I feel like I am going to fail, just opened a past paper :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by kandykissesxox
I feel like I am going to fail, just opened a past paper :frown:

AS or A2 and what exam board?
AS and AQA
Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel the same for maths but I study it 10-2 every night,so I suggest you do.the same for chemistry.
Reply 4
AS and AQA

Dont worry, I found AS pretty challenging too but the more you do past papers and read over notes the better you will find it.

I would recommend checking out chemrevise they do AMAZING notes on AS/A2 chemistry. Thats the reason I got such a high grade in chemistry, Good luck!
Original post by Cobalt_
Dont worry, I found AS pretty challenging too but the more you do past papers and read over notes the better you will find it.

I would recommend checking out chemrevise they do AMAZING notes on AS/A2 chemistry. Thats the reason I got such a high grade in chemistry, Good luck!

I have used that site, should i memorise the notes? how did you make the most of that site and also what grade did you come out with ?
Don't worry- do exam papers- they are the key! Know the concepts and then practice them in exam questions. Good luck!
Reply 7
I have used that site, should i memorise the notes? how did you make the most of that site and also what grade did you come out with ?

I just read the notes until they were ingrained in my memory.
Then I moved on to past papers, including old spec.
AS chemistry isnt too bad with the application and most of the past papers repeat themselves so just make sure you know the content then doing past papers will help you memorise the AQA mark scheme and you will know exactly what answer they are looking for!

Grade I got: A* overall.
Now studying chemistry at uni!!! :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by Cobalt_
AS chemistry isnt too bad with the application and most of the past papers repeat themselves so just make sure you know the content then doing past papers will help you memorise the AQA mark scheme and you will know exactly what answer they are looking for!

What did you get at AS, UMS %?
Reply 9
Original post by BIOCH3M
What did you get at AS, UMS %?

AS I got 90% bang on
Original post by Cobalt_
AS I got 90% bang on

Posted from TSR Mobile

👊.I aspire to gain your same sort of results.
Original post by Cobalt_

theres so many of chem revises notes to go through, did you use the revision booklets or the harder notes :smile:
I'm studying chemistry too, was about to launch into a massive persuasive and comforting speech before realising **** this, it is actually very hard.
I suppose the key is to understand the key concepts because the questions will always be related to those somehow and to use a range of resources to understand for revision. ( eg: use more than one revision guide so there are different explanations, wording styles)
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

👊.I aspire to gain your same sort of results.

Work hard and I'm sure you could get higher! Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
theres so many of chem revises notes to go through, did you use the revision booklets or the harder notes :smile:

I just used chemrevise notes. They are enough, they cover everything possible.
If I had to recommend a book id say the cgp revision guides. The Nelson thornes book never worked for me, I didn't like it's layout and therefore never used it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by Cobalt_
Work hard and I'm sure you could get higher! Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would you say its unlikely to go from a high B as AS to an A at A2?
Original post by BIOCH3M
Would you say its unlikely to go from a high B as AS to an A at A2?

Yeh definitely! I found A2 so much easier!! I got higher in A2 with less work so I defo think that's possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by Cobalt_
Yeh definitely! I found A2 so much easier!! I got higher in A2 with less work so I defo think that's possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! This is off topic, but what uni are you at and what were your A2 predictions by your school? I promise, this is the last question ahaha!
Original post by BIOCH3M
Thanks! This is off topic, but what uni are you at and what were your A2 predictions by your school? I promise, this is the last question ahaha!

I don't mind, if you got more questions go for it!
I don't mind telling you the uni in PM but I don't want to make it public sorry but my A2 predications were AAA, I got A*AA (damn you A2 biology!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
You guys are really motivating me :smile: I heard A2 chem is a lot harder

Quick Reply

Latest