The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

PLAYOFFFS SAY WHAT!

Original post by TornadoGR4
Rant inbound.

We scored 3 goals at Molineux and still didn't claim a single point. 2 goals of ours were a gift & one was just Alex Mowatt showing why he's too good for us. I'm getting sick of Leeds being dogged by off the pitch headlines. Money grabbing owners, dodgy dealings, stupid contract situations. It's been 10 seasons since we were relegated & the closest we got was a Championship play off final 9 seasons ago. Ken Bates, GFH, Massimo Cellino, who next? Red Bull? Doubt it. If they come in & rebrand this club with so much heritage & history then I & any decent Leeds fan will be out. We've stuck with this proud club through thick and thin, and the last 10 years have been awful. Every season I feel optimistic we can launch a promotion push. This year will be our year, but it's just lower mid table solidarity. Looking over out shoulders and working out when we're mathematically safe from relegation rather than how far away we are from promotion.

Unless yet more owners come in before the new season, whether it be Red Bull or whoever, we are going nowhere. The squad are full of 2nd division & Serie B players and they're just not good enough for promotion. Not a single squad player of ours would get into any Premier League match day squad. We're littered with dross & deadweight & it's going to take more than a few seasons to be a credible team that can make a serious promotion push and hold our own against top opposition. Leeds United. Where are we now?

Phew for that! If we hadn't have won that it would have been the biggest 2 points dropped ever!
Original post by hskjlclcn
PLAYOFFFS SAY WHAT!

Phew for that! If we hadn't have won that it would have been the biggest 2 points dropped ever!

Fair play to Wolves, they looked so dangerous on the attack. Dicko is a complete player. Molineux was absolutely rocking too & it's a fitting tribute to the Wolves fan that died on the plane that crashed in the alps.

These is such a close season. The top 4 battling for two places & the next 4 battling for two places. Unfortunate for the two that miss out.
Fair play to Wolves, they looked so dangerous on the attack. Dicko is a complete player. Molineux was absolutely rocking too & it's a fitting tribute to the Wolves fan that died on the plane that crashed in the alps.

These is such a close season. The top 4 battling for two places & the next 4 battling for two places. Unfortunate for the two that miss out.

Yeah fair play to your lot too, I think the fans were also remembering the 2 that died in Turkey am I right? Your team battled well considering you have nothing to play for, but we conceded some ridiculous goals. Dicko has been playing as well as anybody for at least a month now, but hasn't been getting the credit because Bakary and Afobe have been doing their thing.

Yeah very harsh on 7th & 8th, still think it'll be Ipswich and one more who miss out.
Original post by hskjlclcn
Yeah fair play to your lot too, I think the fans were also remembering the 2 that died in Turkey am I right? Your team battled well considering you have nothing to play for, but we conceded some ridiculous goals. Dicko has been playing as well as anybody for at least a month now, but hasn't been getting the credit because Bakary and Afobe have been doing their thing.

Yeah very harsh on 7th & 8th, still think it'll be Ipswich and one more who miss out.

Yeah, 15 years yesterday since the incident. Galatasaray player Wesley Sneijder got in a bit of bother for tweeting a photo of knives yesterday before deleting it & apologising. But it was a genuine mistake I feel.

I hope Derby miss out. I want Brentford in the playoffs so much.
Rant inbound.

We scored 3 goals at Molineux and still didn't claim a single point. 2 goals of ours were a gift & one was just Alex Mowatt showing why he's too good for us. I'm getting sick of Leeds being dogged by off the pitch headlines. Money grabbing owners, dodgy dealings, stupid contract situations. It's been 10 seasons since we were relegated & the closest we got was a Championship play off final 9 seasons ago. Ken Bates, GFH, Massimo Cellino, who next? Red Bull? Doubt it. If they come in & rebrand this club with so much heritage & history then I & any decent Leeds fan will be out. We've stuck with this proud club through thick and thin, and the last 10 years have been awful. Every season I feel optimistic we can launch a promotion push. This year will be our year, but it's just lower mid table solidarity. Looking over out shoulders and working out when we're mathematically safe from relegation rather than how far away we are from promotion.

Unless yet more owners come in before the new season, whether it be Red Bull or whoever, we are going nowhere. The squad are full of 2nd division & Serie B players and they're just not good enough for promotion. Not a single squad player of ours would get into any Premier League match day squad. We're littered with dross & deadweight & it's going to take more than a few seasons to be a credible team that can make a serious promotion push and hold our own against top opposition. Leeds United. Where are we now?

All I can say to you is that it could be a lot, lot worse.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Huge victory for Bolton today, by the way. Great away result after quite a disappointing run for them. Boro were unfortunate, but Bournemouth and Watford are looking like favourites for automatic promotion. Good for them.
Original post by Mackay
Huge victory for Bolton today, by the way. Great away result after quite a disappointing run for them. Boro were unfortunate, but Bournemouth and Watford are looking like favourites for automatic promotion. Good for them.

Boro are looking like they might miss out on the top two, amazing how it changes. I still have (probably flawed) faith in Norwich to get it, I'm a season ticket holder and we've been playing better than I can remember for a while, including our premier stint. Am I the only one who thinks that Bournemouth, should they go up, will get absoultely crushed in the Prem?..
Original post by Mackay

We always play well against Cardiff for some reason :-S Gudjohnson has had an amazing 10 days. Fathering a child, scoring for Iceland and then 2 for us!
It would be great to see a team like Bournemouth in the Premier League and Callum Wilson deserves to be there. Can't believe we only sold him for 4 million!!!!!!
Glad Malky's been shown the door at the DW. Good riddance.
Can't see Wigan staying up. I reckon Millwall will be relegated to.
Gary Caldwell hahahahahahah. Saying that they're going to get their first home win since 1986 against us I can tell..
Well that's pretty much Bristol City promoted - good game on Sky against Swindon, beat them 3-0 . I'd say Sheffield United have all but secured a play off place, so 6th is between Chesterfield, Rochdale, Fleetwood, Bradford and to a lesser extent Barnsley and Peterborough. Too tight to call.
Another comfortable win for MK - 6 games to go and only 5 points off Preston (and with a better goal difference)...
Original post by alex_hk90
Another comfortable win for MK - 6 games to go and only 5 points off Preston (and with a better goal difference)...

I still get the feeling that we'll have played you 6 times by the end of the season... :wink:
Yeah, I caught the Bristol/Swindon game. Swindon had a lot more of the ball but Bristol are so clinical at finishing chances. 3-0 tonight doesn't do justice for Swindon's performance, but that's why Bristol are at the top of the league.

I'll gladly welcome them back to the Championship
Original post by joddcfc
I still get the feeling that we'll have played you 6 times by the end of the season... :wink:

I hope not - we have a terrible record in the playoffs and against you this season as well. :sadnod:
Original post by alex_hk90
I hope not - we have a terrible record in the playoffs and against you this season as well. :sadnod:

It would be just our luck that after 3 wins in 4 this season, we lose in the two most important games though
Original post by joddcfc
Well that's pretty much Bristol City promoted - good game on Sky against Swindon, beat them 3-0 . I'd say Sheffield United have all but secured a play off place, so 6th is between Chesterfield, Rochdale, Fleetwood, Bradford and to a lesser extent Barnsley and Peterborough. Too tight to call.

With all respect, the quality of this division could not be better summarised than by the list of teams competing for 6th.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midlander
With all respect, the quality of this division could not be better summarised than by the list of teams competing for 6th.

Posted from TSR Mobile

In League One, you don't have to be good. You just have to be not as **** as anybody else.

Quick Reply

Latest