The Student Room Group

Why aren't English people outraged or vocal about Pakistani grooming gangs?

I find it particularly confusing considering how quick most native English people will shout another English person down with 'racist' 'xenophobe' for slight comments - especially in how vocal the English are against Farage (who has been now attacked twice by English 'anti-racists') yet are silent to Labour and the police services for deliberate complicity in heinous, terrible crimes? two which resulted in child murders in takeaways.

I also had a friend claim that Anjem Chodhry or Abu Hamza have never been bombarded or attacked in anyway that Farage has in public? is this true? if it is I think it's safe to say British people are the only group in the world who behave like this and are happy for heinous crimes against themselves yet quiet about real hardcore issues if they're the ones who were targeted?

lol i can't imagine being English it must be a miserable, un-natural experience lol
The English remind me of a battered wife who refuses do anything in their own self interest.
Reply 2
Original post by Catholic_
I find it particularly confusing considering how quick most native English people will shout another English person down with 'racist' 'xenophobe' for slight comments - especially in how vocal the English are against Farage (who has been now attacked twice by English 'anti-racists') yet are silent to Labour and the police services for deliberate complicity in heinous, terrible crimes? two which resulted in child murders in takeaways.

I also had a friend claim that Anjem Chodhry or Abu Hamza have never been bombarded or attacked in anyway that Farage has in public? is this true? if it is I think it's safe to say British people are the only group in the world who behave like this and are happy for heinous crimes against themselves yet quiet about real hardcore issues if they're the ones who were targeted?

lol i can't imagine being English it must be a miserable, un-natural experience lol

They are. They are vocal and outraged about it, much like us normal South Asians are. They are criminals, like older white men who are paedophiles and black boys who attempt murder by stabbing. They're a minority. We shouldn't do anything else other than help the police by removing these disgusting criminals from society because the majority of South Asian guys are very normal human beings. Labelling will only cause more problems in a multi-cultural society.

I sense that you aren't around South Asian people or black people much...
Reply 3
Original post by am_blue
They are. They are vocal and outraged about it, much like us normal South Asians are. They are criminals, like older white men who are paedophiles and black boys who attempt murder by stabbing. They're a minority. We shouldn't do anything else other than help the police by removing these disgusting criminals from society because the majority of South Asian guys are very normal human beings. Labelling will only cause more problems in a multi-cultural society.

I sense that you aren't around South Asian people or black people much...[/QUOT

Strange how you manage to turn this thread into about how innocent Pakistanis are. All about you.
Reply 4
Not you again. The racist is back.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
They're not allowed to be, that's racist.

Don't be racist
Reply 6
Original post by al_94
Not you again. The racist is back.

Stop being racist.

Statistically speaking you are far, far, far more likely to be sexually assaulted, raped or murdered by a family member, friend or acquaintance than an Asian paedophile gang.

On a similar note the Catholic church and institutions linked to it (eg; Catholic children's homes) have been wrought by allegations of child abuse for decades.

Despite what the right wing media would have you believe discriminating against all Asian people (or Asian males) is not going to make a measurable difference to the incidence of sex crimes in the UK.
Original post by ch0c0h01ic
Statistically speaking you are far, far, far more likely to be sexually assaulted, raped or murdered by a family member, friend or acquaintance than an Asian paedophile gang.

On a similar note the Catholic church and institutions linked to it (eg; Catholic children's homes) have been wrought by allegations of child abuse for decades.

Despite what the right wing media would have you believe discriminating against all Asian people (or Asian males) is not going to make a measurable difference to the incidence of sex crimes in the UK.

That depends if you live in an Asian area or not though doesnt it. I tell young female family relatives to stay away from Asian men.
Reply 9
Original post by NativeToEurope
That depends if you live in an Asian area or not though doesnt it. I tell young female family relatives to stay away from Asian men.

They are mostly men of Pakistani heritage, I don't like the word Asian being used.
Original post by NativeToEurope
The English remind me of a battered wife who refuses do anything in their own self interest.

Because Labour have created a society Centralised around political correctness. We can't even criticise the muslim population in case we are thrown in prison for hate crimes. They can say what they want of course and be housed on the expense of the taxpayer as a result. The fact is in England we have become criminals already simply for being english.
They are, but its a bit hypocritical to make it a race thing when half of the British media, celebrities and politicians are also paedophiles and rapists who run similar gangs. It is a serious problem of people in power to sexually abuse the vulnerable.
Reply 12
Because we might get labeled as racist.
They are, just like me and most of the Indian community are. Just like most of my black friends are, I'm sure most other communities are tbh. Most people are well aware of the situation, it's just they don't have any platform to share their views other then the internet and even then they get shouted down by tumblrettes and SJWs.

Are you sure? Back when the Rotherham incident(s) came to light lots of people in the public were outraged.

Besides I'm not sure what good outrage would do to the situation. If someone has broken the law then they should be punished regardless of their sex, race, religion, sexuality and/or ethnic background. It should be that simple. I don't get why outrage or frustration are necessary. What more do you want?
I have never seen a thread on TSR regarding the largest ongoing enquiry into child sex abuse claims. Can anyone name it? It isn't really worthy of much media attention because the perpetrators were white.

What happened in Rotherham was terrible and I can only wish suffering on those men. However there is nothing particularly unusual in their crimes. Britain has a long established culture of turning a blind eye to sexual abuse/rape.
because in this current culture, criticising anybody that is of a different skin colour is racism, pretty much
Reply 17
Original post by zippity.doodah
because in this current culture, criticising anybody that is of a different skin colour is racism, pretty much

I know.
That's hardly the case. There's plenty of outcry on foreign issues like those you speak of but you're isolating them in such a way that it's black or white.

Quite frankly, there are circumstances that british people are ignored a little more but there are on british people too, like maddy whatsername who got kidnapped in france or something.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending