Scroll to see replies

Original post by Biryani007
wa'alaikum asalaam wa rahmatullah!
where've you been?!

Busy with life, sis :colondollar:
How are you?
Original post by ash92:)
Of course not :h:

Sad, is it not, that when we think of loss, the first things that come to mind are all related to the dunya? Rarely do we contemplate on our losses with regards to our relationship with The Creator, Sustainer, Guide, Provider, upon whom we are all dependant. How often are we depressed at our losses in this dunya, at our debt, our misbehaving children, our lack of happiness, our lack of status...yet how often, in contrast, do we worry over our loss in our closeness to Allah ta'ala, our lack of time spent with Him, our lack of actions done solely for His sake in order to please Him, our lack of sincerity in these actions and our lack of understanding with regards to the Quran and Allah ta'ala's attributes? How lacking we are in self-contemplation, in spiritual development, in our efforts to strive to be closer to Him, in our prioritisation of the deen over dunya.

:yy:

JazakAllah Khair

Masha'Allah you're very good at explaining

--------

"When my servants ask you concerning me, (tell them) I am indeed close (to them). I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calls on me." [2:186]

The place of du'a is so high to Allah, that the Prophet had said:

"Nothing is more honourable to Allah the Most High than du`a." [Sahih al-Jami` no.5268].

He also said: "The most excellent worship is du`a."; and in order to warn those who are arrogant, or careless in making du'a, the Prophet said: "The most incapable person is the one who does not make du`a, and the most miserly person is the one who does not give salaam.", and further, said: "If one does not ask Allah, He will get angry with him." [Sahih al-Jami` no.2414]
Busy with life, sis :colondollar: How are you?

Ah right, alhamdulillah I'm well :h:
The Quran in our lives. So important subhanAllah. Sadly for many of us, it's merely a book decorating our bookshelves as a means of declaration and proof that we are a Muslim. When it fact, it should be so much more than this.

The Quran connects you with Allah, By Allah it's true. You feel closeness to Him and a bond with Him, so much so that if every human were to hate you, but you felt His love, it would be sufficient. It shows you how Perfect and Majestic He is. It teaches you so many wise lessons to implement in your life. It is a book that illuminates the heart and refreshes the soul. It connects you with the reality of this life and the life to come; reminds you the delusion we are in and reality we, inevitably, are going to encounter. SubhanAllah. It is a gift, a Mercy from Allah. The Quran. The book contains the very words of the Most Merciful. SubhanAllah.
Reply 7624
Busy with life, sis :colondollar:
How are you?

Hope you're well, Ash
Reply 7625
How unfortunate we are that today we see our loss in the rise of prices for commodities, the disobedience of our children, the lack of justice and taqwa in our rulers and the acquiring of illness and financial crises. Whereas the greater loss of our times is the loss of taqwa, khushoo' and imaan of our very own selves, the loss of our connection with Him and His word and the loss of our understanding.

We always think of loss in terms of such worldly things - never do we see our own selves and what we have lost in our relationship with Him.

SubhanAllah, so true
Original post by Mary562
:yy:

JazakAllah Khair

Masha'Allah you're very good at explaining

--------

"When my servants ask you concerning me, (tell them) I am indeed close (to them). I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calls on me." [2:186]

The place of du'a is so high to Allah, that the Prophet had said:

"Nothing is more honourable to Allah the Most High than du`a." [Sahih al-Jami` no.5268].

He also said: "The most excellent worship is du`a."; and in order to warn those who are arrogant, or careless in making du'a, the Prophet said: "The most incapable person is the one who does not make du`a, and the most miserly person is the one who does not give salaam.", and further, said: "If one does not ask Allah, He will get angry with him." [Sahih al-Jami` no.2414]

Imam Ahmad also recorded Abu Sa`id saying that the Prophet said:

«مَا مِنْ مُسْلِمٍ يَدْعُو اللهَ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ بِدَعْوَةٍ لَيْسَ فِيها إِثْمٌ ولَا قَطِيعَةُ رَحِمٍ، إلَّا أَعْطَاهُ اللهُ بِهَا إِحْدَى ثَلَاثِ خِصَالٍ: إِمَّا أَنْ يُعَجِّل لَهُ دَعْوَتَهُ، وَإِمَّا أَنْ يَدَّخِرَهَا لَهُ فِي الأُخْرَى، وَإِمَّا أَنْ يَصْرِفَ عَنْهُ مِنَ السُّوءِ مِثْلَهَا»
قَالُوا: إذًا نُكْثِرُ؟
قَالَ: «اللهُ أَكْثَر»
(No Muslim supplicates to Allah with a Du`a that does not involve sin or cutting the relations of the womb, but Allah will grant him one of the three things. He will either hasten the response to his supplication, save it for him until the Hereafter, or would turn an equivalent amount of evil away from him.'')
They said, "What if we were to recite more (Du`a).''
He said, (There is more with Allah.)

`Abdullah the son of Imam Ahmad recorded `Ubadah bin As-Samit saying that the Prophet said:

«مَا عَلى ظَهْرِ الأَرْضِ مِنْ رَجُلٍ مُسْلِمٍ يَدْعُو اللهَ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ بَدَعْوَةٍ إِلَّا آتَاهُ اللهُ إيَّاهَا، أَوْ كَفَّ عَنْهُ مِنَ السُّوءِ مِثْلَهَا مَا لَمْ يَدْعُ بِإِثْمٍ أَوْ قَطِيعَةِ رَحِم»
(There is no Muslim man on the face of the earth who supplicates to Allah but Allah would either grant it to him, or avert a harm from him of equal proportions, as long as his supplication does not involve sin or cutting the relations of the womb.) At-Tirmidhi recorded this Hadith.

Imam Malik recorded that Abu Hurayrah narrated that Allah's Messenger said:

«يُسْتَجَابُ لأَحَدِكُمْ مَالَمْ يَعْجَلْ، يَقُولُ: دَعَوْتُ فَلَمْ يُسْتَجَبْ لِي»
(One's supplication will be accepted as long as he does become get hasty and say, `I have supplicated but it has not been accepted from me.'')

This Hadith is recorded in the Two Sahihs from Malik, and this is the wording of Al-Bukhari.

[Tafseer Ibn Katheer]

Original post by beautifulxxx
The Quran in our lives. So important subhanAllah. Sadly for many of us, it's merely a book decorating our bookshelves as a means of declaration and proof that we are a Muslim. When it fact, it should be so much more than this.

The Quran connects you with Allah, By Allah it's true. You feel closeness to Him and a bond with Him, so much so that if every human were to hate you, but you felt His love, it would be sufficient. It shows you how Perfect and Majestic He is. It teaches you so many wise lessons to implement in your life. It is a book that illuminates the heart and refreshes the soul. It connects you with the reality of this life and the life to come; reminds you the delusion we are in and reality we, inevitably, are going to encounter. SubhanAllah. It is a gift, a Mercy from Allah. The Quran. The book contains the very words of the Most Merciful. SubhanAllah.

PRSOM

Original post by Tpos
Hope you're well, Ash

I am, alhamdulillah. How's study? :h:
(edited 9 years ago)
:ciao:
:ciao: :ciao: :ciao:
:ciao: :ciao: :ciao: :ciao: :ciao:
:ciao: :ciao: :ciao::ciao: :ciao: :ciao: :ciao:

(edited 9 years ago)
Sahih Bukhari
Book of beginning of creation
Chapter: The reference to angels

Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "On every Friday the angels take their stand at every gate of the mosque to write the names of the people chronologically (i.e. according to the time of their arrival for the Friday prayer) and when the Imam sits (on the pulpit) they fold up their scrolls and get ready to listen to the sermon."

حَدَّثَنَا أَحْمَدُ بْنُ يُونُسَ، حَدَّثَنَا إِبْرَاهِيمُ بْنُ سَعْدٍ، حَدَّثَنَا ابْنُ شِهَابٍ، عَنْ أَبِي سَلَمَةَ، وَالأَغَرِّ، عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ ـ رضى الله عنه ـ قَالَ قَالَ النَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم "‏ إِذَا كَانَ يَوْمُ الْجُمُعَةِ كَانَ عَلَى كُلِّ باب مِنْ أَبْوَابِ الْمَسْجِدِ الْمَلاَئِكَةُ، يَكْتُبُونَ الأَوَّلَ فَالأَوَّلَ، فَإِذَا جَلَسَ الإِمَامُ طَوَوُا الصُّحُفَ وَجَاءُوا يَسْتَمِعُونَ الذِّكْرَ ‏"‏‏.‏

Reference
In-book reference: book 59, hadith 22
USC-MSA web (English) reference: vol 4, book 54, hadith 433
Original post by FlareBlitz96
Ah, I see.

Kings, all the accommodation options are in zone 1 and 2

Which campus will you based at?
Original post by Iqbal007
Which campus will you based at?

I have absolutely no idea:s-smilie:
updated my sig
:bl:
Imam Ahmad also recorded Abu Sa`id saying that the Prophet said:

«مَا مِنْ مُسْلِمٍ يَدْعُو اللهَ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ بِدَعْوَةٍ لَيْسَ فِيها إِثْمٌ ولَا قَطِيعَةُ رَحِمٍ، إلَّا أَعْطَاهُ اللهُ بِهَا إِحْدَى ثَلَاثِ خِصَالٍ: إِمَّا أَنْ يُعَجِّل لَهُ دَعْوَتَهُ، وَإِمَّا أَنْ يَدَّخِرَهَا لَهُ فِي الأُخْرَى، وَإِمَّا أَنْ يَصْرِفَ عَنْهُ مِنَ السُّوءِ مِثْلَهَا»
قَالُوا: إذًا نُكْثِرُ؟
قَالَ: «اللهُ أَكْثَر»
(No Muslim supplicates to Allah with a Du`a that does not involve sin or cutting the relations of the womb, but Allah will grant him one of the three things. He will either hasten the response to his supplication, save it for him until the Hereafter, or would turn an equivalent amount of evil away from him.'')
They said, "What if we were to recite more (Du`a).''
He said, (There is more with Allah.)

`Abdullah the son of Imam Ahmad recorded `Ubadah bin As-Samit saying that the Prophet said:

«مَا عَلى ظَهْرِ الأَرْضِ مِنْ رَجُلٍ مُسْلِمٍ يَدْعُو اللهَ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ بَدَعْوَةٍ إِلَّا آتَاهُ اللهُ إيَّاهَا، أَوْ كَفَّ عَنْهُ مِنَ السُّوءِ مِثْلَهَا مَا لَمْ يَدْعُ بِإِثْمٍ أَوْ قَطِيعَةِ رَحِم»
(There is no Muslim man on the face of the earth who supplicates to Allah but Allah would either grant it to him, or avert a harm from him of equal proportions, as long as his supplication does not involve sin or cutting the relations of the womb.) At-Tirmidhi recorded this Hadith.

Imam Malik recorded that Abu Hurayrah narrated that Allah's Messenger said:

«يُسْتَجَابُ لأَحَدِكُمْ مَالَمْ يَعْجَلْ، يَقُولُ: دَعَوْتُ فَلَمْ يُسْتَجَبْ لِي»
(One's supplication will be accepted as long as he does become get hasty and say, `I have supplicated but it has not been accepted from me.'')

This Hadith is recorded in the Two Sahihs from Malik, and this is the wording of Al-Bukhari.

[Tafseer Ibn Katheer]

PRSOM

I am, alhamdulillah. How's study? :h:

JazakAllahu khayran.
If you don't mind me asking...how did you get so good at writing? Is it studies or literature perhaps?
Original post by justforonegif
updated my sig
:bl:

wth :lolwut:
Original post by beautifulxxx
JazakAllahu khayran.
If you don't mind me asking...how did you get so good at writing? Is it studies or literature perhaps?

Do you want the honest answer?

Learning about the Quran and pondering over it :dontknow: - I've not undertaken any studies in literature at all, my field of study was science :biggrin:

edit: btw, the post you quoted - it was all from Tafseer Ibn Katheer
(edited 9 years ago)
wth :lolwut:

u likey?
Original post by justforonegif
u likey?

:no: :nothing:
:no: :nothing:

:hand:
Original post by kyoti
Wa alaikumussalam

Good alhamdulillah how are you? I hope all is well with you.

Alhamdulilah, all is well :smile:

waalaikumasalaam.

doing gud alhamdulillah, hope you are too

Yes, shukran. Alhamdulilah I am doing well.:biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending