The Student Room Group

Things which make you very angry while driving

Scroll to see replies

People who don't indicate... Especially at roundabouts!!!!
I used to have an 03' VW Polo, and what made me angry was people driving up my arse trying to push me along when I'm doing bang on the speed limit.

Now I have a new car with cruise control and absolutely love it. I love the fact that no matter how close they are to my car I will maintain the exact speed I am doing along the road, and it even makes them angrier! :biggrin: happy days
-People who do not indicate. Do they think their car came with these pretty orange flashy lights on the side just for show? BECAUSE THEY DON'T BLOODY USE THEM.

-People who drive painfully slow and speed up whenever they feel like it. for example: Driving on a 40mph road. The car infront of me is doing 30mph. Okay, so they're being cautious. Fair enough. Gets to the part where it goes down to 30mph again, THEY SPEED UP AND DO 50mph AND OFF THEY GO INTO THE SUNSET WHILE IM HERE ABIDING BY THE LAW!!

-People who are waiting to pull out from a junction, or to join a roundabout. They see you coming and just think, WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG, and pull out right infront of you. WELL HELLO, WELCOME TO THE ROAD.

-People who don't know the national speed limit. DO YOUR THEORY AGAIN!

-People who go in the fast lane on dual carriageways, at traffic lights etc, or are just generally overtaking in the faster lane, and leave it too late and have to CUT YOU UP RIGHT INFRONT OF YOU AND YOU HAVE TO BRAKE TO PREVENT ACCIDENTS!!

-People who overtake you, when you're doing the correct speed, just because they can. And they end up having to stop at traffic lights 100yds ahead anyway. WELL YOU GOT FAR DIDN'T YOU MATE!?

Holy hell as you can tell I'm a very emotional/verging on roadrage kind of driver.
Original post by rachaelftw

Holy hell as you can tell I'm a very emotional/verging on roadrage kind of driver.

Nothing wrong with roadrage if there's a legitimate reason for it. A lot of the things you (and others) have mentioned can cause accidents. Like not indicating on roundabouts, tailgating, overtaking someone doing the speed limit and just overall being an aggressive driver. I've seen lots of idiots on the road and I've only been driving since August.
Tailgating when you're doing the speed limit. I am not going to speed, it's simply not worth the fines/increased insurance premiums for being caught going an extra 5 miles an hour faster and getting somewhere pretty much no quicker.
Reply 85
People who overtake in the left lane (which is illegal) even though you're going the speed limit 😡

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tail gaters. They make me so angry.
Original post by rachaelftw
-People who do not indicate. Do they think their car came with these pretty orange flashy lights on the side just for show? BECAUSE THEY DON'T BLOODY USE THEM.

-People who drive painfully slow and speed up whenever they feel like it. for example: Driving on a 40mph road. The car infront of me is doing 30mph. Okay, so they're being cautious. Fair enough. Gets to the part where it goes down to 30mph again, THEY SPEED UP AND DO 50mph AND OFF THEY GO INTO THE SUNSET WHILE IM HERE ABIDING BY THE LAW!!

-People who are waiting to pull out from a junction, or to join a roundabout. They see you coming and just think, WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG, and pull out right infront of you. WELL HELLO, WELCOME TO THE ROAD.

-People who don't know the national speed limit. DO YOUR THEORY AGAIN!

-People who go in the fast lane on dual carriageways, at traffic lights etc, or are just generally overtaking in the faster lane, and leave it too late and have to CUT YOU UP RIGHT INFRONT OF YOU AND YOU HAVE TO BRAKE TO PREVENT ACCIDENTS!!

-People who overtake you, when you're doing the correct speed, just because they can. And they end up having to stop at traffic lights 100yds ahead anyway. WELL YOU GOT FAR DIDN'T YOU MATE!?

Agree with most, but the National Speed Limit sign does not mean you have to drive at 60/70. There are little country roads by me which are the NSL, and if you do more than 45 you're putting yourself, and other drivers at risk. Especially because horse riders/ dog walkers tend to use country roads. I never for the life of me understand why such country roads are NSL, when anyone with sense does much less.

And then there's a busy single carriageway near me which goes from a 60 speed limit to a 30 for an unfathomable reason. And if I stuck to the speed limit in this case I would be going against the flow of traffic so much that it would cause issues. It's not a residential area, there's never any pedestrians, I don't get it.
Original post by Twinpeaks
Agree with most, but the National Speed Limit sign does not mean you have to drive at 60/70. There are little country roads by me which are the NSL, and if you do more than 45 you're putting yourself, and other drivers at risk. Especially because horse riders/ dog walkers tend to use country roads. I never for the life of me understand why such country roads are NSL, when anyone with sense does much less.

Agree 100%.
Tail gaters. They make me so angry.

I used to get quite mad cause of them, but I've reached a point where I no longer give a damn.

I never speed up, never slow down, I keep going at my own pace. They almost always overtake at the earliest opportunity, and then tada, problem solved!

Yeah we have lots of roads like that near me, too. I understand on them as like you said, it'd be pretty dangerous. I think they put them as that because they can't monitor the speeds people do on them, so put them as that, then people have the choice of what safe speed to drive at, basically. To clear my point up though, I was meaning that we have a really long dual carriageway coming pretty much all the way from the motorway to our town, and it's NSL all the way. No pavements for pedestrians or anything, just cars, and it's a long stretch of road with a couple of roundabouts along it, and people insist on doing 40mph with a great line of traffic behind them, and a clear road ahead of them. Just frustrates me a little :rolleyes:
My list is endless, so I'll just give a few:

- Cars that drive slower than lorries on the motorway is another one. There's just no need for it.

- No indicators on roundabouts

- Lorries that indicate on the motorway and then move over without even checking if anyone is there. Look in your mirrors for gods sake.

- Cars that overtake and nearly take off the front of my car. Please leave a gap before breaking the speed limit!

Posted from TSR Mobile
- One of my biggest hates on the road is people who'll recklessly pull out in front of you when you're on a main road and going the speed limit and they then drive 10-20mph slower than you had been going.

- I also hate when people start pulling out in front of you, they realise they shouldn't have and they stop, but they're blocking half your side of the road by that stage so you have to stop to let them out anyway.

- People who slow down/stop on main roads to let lorries/vans/buses or tractors pull out in front of them. I don't mind this if traffic is stop/start but there's no need for it otherwise.

- People that block my way onto the roundabout when they're trying to take the exit to my left in traffic and I'm looking to turn right. Same with junctions.

- People that go really slow round bends but then speed way up when it's safe to overtake.

- Car drivers that choose to drive at 50mph or slower in a 60mph zone.

- People that don't turn their indicators off after finishing their turn, or they indicate too late so you miss a good opportunity to go.

- People that slam on the brakes coming up to an amber light.

- People that don't move over on country roads when they're on your side.

I get so angry driving sometimes :tongue:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
People who drive along the the left/right lane on a dual carriageway because that lane is going faster than the other and then expect to be let into your lane at the last minute right before their turn. No ****bag, people are queuing in that lane for a reason.

And of course the people doing 40 on a 60 road are a daily occurrence. They have a long open road in front of them and a train of about 10 cars behind them. There should be a law where if there's more than 3 cars behind you and you're blocking them due to being too slow then you have to pull over to let them past.
Original post by Adipoptosis
My number one thing has to be...

People with crappy cars driving at 70 mph dead on in the fast lane on the M40.

I'm a learner driver, but I'm already seeing bad habits that people have. Impatience is one of them. I can't stand tailgating, it's really dangerous especially behind me as a learner. I could stop at any time and then I'd have a car in the backend of my car! Also people changing lanes last minute when it isn't really safe to do so!

Posted from TSR Mobile
When your on the motorway in some kind of backed up, slow moving traffic and you have those idiots who attempt to fly down another lane in the belief that they can just cut in the queue just before the turn off.

I wont be letting you in.
I actually quite like people who tailgate. Keeps me entertained annoying them.
Delivery van drivers who think they're the best drivers ever and so get very complacent and act like they're the kings of driving. This includes using their phones, tailgating and pulling out on you whilst giving a wave as if to say "Thanks for giving way to me". Bellends.

Oh, and motorcyclists filtering. Dangerous, no need for it. Wait in line like the rest of us you impatient penis.
Original post by WoodyMKC
Delivery van drivers who think they're the best drivers ever and so get very complacent and act like they're the kings of driving. This includes using their phones, tailgating and pulling out on you whilst giving a wave as if to say "Thanks for giving way to me". Bellends.

Oh, and motorcyclists filtering. Dangerous, no need for it. Wait in line like the rest of us you impatient penis.

Motorcyclists are allowed to filter. One of the reasons for getting a motorbike is to reduce time spent in traffic. Do you get annoyed because you're in traffic and they're overtaking you? Or because they're actually disrupting your driving?
Original post by bwabwa
People who overtake in the left lane (which is illegal) even though you're going the speed limit 😡

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why should anyone need to undertake you if you are in the right hand lane? If you're in the right hand lane you should be overtaking, not spending so long there that someone has the chance to undertake.

On that note....people who hog the right hand lane. :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending