The Student Room Group

WJEC English

is anyone else doing this GCSE this year?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by stormyy

Hi! I hope you are well :biggrin:
I'm taking AS Levels this year but I had GCSE WJEC English last year.
They marked everyone down for one of the exams (it differs)
I got a D in Reading and a B in Writing.

You've just gotta be careful with this one, no end of my year sent there papers back for remarking... I was one of them. Good Luck! :tongue:
Original post by stormyy

Hey I'm a year 11 studying WJEC GCSE English Literature & WJEC GCSE English Language. For Literature paper 1 I'm doing Of Mice And Men, and I'm doing paper 2a with An Inspector Calls for Q1 and Never Let Me Go (a not so popular one) for Q2.

I go to a Grammar school and still a LOT of candidate even in top set where all their coursework was graded at A* failed the English Language papers coming out with C's/D's last year. My school appealed the decision but WJEC denied it, the school are so annoyed they have changed the exam board for the year 10's and the year 9's will be doing the new GCSE's so they are currently in the process of teaching 3 different specifications so every teacher is teaching loads of different books for loads of different syllabuses and everything seems to be a bit overwhelming to be honest.

If anyone else does Never Let Me Go and has any resources on it i'd be really grateful since no company does any proper text guide (because it's not profitable).

Sam :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Yh im dong Wjec English, but seems to less popular exam board for English. Im doing Of Mice and Men(I love), Inspector Calls and Heroes (I hate). But i find my teacher is really generous in making mocks etc. I hate Reading and Writing because of the timings. I hope there isnt a report that is so boring to do
Reply 4
Original post by PrincessAisha
Yh im dong Wjec English, but seems to less popular exam board for English. Im doing Of Mice and Men(I love), Inspector Calls and Heroes (I hate). But i find my teacher is really generous in making mocks etc. I hate Reading and Writing because of the timings. I hope there isnt a report that is so boring to do

yeah same! im scared for english, as long as i pass language, im happy!
Original post by stormyy
yeah same! im scared for english, as long as i pass language, im happy!

Ik I got a C in my language CA and not happy, i want a B overall. Tbh im so good at literature but i need language and want to do better in language
Reply 6
Ik I got a C in my language CA and not happy, i want a B overall. Tbh im so good at literature but i need language and want to do better in language

Private message me please

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yep I'm doing Lang and lit
Reply 8
Original post by Justcoffeespoons
Yep I'm doing Lang and lit

How are you finding revision for it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Alright. Language needs hardly any revision and I've made some character profiles for heroes, othello and to kill a mockingbird. What about you
Reply 10
Original post by Justcoffeespoons
Alright. Language needs hardly any revision and I've made some character profiles for heroes, othello and to kill a mockingbird. What about you

im doing of mice and men, heroes, and an inspector calls, i want to revise language is more as that is like the most important gcse haha
Yeah I guess so. How did you do in your mocks.
Does any notes on poetry because I literally have no clue what i'm doing :|
I'm doing the exact same, but I don't know how to revise literature!! Or what/how many quotes to memorise

I'm doing the same ones too:smile:
Of mice and men is taking so much time to revise:/
Reply 15
Original post by jackmolineux
I'm doing the same ones too:smile:
Of mice and men is taking so much time to revise:/

Awake at 6 47!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by stormyy

Whut?? You were awake at 6:47? I woke up at 7:30 and actually got revising by 8:45... was well impressed with my self haha
Yeah, I'm doing this too! I'm studying Of Mice and Men for unit 1; Blood Brothers and Lord Of the Flies for unit 2b. c:
Need help plsss anyone?! :frown:
Reply 19
Original post by M0nkey Thunder
Yeah, I'm doing this too! I'm studying Of Mice and Men for unit 1; Blood Brothers and Lord Of the Flies for unit 2b. c:

How are you revising for Lord of the Flies?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending