The Student Room Group

Sixth Form Help!

I have recently been getting back acceptance letters from different sixth forms, and I was wondering if I could have some second opinions on the sixth form I can choose. I live in Chesham, Buckinghamshire, and have three options.

Chesham Grammar
Sir Henry Floyd
St. Clement Danes

Chesham Grammar has given me a conditional offer, and is incredibly near, thus easier to get too. It also has a fairly good reputation.

Sir Henry Floyd has an incredibly reputation, however, it seems to focus more on the International Baccalaureate, which I'm not particularly interested in. It has given me the option of taking four A-levels, however, it is also in Aylesbury, which will be hard to commute to.

St. Clement Danes has given me an unconditional offer, and is incredibly well-respected in terms of its work and focus on the arts. However, it is not a grammar school, it is the only one I haven't visited, and it is in Chorleywood, which will be extremely hard to travel to.

I am completely torn on this subject, and any help or advice (especially if you currently go to any of the schools mentioned) would be greatly appreciated!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Reply 2
I go to Chesham, what would you like to know?
Reply 3
Original post by Jwhitaker
I go to Chesham, what would you like to know?

Thanks for the response, I really wasn't expecting anyone.
What are the English and Humanities (namely History and Sociology) departments like?
What is the environment there like?
Is there anything that particularly stands out as being negative about the school? (Rather vague, I know)

That's all, I think. Thank you in advance!
tbh, I think you should go to the one that's easiest to get to. Provided they all do the subjects you want to do, there'll be no major difference between them.

Quick Reply

Latest