The Student Room Group

What AS Level grades are you aiming for?

Just interested in what grades you're hoping to get in the Summer for everyone doing AS or A Level, and whether you think you'll achieve them :smile:

I might as well do mine:

WJEC AS English Literature - B - should get this
WJEC AS German - B - hopefully, though I've only studied german for 2 years
AQA AS Government and Politics - A - just missed it in the mock with minimal revision, so fingers crossed!
Edexcel AS History - A - a bit of a long shot, but why not aim high?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by AdAbsurdum
Just interested in what grades you're hoping to get in the Summer for everyone doing AS or A Level, and whether you think you'll achieve them :smile:

I might as well do mine:

AQA AS Government and Politics - A - just missed it in the mock with minimal revision, so fingers crossed!

A in Chemistry
A in Maths
A in Biology
B in French but I'm dropping it

Obviously I'd rather have AAAA but I can't do French 😢.
Reply 2

I might as well do mine:

B in Biology though I doubt I'll get that haha
A in English Lit
A in History
A in Geography

It would be nice to get those grades but I'm going to have to revise to get them and all I've been doing is procrastinating hahahah
Reply 3
Original post by azzax
B in Biology though I doubt I'll get that haha
A in English Lit
A in History
A in Geography

It would be nice to get those grades but I'm going to have to revise to get them and all I've been doing is procrastinating hahahah

Can relate absolutely to this, same story for me, though I've done a bit for English. It was the same at GCSE and I have no idea why I'm letting it happen again...
Reply 4
Can relate absolutely to this, same story for me, though I've done a bit for English. It was the same at GCSE and I have no idea why I'm letting it happen again...

Same i didn't revise at all for GCSEs and now i know i need to revise but everytime i think about it, i get 100% demotivated to do any

Posted from TSR Mobile
AQA Psychology - A
Edexcel Biology - A
Edexcel Maths - A
AQA Chemistry - B
All as levels btw!
AS chemistry is the devil's work -.- I need to start doing hardcore revision asap but it's so hard not to procrastinate :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by azzax
Same i didn't revise at all for GCSEs and now i know i need to revise but everytime i think about it, i get 100% demotivated to do any

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is me, completely! The jump from gcse was such a shock for me haha especially seeing as I did minimal revision for gcses and got good grades

Posted from TSR Mobile
Greek B
English A
Music A
Ancient History B
Realistically I'll fail everything if I don't start revising properly:tongue:
Sociology - A
Psychology - B
History - B
IT - A
OCR Biology A
OCR Cheistry A
AQA Psychology A
OCR Re C

I cannot write essays! Hate it.
Reply 10
Original post by fluzzles98
This is me, completely! The jump from gcse was such a shock for me haha especially seeing as I did minimal revision for gcses and got good grades

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same!! I was able to keep up with my revision notes since I like to be organised but revision is a like a new thing for me :O I'm learning how to revise as I go along and its not working because procrastinating hahah
Original post by azzax
Same!! I was able to keep up with my revision notes since I like to be organised but revision is a like a new thing for me :O I'm learning how to revise as I go along and its not working because procrastinating hahah

Haha yes same! I have loads of notes perfect for revision but my revision techniques are just not up to scratch D: I spend more time thinking about how I should revise than actually revising haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Haha yes same! I have loads of notes perfect for revision but my revision techniques are just not up to scratch D: I spend more time thinking about how I should revise than actually revising haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel you! I do the same! The only subject I know how to revise for is geography! I just do pass papers and get my teacher to mark them hahaha
OCR Computing - A
Edexcel Maths - A
AQA Physics - A
Edexcel Further Maths - A/B/C (I don't have a clue how it's going to go)
WJEC French A (wouldnt mind a B at all tbh)
Edexcel Biology A
Edexcel Arabic A
Edexcel Chemistry B
Edexcel Maths B (need to put alot of effort in though)
Original post by azzax
I feel you! I do the same! The only subject I know how to revise for is geography! I just do pass papers and get my teacher to mark them hahaha

Ohh that's the same for me and maths hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Ohh that's the same for me and maths hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

hahah lol its much easier to revise for subjects where you can do pass papers :') I should do that for bio but application questions are too hard and I don't understand them at all :frown:
Psychology - A
Biology - B
History - A
Maths - A

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by azzax
hahah lol its much easier to revise for subjects where you can do pass papers :') I should do that for bio but application questions are too hard and I don't understand them at all :frown:

Yeah haha xD and yeah that's true, there's too much detail to do just past papers for biology :x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Yeah haha xD and yeah that's true, there's too much detail to do just past papers for biology :x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah and reading the notes don't help either. It's just so boring

Quick Reply

Latest