The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff nursing accommodation!!

I received an offer to study mental health nursing at Cardiff uni this coming September and have put it as my firm! I was wondering what campus' are best for nursing students? Or what ones aren't too far? I've seen that Liberty house is on campus. Ive also looked at liberty Cambrian point, talybont north and talybont court?? Also how do you apply as on my ucas or cardiffs accommodation page I cannot find a link and how many residences do you apply for/rank your favourites as I understand you don't always gets into your first choice of accommodation?
Original post by ellieemegan
I received an offer to study mental health nursing at Cardiff uni this coming September and have put it as my firm! I was wondering what campus' are best for nursing students? Or what ones aren't too far? I've seen that Liberty house is on campus. Ive also looked at liberty Cambrian point, talybont north and talybont court?? Also how do you apply as on my ucas or cardiffs accommodation page I cannot find a link and how many residences do you apply for/rank your favourites as I understand you don't always gets into your first choice of accommodation?

hey, I've firmed radiography for radiography. Liberty house is basically on campus so it's only a 2 minute walk away but Talybont North is bigger and more sociable, but it's a 20 minute walk away. There's a link on the accommodation part of the Cardiff uni website somewhere, but it takes you into the Cardiff uni sims site, so if you can't find the link, go onto your sims account and you can apply through there. You have to put down 3 choices anyway so have a good look. You can also cancel at any point and put down different choices (there's a cut off date where you can no longer do this), but of you do change your mind after submitting your choices, you can always go back and change them :smile:
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by abbalarr95
hey, I've firmed radiography for radiography. Liberty house is basically on campus so it's only a 2 minute walk away but Talybont North is bigger and more sociable, but it's a 20 minute walk away. There's a link on the accommodation part of the Cardiff uni website somewhere, but it takes you into the Cardiff uni sims site, so if you can't find the link, go onto your sims account and you can apply through there. You have to put down 3 choices anyway so have a good look. You can also cancel at any point and put down different choices (there's a cut off date where you can no longer do this), but of you do change your mind after submitting your choices, you can always go back and change them :smile:

Hi for any advice on accommodation, please don't hesitate to ask me, as I have been a student at Cardiff Uni for 4 years now. Once you have firmed your accomodation choices and recieved your allocations. Facebook groups for the individual residences have already been set up so just join and meet your future housemates. (Search CardiffUniversity Halls on Facebook and a public post on all groups has been made, just find yours and join )
Original post by DaisyWorthington
Hi for any advice on accommodation, please don't hesitate to ask me, as I have been a student at Cardiff Uni for 4 years now. Once you have firmed your accomodation choices and recieved your allocations. Facebook groups for the individual residences have already been set up so just join and meet your future housemates. (Search CardiffUniversity Halls on Facebook and a public post on all groups has been made, just find yours and join )

I joined the accommodation groups you mentioned this morning:smile: When do you receive your room allocations? Is it once you get your grades/an unconditional offer or do they allocate them sooner?
Original post by abbalarr95
I joined the accommodation groups you mentioned this morning:smile: When do you receive your room allocations? Is it once you get your grades/an unconditional offer or do they allocate them sooner?

You normally get them, once Cardiff University firmed that you have met the criteria i.e. got the grades needed.
Don't Forget to join the Cardiff University Health Sciences 2015 Group on Facebook for all the Health Science students to receive upto date info on lectures, accomodation, coure info and course mates etc
Original post by DaisyWorthington
Don't Forget to join the Cardiff University Health Sciences 2015 Group on Facebook for all the Health Science students to receive upto date info on lectures, accomodation, coure info and course mates etc

Here is your link to join the group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CardiffUniversityHealthSciences/?fref=ts
Hi, im doing adult nursing too but when i applied for accomodation it only gave me the option of choosing liberty house or university halls.

Quick Reply

Latest