The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lolstudent
Anyone heard from Gibson Dunn or Faegre?

Still waiting on GDC...
Original post by student652
Yeah! Me too I applied as soon as the application was open! Keep me posted if you hear anything!! Fingers crossed!!! 🙌

Will do, you too :smile:
Reply 5042
Anyone got a DWF assessment centre soon? Any tips?
Does anyone know if Slaughter and May offer TC interviews to their vacation scheme students?
Still no shoosmiths news?
Original post by Fly away very quickly
Does anyone know if Slaughter and May offer TC interviews to their vacation scheme students?

They don't

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guess I'm gonna have to go around handing in my CV to small local solicitors in the hopes that they'll let me shadow them for a week or two! How do you generally go about this? I was just thinking of going in in person with a copy of my CV and a cover letter explaining that I was looking for work shadowing etc, don't know how formally I should treat it though, because I doubt I need to go in depth why I want to shadow there and why they should choose me etc if it's just a small local one!
Original post by Fly away very quickly

nope
Reply 5048
Original post by Sian.
Anyone got a DWF assessment centre soon? Any tips?

I have one on the 16th in london when is yours?
Reply 5049
Is anyone attending Lewis Silkin's 2 day workshop at the end of this month? Just wondering where people are staying over the 2 days?
How often do VS result in a TC? I've read a lot of people who have had multiple VSs, which I am wondering if it i is a result of them not being offered a TC because the firm do not necessarily recruit from the VS, or because they did not impress.

Additionally, those firms that do offer TC after a VS, do you often have to apply separately.

I am asking because I have two VS this summer, one in June, one at the end of July but I am going abroad for a year in early August - I therefore won't have time to apply separately for a TC after them :/.
Original post by LawStudentLLM
How often do VS result in a TC? I've read a lot of people who have had multiple VSs, which I am wondering if it i is a result of them not being offered a TC because the firm do not necessarily recruit from the VS, or because they did not impress.

Additionally, those firms that do offer TC after a VS, do you often have to apply separately.

I am asking because I have two VS this summer, one in June, one at the end of July but I am going abroad for a year in early August - I therefore won't have time to apply separately for a TC after them :/.

Most of the TC application deadlines are July 31. So personally I would apply for them before you attend your VS's.
Anyone still waiting on Eversheds?
Original post by Moore39
Anyone still waiting on Eversheds?

Yes! I called graduate recruitment and the answering machine said the main recruiter was out of office until April 10th. Hope we hear before then though
Reply 5054
Hey guys, anyone got a place on the Winckworth Sherwood scheme?
Cooley judgement day...
Reply 5056
Anyone heard from BLP post-AC? (Been 2 weeks now)
Original post by GK123
Anyone heard from BLP post-AC? (Been 2 weeks now)

The last AC was on the 2nd so should expect to hear back this week some time
Anyone heard back from Michelmores? It's been a while and I haven't heard anything either way!
Telephone interview with Wansbroughs today, so fingers crossed for that!
Application submitted for Ashfords today..
Reply 5059
Original post by CountryBumpkin14
Anyone heard back from Michelmores? It's been a while and I haven't heard anything either way!
Telephone interview with Wansbroughs today, so fingers crossed for that!
Application submitted for Ashfords today..

Did you apply for the vac scheme for michelmores? I applied for bristol TC and had my AC/interview on 27th March- hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending