The Student Room Group

Should I be flattered or offended when people think I'm Brazilian/Spanish?

I'm neither so yeah just wondering how I should feel about it when people assume that from the way I look.

Scroll to see replies

yes you should be.

Are you brown?
Have you been called exotic?
What is there to be offended about?
When I tell people I'm half Brazilian I get told how exotic it is.. so take it as a compliment!
How about you feel nothing. Neither flattered nor offended.
No, but I'd correct them. It would be a great conversation starter.
YES"!
Original post by hilrho
I'm neither so yeah just wondering how I should feel about it when people assume that from the way I look.

LOLOL I've had this happen a fair amount of times.

I'm neither flattered nor offended. It's just someone asking you a question. No need to get worked up over it.
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm pretty much the opposite of you; I'm Spanish but I look as English and unexotic as a pork pie. People never believe me when I tell them
Compliment... Spanish/Brazilian girls are hot :P
wait, so what are you then
Original post by Kat187
No. This needs to be addressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just report the post. Honestly, I used to that to a user that posted the most vile, race-baiting comments-and that person isn't here anymore. Besides, you're detracting away from the real issue here.

Original post by hilrho

OK I feel super repetitive posting this, but what ethnicity (or ethnicities) do you identify with? Because I've noticed a lot of my mixed/biracial friends get this.
Lol what is meant to be flattering about that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Should I be flattered or offended when people think I'm Brazilian/Spanish?

Flattered if Brazilian, offended if Spanish :colone:
Yeah, everyone knows that 100% of Brazilians are beautiful.
Reply 16
Original post by Olympiad
yes you should be.

Are you brown?

I should be what? And no I'm not brown haha. I'm naturally tanned, like Adriana Lima's skin tone.:smile:

Original post by jedanselemyia
Have you been called exotic?

Yes I have. :smile:

Original post by souless_lol
wait, so what are you then

Original post by kurofune
what ethnicity (or ethnicities) do you identify with? Because I've noticed a lot of my mixed/biracial friends get this.

My mums got Austrian Jewish, English and Scottish ancestry and my dad's got White, Asian and Black in him. I know, a lot going on haha. :colondollar: Anyways but I mostly Identify with being White. It's so strange because when I'm in Europe or the Americas people assume I'm Brazilian/ Spanish. But when I'm in Asia or Africa I'm seen as being White.

Original post by Skip_Snip
Flattered if Brazilian, offended if Spanish :colone:

Haha why offended if Spanish though?

Original post by Lewierhodes
Compliment... Spanish/Brazilian girls are hot :P

Not to appear vain or anything but I am a 9 in any sense :wink:

Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk
No, but I'd correct them. It would be a great conversation starter.

I do correct them and it indeed is a good conversation starter.

Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
When I tell people I'm half Brazilian I get told how exotic it is.. so take it as a compliment!

Will do! :biggrin:

Original post by e aí rapaz
Yeah, everyone knows that 100% of Brazilians are beautiful.

So flattered then?

Original post by Zainh94
Lol what is meant to be flattering about that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know to be honest but most people think Brazilians are some of the most beautiful women in the world.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by hilrho
I should be what? And no I'm not brown haha. I'm naturally tanned, like Adriana Lima's skin tone.:smile:

Yes I have. :smile:

My mums got Austrian Jewish, English and Scottish ancestry and my dad's got White, Asian and Black in him. I know, a lot going on haha. :colondollar: Anyways but I mostly Identify with being White. It's so strange because when I'm in Europe or the Americas people assume I'm Brazilian/ Spanish. But when I'm in Asia or Africa I'm seen as being White.

Haha why offended if Spanish though?

Not to appear vain or anything but I am a 9 in any sense :wink:

I do correct them and it indeed is a good conversation starter.

Will do! :biggrin:

So flattered then?

I don't know to be honest but most people think Brazilians are some of the most beautiful women in the world.

Well if you look Brazilian/Spanish then I'm not surprised :biggrin:
I've been called all sorts. Including Brazilian, Spanish, Mexican, pakistani, lol.

I bet I could pass for anything if I tried hard enough :afro:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by ChickenMadness
I've been called all sorts. Including Brazilian, Spanish, Mexican, pakistani, lol.

I bet I could pass for anything if I tried hard enough :afro:

Haha what are you really then?

Quick Reply

Latest