The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

just need this all to stop I have no idea what to do but I just cant. GP appointment on thurs and honestly it cant come quick enough. gonna try and be firm and not let him fob me off with the 'well you need to TRY' insults etc. I need him to do something because im getting really desperate indeed
Home tomorrow and never been happier to be going to my mums, forgot how tiring 7 girls is! Remind me to not have kids :tongue: or especially 7 of them!

Posted from TSR Mobile
anyone know any good helplines apart from Samaritans?
Original post by ScaryScience
anyone know any good helplines apart from Samaritans?

I've never used them for anything but I think this helpline is from a charity that focuses on mental health, so hopefully they would be more knowledgeable and sympathetic:

http://www.sane.org.uk/what_we_do/support/helpline/

You'd have to call them before 11pm though

Stay safe hun :hugs:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I've never used them for anything but I think this helpline is from a charity that focuses on mental health, so hopefully they would be more knowledgeable and sympathetic:

http://www.sane.org.uk/what_we_do/support/helpline/

You'd have to call them before 11pm though

Stay safe hun :hugs:

Thanks hun, been a bit wary of this one due to an 0845 number. they tend to be expensive on my contract and my mum pays for my phone. :sigh:
Thanks hun, been a bit wary of this one due to an 0845 number. they tend to be expensive on my contract and my mum pays for my phone. :sigh:

Ah sorry, I forgot you're not the one paying your bill :s-smilie: The only other helpline I can think of is the Papyrus one but it's closed anyway and is an 0800 number :frown:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Ah sorry, I forgot you're not the one paying your bill :s-smilie: The only other helpline I can think of is the Papyrus one but it's closed anyway and is an 0800 number :frown:

No apologies needed! yeah that was another one I had considered but 0800 numbers tend to be expensive too :frown: the only ones I can call are local rate numbers really and I guess Samaritans is probably the only organisation big enough to have those :/ thanks anyway :hugs:

Spoiler

Original post by Pathway

Spoiler

:hugs: same :sadnod:

Posted from TSR Mobile
No apologies needed! yeah that was another one I had considered but 0800 numbers tend to be expensive too :frown: the only ones I can call are local rate numbers really and I guess Samaritans is probably the only organisation big enough to have those :/ thanks anyway :hugs:

Try checking both numbers on saynoto0870, you might be able to find the local number for them :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
going out of my mind omg

Spoiler

going out of my mind omg

:hugs:
Sorry, I'm no use. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't understand if you guys go to your gp's if you depression/anxiety if it is severe they make referrals to physiologists etc? Are they not doing that for you guys
Ugh literally all of my mum's friends commented on how much weight I've lost, feel so embarrassed and ashamed :bawling:

Also quite drunk which is never good when I'm feeling wobbly, kinda sleepy though so hopefully I'll get a good night's sleep

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pathway

Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Being labelled as depressed is not a cure. It might actually demoralise you and prolong the whole bitter episode'
So if you have been ‘diagnosed’, don’t just sit there and succumb. Your brain has untapped powers of recovery just lying there, waiting to help you survive and grow, waiting for you to say: ‘Blast all this. I’m going to get better.’

Spoiler

hope you're ok? pm if you need/want to talk to someone
just sobbed so much I think my eyes are about to fall out. literally inconsolable
just sobbed so much I think my eyes are about to fall out. literally inconsolable

:hugs: :console: :jumphug:

Latest