the One who punishes and has full power and authority to do so - still refrains from expressing His wrath, still gives us opportunities to turn to Him, still favours mercy over anger.

When He, 'azza wa jall, is all of the aforementioned, when He is al-Haleem DESPITE being al-Ghaniyy - he is The Forbearing One despite having no need, especially not from man, no action of ours increasing nor decreasing His majesty and power - how can we not turn to forgiveness to others? How can we forget that we need Him and He turns to those who are humble? How can we not restrain ourselves? How can we not abstain from letting our anger manifest when He, ta'ala, who is Omnipotent, lets His mercy be dominant over His wrath?

Allahu Akbar. That's just some thoughts on 2 words in an ayah.
Assalaamu 'alaykum wa rahamtullah. How's it going all?

wa'alaikum asalaam wa rahmatullah!
where've you been?!
Original post by beautifulxxx
SubhanAllah. SubhanAllah. Amazing. Absolutely amazing. Jazakillah khayran for sharing sis x
Though I recommed you to ignore some of the hatred you could potentially endure a few minutes from now when an atheist comes to argue that is scientifically untrue.

Jazakillahu khayran to you too sis :smile:
Original post by Mary562
Beautiful

Do you mind expanding on this bit a little :smile:

Of course not :h:

Sad, is it not, that when we think of loss, the first things that come to mind are all related to the dunya? Rarely do we contemplate on our losses with regards to our relationship with The Creator, Sustainer, Guide, Provider, upon whom we are all dependant. How often are we depressed at our losses in this dunya, at our debt, our misbehaving children, our lack of happiness, our lack of status...yet how often, in contrast, do we worry over our loss in our closeness to Allah ta'ala, our lack of time spent with Him, our lack of actions done solely for His sake in order to please Him, our lack of sincerity in these actions and our lack of understanding with regards to the Quran and Allah ta'ala's attributes? How lacking we are in self-contemplation, in spiritual development, in our efforts to strive to be closer to Him, in our prioritisation of the deen over dunya.

Latest

Trending

Trending