The Student Room Group

BBC - The Musketeers

Did anybody watch the last series? From what i read at the time it got mixed reviews but i really enjoyed it, and it was certainly better than that awful movie.

It's a shame that Capaldi won't be returning as the Cardinal in the upcoming series;

Spoiler

Series Two Trailer;

Spoiler

Good news though is that the new series will be on at the 9PM slot meaning the tone of the story will be able to change to accommodate post-watershed viewing.

Starts 9PM on BBC1 this Friday.
Love the Musketeers!!!!!
Is the show any good?

bbc is a hit and miss with such shows.. eg Merlin/ Atlantis
Reply 3
Original post by drewBusby
Is the show any good?

I haven't seen Merlin or Atlantis so i couldn't really compare, but series two has just wrapped up for The Musketeers and i thought it was above and beyond the first series. Maybe the change in time allowed for that (last series was Sunday 8pm, this series was Friday 9pm).

Personally i enjoy the show, and am glad they'll be returning for a third series.
Atlantis has been scrapped and it's highly likely that "The Musketeers" is returning for a 3rd series!!! :smile:
Is the show any good?

Whaaat.. Merlin was really good :frown: What didn't you like about it?

As for Atlantis I haven't watched it.. I still felt a bit sore from the ending of Merlin and wasn't ready to watch another series similar to Merlin lol

Before Merlin BBC had Robin Hood which was quite good as well. Their historical dramas are often really good imo. That being said they also have this new series Poldark which has started off exceptionally well and keeps getting better. Oh yeah about Musketeers I've only watched the first series never knew about the second but from the first series I watched the end of S1 I felt the pace picked up and it gained that momentum towards the end. But S2 has just finished.. I recommend you watch Poldark.

Original post by propagation
Atlantis has been scrapped and it's highly likely that "The Musketeers" is returning for a 3rd series!!! :smile:

Really Atlantis is scrapped..? I just saw a BBC advert for Atlantis today.
Original post by Samistrawberry
Whaaat.. Merlin was really good :frown: What didn't you like about it?

As for Atlantis I haven't watched it.. I still felt a bit sore from the ending of Merlin and wasn't ready to watch another series similar to Merlin lol

Before Merlin BBC had Robin Hood which was quite good as well. Their historical dramas are often really good imo. That being said they also have this new series Poldark which has started off exceptionally well and keeps getting better. Oh yeah about Musketeers I've only watched the first series never knew about the second but from the first series I watched the end of S1 I felt the pace picked up and it gained that momentum towards the end. But S2 has just finished.. I recommend you watch Poldark.

Really Atlantis is scrapped..? I just saw a BBC advert for Atlantis today.

hit/miss

Merlin was the hit
Atlantis was the miss
hit/miss

Merlin was the hit
Atlantis was the miss

Oh ahah.. I get it.

Yeah Atlantis' trailer felt very similar to Merlin.

Any series you watching now that you'd recommend :smile:
Original post by Samistrawberry
Oh ahah.. I get it.

Yeah Atlantis' trailer felt very similar to Merlin.

Any series you watching now that you'd recommend :smile:

ill list my fav tv shows in order

games of thrones

vikings (history channel) its like game of thrones

suits

the arrow

scandal

revenge

the flash

tomorrow people
I went into the show with such low expectations..

I enjoyed robin hood, as a teenager, but thought it was really weak as it went along..

Found merlin to be very imature

similar issues with atlantis, but it was just so family orientated and dull...

--

I thought musketeers would be the same.. but if i am not mistaken its a completly different team/writer/dirrector etc. and it is certinanly more 'serrious' for me.

Ok its still silly at times, but its the musketeers, what do you expect? but as a bit of light hearted telly, for a time when you juts want something to make you feel good, and be a bit exciting.. I think its been hard to beat recently.

Serries 2 was good - but capaldi was missed for me
Fantastic TV show, one of my favourites.

Quick Reply

Latest