The Student Room Group

Should Islam have its own mega country in the Middle East?

Would people prefer if all muslims left from the western world back to their original countries and then formed a mega country consisting of different muslim countries. So say Pakistan, Afghan, Saudi etc all join into one mega country and combine assets. Similar to what Israel is doing but for muslims. This way all muslims leave the west alone and they go back and form a super country but every muslim man has to join the army so hopefully looking at an army .8 billion strong. Form Coalitions with the Chinese and Russians for security and US for trade of oil.

I think it would be a good idea to bring Unity to Muslims who were scattered across the globe and it would bring stability to the middle east. We could also sort out ISIS. So what do you think?

Call it the United Islamic Republic
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yep, since the Caliphate turned out well.....

Muslims can stay, but we shouldn't bend to them.

I don't think another Caliphate could work. Not everybody in a Middle Eastern country is Arab anyhow. Iranians aren't.
Reply 2
Original post by miguapa
yep, since the Caliphate turned out well.....

Muslims can stay, but we shouldn't bend to them.

I don't think another Caliphate could work. Not everybody in a Middle Eastern country is Arab anyhow. Iranians aren't.

Islam does not work like Judaism though where you have to be arab to be muslim. The whole Sunni-Shia thing is a problem though. People should just come together and say whoever believes in one god and follows the quran is a muslim and forget this sunni-shia crap. Forget this Caliphate crap as well. Muslims arent really wanted here so should all just go back and get about sorting our ummah out and showing solidarity. Leaves the west free of muslims and helps the islamic world progress.
Reply 3
Original post by Numan786
Islam does not work like Judaism though where you have to be arab to be muslim. The whole Sunni-Shia thing is a problem though. People should just come together and say whoever believes in one god and follows the quran is a muslim and forget this sunni-shia crap. Forget this Caliphate crap as well. Muslims arent really wanted here so should all just go back and get about sorting our ummah out and showing solidarity. Leaves the west free of muslims and helps the islamic world progress.

It still hasn't worked with Catholic / Protestant.
I wonder how different branches of Islam would get on.
Too much infighting between the different branches of Islam and other nationalities.
I wouldn't leave the UK tbh
That's what ISIS is trying to do. And isn't that working out beautifully for everyone? :rolleyes:
Original post by Samistrawberry
What.. cause they're not going to the Pub and drinking :rolleyes:

If you see Muslims they're told not to talk to anyone who is a non-believe and thrust fail to integrate into local communities. Muslims have their own group of friends while other non Muslims have friends from different religions and ethnic background.

British society isn't going to the pub its multiculturalism.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by realcloud
If you see Muslims they're told not to talk to anyone who is a non-believe and thrust fail to integrate into local communities. Muslims have their own group of friends while other non Muslims have friends from different religions and ethnic background.

British society isn't going to the pub its multiculturalism.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really?

And in what way do you 'integrate' with your local community?

British society is a lot of things :lol: and ye the Brits are quite notorious for their pubs.
This is really stupid idea. I, being a Pakistani, would never accept something as such. Muslim countries are better being independent.

Why not call it the Islamic State?

Your organization has already been birthed.

Islamic State is the most successful attempt in modern times at creating a unified Muslim state. If not for the nefarious West and its bombing campaign, Islamic State would already have Iraq and Syria under its control.
Original post by Democracy
That's what ISIS is trying to do. And isn't that working out beautifully for everyone? :rolleyes:

Well ISIS are forcefully trying to make people accept their concept of an Islamic State, branding those that refuse to accept them as hypocrites and disbelievers. It doesn't really work like that.
Yeah, an army of 0.8 billion people is definitely not going to resort to try and take over the world against the kuffar...
Reply 14
Original post by Mike9910
Why not call it the Islamic State?

Your organization has already been birthed.

Islamic State is the most successful attempt in modern times at creating a unified Muslim state. If not for the nefarious West and its bombing campaign, Islamic State would already have Iraq and Syria under its control.

Ill be damned if I'm gonna follow some Mossad agents trying to make an Islamic state. They're just going round causing unrest and are killing Muslims. I meant do it peacefully and create it with foundations of a western country ie benefits and stuff and help Muslims get in better jobs and stuff. Hopefully as its compulsory to pay tax for the poor we can sort the poor problem out in the country. Also it'll be a Muslim country so no discrimination against Muslims inside.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by h3isenberg
Yeah, an army of 0.8 billion people is definitely not going to resort to try and take over the world against the kuffar...

The army is a defence mechanism to ensure we don't get bombed by the US and its allies for ****s and giggles. We will also form pacts with china and russia to ensure protection. Oil trade will continue as normal with the US.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That would suck for all the atheists, homosexuals, Non-Muslims, and secular people within the Middle East, Pakistan and North Africa.

A state like that would inevitably try to colonise more countries to spread Islam and would try to attack Israel - thus potentially sparking WW3. ISIS v.2

And even then I'm pretty sure most Western Muslims would prefer to live in the West.
(edited 9 years ago)
Would people prefer if all muslims left from the western world back to their original countries and then formed a mega country consisting of different muslim countries. So say Pakistan, Afghan, Saudi etc all join into one mega country and combine assets. Similar to what Israel is doing but for muslims. This way all muslims leave the west alone and they go back and form a super country but every muslim man has to join the army so hopefully looking at an army .8 billion strong. Form Coalitions with the Chinese and Russians for security and US for trade of oil.

I think it would be a good idea to bring Unity to Muslims who were scattered across the globe and it would bring stability to the middle east. We could also sort out ISIS. So what do you think?

I'm far from convinced that most Muslims are capable of governing themselves. They value religion over prosperity and as a result poverty breeds terrorism. It could well be a failed state or dictatorship.

Finally it would never be allowed to occur (rightfully so) because it would be a strategic threat to western interests.
Original post by Samistrawberry
really?

Can't say I've come across anything saying a Muslim cannot talk with an unbeliever, albeit I believe the Qu'ran does discourage relationships that are more than just acquaintances, due to their potential to corrupt/lead astray the believer.
I'll ignore any other issues with this for now and just focus on practicality. Namely, what happens to:

1. Muslim in countries where they are the minority? And here I'm not talking about small, mostly migrant-descended minorities like in the UK; I mean Muslims in places like Bosnia, Ethiopia, India, Macedonia, etc.

2. Non-Muslims in Muslim-majority countries? Again, not really about very small minorities, but about pretty significant portions, i.e. Lebanon, Kazakhstan, Sierra Leone, etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending