The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by A.H.K
Thank you for taking the time out to answer. How would you go about distancing yourself from those who deviate you from the righteous path and in the long term stop you becoming a better person?

One could: hang around with others, start discussion on certain subjects of religion, etc.
Reply 7701
Original post by ash92:)
One could: hang around with others, start discussion on certain subjects of religion, etc.

Thanks Brother.
[video="youtube;VuEhP8Mx7mE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuEhP8Mx7mE[/video]
Original post by Incredible97
[video="youtube;Pcl-pHePCTQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pcl-pHePCTQ[/video]

Jazaakillahu khayran for sharing sis :cry:
Salaam guys, is it bid'ah to use prayer beads for tasbih?
Original post by Biryani007

http://islamqa.info/en/3009

dere u go sis

Afaik, there is a difference of opinion on this.

My opinion is irrelevant but

There's gonna be people that say it's bid'ah and those that say it's not. Both sides have plenty of evidence that they'll be happy to shove down your throat. Look at both sides and make a decision :smile:

P.S: Generally certain sects say different things, seems appropriate to go with the one you're in to avoid confusion (they'll have their evidence dw). If not in a sect then nvm lol
[video="youtube;sTQ9aYFrzYY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTQ9aYFrzYY[/video]

:frown:

may Allah curse the syrian regime and their supporters
Jazaakillahu khayran for sharing sis :cry:

Wa Antum Fa Jazaakmullahu Khayran :smile:
Original post by justforonegif

Original post by ash92:)
Afaik, there is a difference of opinion on this.

Original post by Carpe Diem Jay
My opinion is irrelevant butThere's gonna be people that say it's bid'ah and those that say it's not. Both sides have plenty of evidence that they'll be happy to shove down your throat. Look at both sides and make a decision :smile: P.S: Generally certain sects say different things, seems appropriate to go with the one you're in to avoid confusion (they'll have their evidence dw). If not in a sect then nvm lol

Is it best to avoid something that some say is bid'ah?
Thing is I find it difficult to keep count whilst trying to concentrate on what I'm saying and reflecting on it so I like using them as the counting's done for me...I'm making myself sound a bit dim but Idc :/
Thing is I find it difficult to keep count whilst trying to concentrate on what I'm saying and reflecting on it so I like using them as the counting's done for me...I'm making myself sound a bit dim but Idc :/

i would say yes :yes:

it is ok sister rice, you could use your fingers to count :yes:
Allah has perfect timing; never early, never late. It takes a little patience and faith, but it's worth the wait.
When you forget Allah he will put you in a situation where you will have to call upon him, for your own good.
Original post by justforonegif
i would say yes :yes:it is ok sister rice, you could use your fingers to count :yes:

Lol I only have 10 fingers...I'm talking big numbers here, I honestly cant keep track half the time...to give you an idea of how bad it is, I have a 500 bead one :/
Lol I only have 10 fingers...I'm talking big numbers here, I honestly cant keep track half the time...to give you an idea of how bad it is, I have a 500 bead one :/

u can split each finger into 3, triple the power :yes:

count ur things in 30s innit

If it helps you connect with your Lord, I really don't see the problem (unless the prophet explicitly forbade it).
Reply 7718
I'd be interested to know if those who say beads are biddah don't use counters either, and their rationale on the difference if they do use them.

It depends on whether it is outright condemned, and what the reasoning is. I'd just follow a view of a reliable shaykh. I am not personally averse to their use, but I don't use them anyway. I think, really, this sums up all that one needs to know:

islamqa
Al-Shaykh Muhammad ibn Salih al-‘Uthaymeen (al-Liqa al-Maftooh, 3/30) was asked whether using the masbahah for tasbeeh is bid’ah, and his reply was: “It is better not to do tasbeeh with the masbahah, but it is not bid’ah, because there is a basis for it, which is the fact that some of the Sahabah (Companions) did tasbeeh with pebbles. But the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) taught us that tasbeeh with the fingers is better, as he said, ‘Count with the fingertips, for they will be made to speak.’ Doing tasbeeh with the masbahah is not haram (impermissible) or bid’ah, but it is better not to do it, because the one who does tasbeeh with the masbahah has shunned something better. Using the masbahah may also be contaminated with some element of showing off, because we see some people carrying masbahahs that contain a thousand beads, as if they are telling people, ‘Look at me, I do a thousand tasbeehs!’ Secondly, those who use the masbahah for tasbeeh are usually absent-minded and not focused, so you see them doing tasbeeh with the beads, but their gaze is wandering all over the place, which indicates that they are not really concentrating. It is better to do tasbeeh with one’s fingers, preferably using the right hand rather than the left, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) used to count his tasbeeh on his right hand. If a person counts his tasbeeh using both hands, there is nothing wrong with that, but it is better to use the right hand only.”

Latest

Trending

Trending