The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Offer Holder (2015 Entry)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 800
Original post by thehistorybore
Does anyone know when accommodation applications open? (Firmed Warwick for History!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

End of May but there's no exact date released yet I believe :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 801
Original post by LumosNox
I'm considering it, but ensuite isn't going to be a particularly long lasting luxury so I'm wondering whether or not to bother. It might be wise to save money by choosing elsewhere, especially with this year's price hike. I'm thinking Westwood, to be honest...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you're right, I really wanted to go AV but tbh there's no justification with the price hike so might just try for Rootes
Guys, why does my track say I should reply to my offers by June 4th even though I received all offers before March 31st? Shouldn't it be May 6th?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by milkberries
Guys, why does my track say I should reply to my offers by June 4th even though I received all offers before March 31st? Shouldn't it be May 6th?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was it all decisions though? I.e. were you rejected/did you withdraw after 31st March?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 804
Original post by shann_ng
Rootes is my first choice too, don't know if I can cope with sharing a kitchen with 19 people though

Hmm same. But then again you'll all have lectures and stuff at different times so they'll never be all 19 at once, unless it was for pre drinks aha!
My friend who spent her first year there said it was the most amazing and hilarious experience though.
Original post by Dylann
Was it all decisions though? I.e. were you rejected/did you withdraw after 31st March?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, I received all decisions (including a rejection) before the 31st

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MoSalhi
My friend has recommended Jack Martin, who else is considering it too?

Hopefully my first choice! (if i can afford it)
Original post by thehistorybore
Does anyone know when accommodation applications open? (Firmed Warwick for History!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

It says on the website end of May :smile: I'm history too!
Looks like I'll be firming Warwick too :cool: I applied for BSc Chemistry and looking at Bluebell and Lakeside for accommodation :smile:
Reply 809
Original post by HappyCheesecake
Looks like I'll be firming Warwick too :cool: I applied for BSc Chemistry and looking at Bluebell and Lakeside for accommodation :smile:

Another chemistry person :biggrin: are you on the Warwick Facebook page because there are a couple of chemistry people on it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hmht
Another chemistry person :biggrin: are you on the Warwick Facebook page because there are a couple of chemistry people on it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha,yep :biggrin: I don't have Facebook, so I'm not on that page - hope to see you and the other chemists in October though :smile:
Reply 811
Original post by HappyCheesecake
Haha,yep :biggrin: I don't have Facebook, so I'm not on that page - hope to see you and the other chemists in October though :smile:

Oh right that's fair enough :smile: yes so do I :smile: can't wait to meet people who actually really like chemistry and want to do it in more detail like me :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hmht
Oh right that's fair enough :smile: yes so do I :smile: can't wait to meet people who actually really like chemistry and want to do it in more detail like me :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, it'll be great to meet those who are just as enthusiastic :biggrin: The best part is being able to drop Biology after A2 :laugh:
Original post by LJDRx
Hmm same. But then again you'll all have lectures and stuff at different times so they'll never be all 19 at once, unless it was for pre drinks aha!
My friend who spent her first year there said it was the most amazing and hilarious experience though.

Good point, but you can't help but notice some of the negativity Rootes gets online though. People either seem to love it or hate it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 814
Good point, but you can't help but notice some of the negativity Rootes gets online though. People either seem to love it or hate it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I reckon if you are up for drinking and having many late nights it seems fine haha! If not then absolutely no way.
Original post by x_Becky_x
It says on the website end of May :smile: I'm history too!

I've firmed Warwick for history, too! (:
Original post by LJDRx
I reckon if you are up for drinking and having many late nights it seems fine haha! If not then absolutely no way.

See that's what I'm a bit worried about. I'm not antisocial but drinking all the time isn't really my thing. Late nights wouldn't be too bad though to be honest, I s'pose if you wanted an early night there are always ear plugs... I'm so indecisive though, so I'm open to suggestion for a kind of middle ground between sociable and isolated... If such a thing exists?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 817
See that's what I'm a bit worried about. I'm not antisocial but drinking all the time isn't really my thing. Late nights wouldn't be too bad though to be honest, I s'pose if you wanted an early night there are always ear plugs... I'm so indecisive though, so I'm open to suggestion for a kind of middle ground between sociable and isolated... If such a thing exists?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah exactly! Hmm, maybe Tocil or Arthur Vick? They're not too isolated from everything so you're still close enough to the SU and main campus, but far enough away so they're definitely in a quieter position where the SU noise can't reach.
Original post by LJDRx
Yeah exactly! Hmm, maybe Tocil or Arthur Vick? They're not too isolated from everything so you're still close enough to the SU and main campus, but far enough away so they're definitely in a quieter position where the SU noise can't reach.

I like the idea of Tocil but with flat mates isn't it a bit of a gamble? You could be stuck in a flat with people you can't stand. AV is nice but it costs a lot of money now, otherwise it would have been my first choice I think. I still quite like it though. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aquilops
I've firmed Warwick for history, too! (:

Woo me too! Hope to see you all in September!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest