The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by midnightice
That **** Charlie Adam will nick the Puskas Award from Ramsey.

Please no.

Which ramsey goal are you talking about? The one against Galatasaray?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dr. Django
Cech
Smalling
Micah Richards (Srs. Can play multiple positions, helps with homegrown and when fit he's quality)
Khedira
Lacazette/Pedro

= BPL Champions 2015/2016

He's going nowhere. A new contract will be agreed at the end of the season.
Amazing how quickly Smalling's stock has risen. I've rated him, but I think he's on the cusp of being over rated tbh.
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Which ramsey goal are you talking about? The one against Galatasaray?

Posted from TSR Mobile

:coma:
Original post by midnightice

:coma:

Smalling has home grown status helping him, but tbh CB will be a hotly contested position that United would be stupid to sell. Chelsea need a new CB or 2, United need one and City probably need 2 based on the fact that Nastatic is going and Demicheles is 34, we need 1, Liverpool need a whole new back 4 from the looks of it...

Having Jenk back will lower own home grown requirement so I can see him staying next sesason, adding a young squad player like Crowley will help it meaning we'll only really need one or two more spaced over 4 years.
Original post by Fizzel
Amazing how quickly Smalling's stock has risen. I've rated him, but I think he's on the cusp of being over rated tbh.

Always suspected that once he got a run of games in his preferred position he'd start to show what he was capable of. It's quite widely accepted amongst our fans that he's our best CB now whereas at the start of the season nobody could seperate him, Jones and Evans.

I'm glad that opposition fans are starting to rate him instead of the ''lol Smalling is ****'' rubbish you see on the LAD bible.
Lol Adam's goal is nowhere near as good as Ramsey's. Powerful kick on target, bad goalkeeping, and a bit of luck, and it's in. Ramsey's was perfectly controlled, the technique was incredible, and generally people look more favourably on volleys/half-volleys in a crowded area to the top corner.
Original post by Arkasia
Lol Adam's goal is nowhere near as good as Ramsey's. Powerful kick on target, bad goalkeeping, and a bit of luck, and it's in. Ramsey's was perfectly controlled, the technique was incredible, and generally people look more favourably on volleys/half-volleys in a crowded area to the top corner.

What about Rooney's goal on Saturday or Zamora's goal?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ProNoob
What about Rooney's goal on Saturday or Zamora's goal?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Rooney's was brilliant technique, but not something absolutely unbelievable. Zamora's has a fair shout at being the best, although you could make the argument that the goalie was off his line/Zamora's was only from the edge of the box (hardly like Crouch's from the same position).
Original post by sr90
Always suspected that once he got a run of games in his preferred position he'd start to show what he was capable of. It's quite widely accepted amongst our fans that he's our best CB now whereas at the start of the season nobody could seperate him, Jones and Evans.

I'm glad that opposition fans are starting to rate him instead of the ''lol Smalling is ****'' rubbish you see on the LAD bible.

Since when does anyone take LADbible seriously? All of those 12 year olds who comment get all of their knowledge from FIFA.
Tbh we should look to invest in a quality leftback like Maxwell/Bonucci/Siqueira. Can't really see Monreal making it past next season and Gibbs, well Gibbs being young has potential but I would always prefer a player who is a finished article as opposed to a developing product.

Also speaking of Atletico, I heard Wenger might be interested in Mario Suarez (DM) for Atletico, what do you make of him? I really like him tbh, not a bad signing for 9 odd mil. However if anyone from Atletico was to come to Arsenal, I would always prefer the likes of Griezmann/Godin/Juanfran.
(edited 9 years ago)
Funny because I see LB as probably the last position where we need a new player, other than maybe rb if Jenk stays next season.
we just need an anchor man and a finisher. Giroud is an exceptional plan b to have. Everywhere else is covered
I have to say I'm pretty pissed off that we sold Benik Afobe in January, no need to do it and the guy is on fire atm.

28 goals and 9 assists 45 games including 6 in 4 in LC and 3 in 2 in FA Cup. Scoring rate of 1 goal per 113 minutes. Really think he could have been one for the future and definitely one of the big prospects in the Championship right now
Original post by ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
we just need an anchor man and a finisher. Giroud is an exceptional plan b to have. Everywhere else is covered

Until Coquelin or Kosc get injured (or Coq dips in form) then we're back to a average starting XI again :rolleyes:
Original post by ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's not a finisher we need as giroud is your typical finisher. We need a player who can take the ball, dribble past players, make great runs, pick a pass, make his own chances and dig us out of **** when we're in trouble. This obviously describes a player like Suarez lol. I've never been one of Girouds biggest fans but I have to give credit where its due and he has improved a lot.
Palace 1-0 up! We are second!
City 1-0 down!! Buzzing at the thought of 2nd
Original post by Stefano93
Tbh we should look to invest in a quality leftback like Maxwell/Bonucci/Siqueira. Can't really see Monreal making it past next season and Gibbs, well Gibbs being young has potential but I would always prefer a player who is a finished article as opposed to a developing product.

Also speaking of Atletico, I heard Wenger might be interested in Mario Suarez (DM) for Atletico, what do you make of him? I really like him tbh, not a bad signing for 9 odd mil. However if anyone from Atletico was to come to Arsenal, I would always prefer the likes of Griezmann/Godin/Juanfran.

Monreal has been brilliant, LB wise we don't need to worry hopefully we can pinch a Bellerin like player from Barca.
I heard we are close to signing Maxi Romero ST watch a video of him and he looks the real deal at 16, I reckon we can rely on Youth to shine by the time Giroud becomes useless (Akpom).
As long as Giroud link up play creates chances for our goal scorers (Walcott/Sanchez) then he will be our first choice and Welbeck will improved! just like Giroud has and Walcott will find form again.

Doubt we will sign any First team strikers, Walcott will sign his deal to end any sterling/reus specalation.
With Gabriel there will be no more CB unless Mertesacker decides to leave then Wenger must replace him with a Top CB (Varane/Hummels)

Only position that needs strengthening is CDM incase Coquelin gets injured so get rid of Diaby and Flamini then buy Schneiderlin he is looking good for france and can play incase Rambo gets injured too.

Wenger will give Szczersny one last chance to prove himself.

---------------Giroud
Sanchez Ramsey Ozil Chamberlain
------------Coquelin
Monreal Koscielny Gabriel Debuchy
--------------Szczersny

--------------------Welbeck
Wellington Silva Wilshere Cazorla Walcott
-------------Schneiderlin
Gibbs Mertesacker Chambers Bellerin
---------------Ospina

Re: Akpom,Rosicky,Arteta,Gnabry,Zelalem,Hayden,Martinez

If we can carry on the form we have no next season we can really challenge for the quadrouple.

Latest