The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Shut didn't realise thus was the united thread...
Reply 6461
Original post by leinad2012

You should know that Man Utd is the centre of the world :biggrin:
Original post by samba
You should know that Man Utd is the centre of the world :biggrin:

Ok mate 4th place team in pl is normally the centre of the world :wink:

Reckon you'll get Bale in the summer, Madrid fans are some of the worst in football right now. Arsenal should put in a cheeky bid just for the bants.

Bring in Lloris too thus summer to put Spurs back in their back

Yeah that happens from time to time. I'm usually the culprit.

I apologise.
Reply 6464
Ok mate 4th place team in pl is normally the centre of the world :wink:

Reckon you'll get Bale in the summer, Madrid fans are some of the worst in football right now. Arsenal should put in a cheeky bid just for the bants.

Bring in Lloris too thus summer to put Spurs back in their back

Kinda ironic that comment. When's the last time you guys DIDN'T finish fourth :p:

I don't think we'll get Bale tbh, not unless Di Maria leaves or perez has to sacrifice him to the marca gods.

Don't think we'll lose DDG either tbh. Bet you're glad that you got sanchez instead of liverpool :biggrin:
Original post by jam277

I apologise.

It's alright I've done it once or twice on the United thread before we played them
Reply 6466
Original post by jam277

I apologise.

Can you give your input on my herrera comments first pls, ty!
Original post by samba
Kinda ironic that comment. When's the last time you guys DIDN'T finish fourth :p:

I don't think we'll get Bale tbh, not unless Di Maria leaves or perez has to sacrifice him to the marca gods.

Don't think we'll lose DDG either tbh. Bet you're glad that you got sanchez instead of liverpool :biggrin:

That was the point mate :wink:

I surprised Bale puts up with the **** Madrid fans give him, I get the feeling he only enjoys playing for Wales ATM.

I can see him going, Real can put in a stupid bid like £50mil and lure him there, it'll happen in the next few years.

And yeah definitely, I've not always been his biggest supporter on here, but all our big players showed up on Saturday and I think a lot of us Arsenal fans will feel that top 3 is a probability for the foreseeable future
Original post by samba

2012 :colondollar:
Original post by samba
Herrera is a very strange phenomenon at the moment; I'm tempted to say it's just form, but he [and Mata] seem extraordinarily happy at the moment in Manchester and under LVG, which is pretty surprising considering how he's treated them.

Herrera scored 12 goals in 5 years before this season. He's now scored 7 in 27 games. And he's literally scoring with his eyes closed for a couple of seconds before he shoots (no joke) - It's either a form thing, or LVG/Mata are working dark magic on him, I really have no idea. Tempted to say it's just form... But if it's not, it would be amazing for us. He's scored 7 in 1239 minutes (1/177), compared to say Costa who has 20 in 2468 (1/123.4) and Hazard (1/195) - He's also contributing and assisting. That sort of form just can't continue really.... Well, I hope it can.

Interesting. Yeah he's having a good season statistically can't really deny that.

Also turns out that all of his goals have come from when he played in Central Midfield in the league. So clearly his best position is as a CM in a midfield three. I dunno, I was advocating his signing last summer(not this one) under Moyes(along with a strong box to box midfielder), I think you have the creative element of your side in midfield sorted, now it's just the defensive side that needs to be sorted out. Again I don't believe Fellaini is the solution and he's extremely limited as a player. He gets props because he's physical but there's a good reason why he polarizes the fans opinion of him.

I felt that he'd have an important role to play though.
Original post by jam277

United have been in form lately but their defence is still shocking in terms of individual defenders and there's way too much rebuilding that needs to be done there(they need a CB, RB, winger). For all the love in of Ashley Young, the guy has a whopping 1 goal and 1 assist in 19 appearances, so clearly he can't be starting. Januzaj isn't ready.
]

Weak point here Jam.

Apart from Chelsea and Southampton we have the the 3rd best GA record (tied with city), which considering some of the make shift defensive changes we've had, is extremely good. Lets not forget during our worse injury period youngsters like Blackett came in and did a fair job.

I highlighted individual, because individuasl don't make up a good defence it takes a team effort, at the very least a strong partnership. Rojo and Smalling have a great partnership and they look reliable. Jones is ok but very injury prone, so I agree that a CB is needed, as is an RB as Raefel is injury prone too.

Once we had a stable defence established we've been very good at the back
Original post by diggy
Weak point here Jam.

Apart from Chelsea and Southampton we have the the 3rd best GA record (tied with city), which considering some of the make shift defensive changes we've had, is extremely good. Lets not forget during our worse injury period youngsters like Blackett came in and did a fair job.

You spend majority of the game for a good 4 months passing in between CBs so that helps you concede less chances on goal.

I highlighted individual, because individuasl don't make up a good defence it takes a team effort, at the very least a strong partnership. Rojo and Smalling have a great partnership and they look reliable. Jones is ok but very injury prone, so I agree that a CB is needed, as is an RB as Raefel is injury prone too.

Once we had a stable defence established we've been very good at the back

Yeah Rojo and Smalling is a good partnership.

I don't rate Jones at all dives in too much and his distribution is shocking. Smalling isn't great but he knows when to get forward and his time at RB has helped a little bit in getting a few passes going.

Would argue no defence in the premier league has been good this season besides Soton anyway. You're the best of a bad bunch rather than a good defence.
United won't get Bale. For all the **** he gets from the Madrid fanbase, I can't see him leaving unless they get Hazard or someone similar.
Cech
Smalling
Micah Richards (Srs. Can play multiple positions, helps with homegrown and when fit he's quality)
Khedira
Lacazette/Pedro

= BPL Champions 2015/2016
That **** Charlie Adam will nick the Puskas Award from Ramsey.

Please no.
Original post by midnightice
That **** Charlie Adam will nick the Puskas Award from Ramsey.

Please no.

Long rangers like Adams shot never win the puskas award do they?
Original post by Pete_91
Long rangers like Adams shot never win the puskas award do they?

Hmmm, good point. It's just that Adams' goal will definitely be nominated and is probably one of the best long-range goals ever.
Hmmm, good point. It's just that Adams' goal will definitely be nominated and is probably one of the best long-range goals ever.

Never rate those goals tbh, if the goalkeeper was actually - you know - in the damn goal then they'd all be saved.

what goal?
Original post by Pete_91
Never rate those goals tbh, if the goalkeeper was actually - you know - in the damn goal then they'd all be saved.

Yeah, nothing particularly unique about them either. I reckon Ramsey will score another belter soon.

Original post by al_94
what goal?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2utvOTINSw&spfreload=10
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest