The Student Room Group

Psychology Applicants for 2015 Entry Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1200
Original post by Lynneee
Why say so??? Is it the course strutted doesn't attract u so much?? What's your other choices??

StA, Glasgow,Edinburgh, Durham

it has reputation, nothing else..
Anyway, find out the course you like the most and go straight to it! You have to spend your 3/4 years in a place that you like! XDD
Original post by taeht
not sure yet, but it is not likely..UCL did not convince me to go and I am not too idealistic about it also.

So I'm not the only one who won't choose UCL for psych? That's nice. You know, it really didn't convince me either, I don't like the course structure. And as far as reputation goes, I wouldn't count on it being that relevant or important.
But anyway, what uni are you leaning towards more then?
Hi! What are your guys opinions on Edinburgh vs Glasgow? I have offers from both but I don't know which one to firm. Thanks :smile:
St andrews or Durham for Bsc Psychology....which do you prefer
Original post by tsandhu2
St andrews or Durham for Bsc Psychology....which do you prefer

I would personally choose st. Andrews because I absolutely loved the look of it.
Dundee or aberdeen? :smile:
Original post by liliesarewhite
Hi! What are your guys opinions on Edinburgh vs Glasgow? I have offers from both but I don't know which one to firm. Thanks :smile:

What have you decided?
Got an offer from Bath for the five year Msci course. I was starting to worry I wouldn't get the offer as I don't meet the GCSE Maths grade required and to make matters worst there's about 15 places available. I'm so happy though and if it all works out I'll be attending there. Bham as my insurance as they offered me AAB.
Original post by Lautje96
What have you decided?

Haven't actually decided yet I'm still so torn :/.
Is anyone firming Kings or putting it down as their insurance? :biggrin:
Original post by beaverhausen
Got an offer from Bath for the five year Msci course. I was starting to worry I wouldn't get the offer as I don't meet the GCSE Maths grade required and to make matters worst there's about 15 places available. I'm so happy though and if it all works out I'll be attending there. Bham as my insurance as they offered me AAB.

Did they offer you a conditional with A in Maths?
Original post by tatt0barbie
Did they offer you a conditional with A in Maths?

No, they didn't mind that I didn't have an A in Maths. Which goes against everything the admissions team said, which is what got me so worried in the first place..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sarahelizabeth18
Have you guys firmed Birmingham then? I think I might... :biggrin:

Have you made a decision? I firmed Birmingham :smile:
Original post by beaverhausen
No, they didn't mind that I didn't have an A in Maths. Which goes against everything the admissions team said, which is what got me so worried in the first place..

Posted from TSR Mobile

They still want it from me. I'm tempted to call them to say I am not going to get it and what my options are. I did my GCSE's 10 years ago!!
I've got two offers to study at postgraduate level, one for Health Psychology at Aston and one for Sport Psychology at Stirling. Torn on the decision as both are good for employability, Stirling is cheaper but Health Psychology is a broader subject area/career path. Does anyone have experience of studying either health or sport as an MSc? In terms of career prospects I'm hoping just to go into research but I'm not going to do a PhD.
Original post by Bambooza
Is anyone firming Kings or putting it down as their insurance? :biggrin:

I put King's as my insurance, with UCL as firm :smile: you?
I'm so torn what to put as my insurance!

I've decided that I am going to firm Bath but I don't know whether to put Birmingham or Surrey down as my insurance. Birmingham is higher in the league tables and is a Russell Group, they want AAB whereas Surrey is 21ist in the league tables but I get a placement year with it. However the grades they want are higher, AAA. Also from looking at salaries 6 month after completing the course Surrey seems to be higher! Any ideas or opinions as to what I should do?
Original post by Naureena
I'm so torn what to put as my insurance!

I've decided that I am going to firm Bath but I don't know whether to put Birmingham or Surrey down as my insurance. Birmingham is higher in the league tables and is a Russell Group, they want AAB whereas Surrey is 21ist in the league tables but I get a placement year with it. However the grades they want are higher, AAA. Also from looking at salaries 6 month after completing the course Surrey seems to be higher! Any ideas or opinions as to what I should do?

Well which uni did you better?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tatt0barbie
They still want it from me. I'm tempted to call them to say I am not going to get it and what my options are. I did my GCSE's 10 years ago!!

Oh no! That's awful. It would be worth the shot to at least try

Quick Reply

Latest