The Student Room Group

AQA English Literature June 2015 Predictions

Is anyone else here doing the GCSE AQA English Literature Unit 1 (18/05/15) and Unit 2 (22/05/15) exam?

I study An Inspector Calls for Section A and Of Mice and Men for Section B of the Unit 1 Exam. Does anyone have any predictions for both of the sections (like what characters are likely to come up)?

For Potery (Unit 2) I study Relationships Potery. I have feeling that it could be To His Coy Mistress.

Also does anyone know what poems and characters for AIC and OMAM came up for the June 2014 paper? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I predict for the aqa 2015 june gcse paper :

An Inspector calls will be about Gerald croft of Mr Birling
Of Mice and Men i predict Curley

and i agree that the relationship study will be To his coy mistress
Original post by MIST_123
Is anyone else here doing the GCSE AQA English Literature Unit 1 (18/05/15) and Unit 2 (22/05/15) exam?

I study An Inspector Calls for Section A and Of Mice and Men for Section B of the Unit 1 Exam. Does anyone have any predictions for both of the sections (like what characters are likely to come up)?

For Potery (Unit 2) I study Relationships Potery. I have feeling that it could be To His Coy Mistress.

Also does anyone know what poems and characters for AIC and OMAM came up for the June 2014 paper? :smile:

For OMAM ive got a few ideas:
Curley's Wife Barn Scene
Something about Curley (Likely)
Something about Candy
Carlson (Likely)
Opening/Ending Brush Scene (Likely)

For AIC i'm thinking either Gerald or a setting and the effect on the reader. Opinions?
Original post by LenniesRabbit
For OMAM ive got a few ideas:
Curley's Wife Barn Scene
Something about Curley (Likely)
Something about Candy
Carlson (Likely)
Opening/Ending Brush Scene (Likely)

For AIC i'm thinking either Gerald or a setting and the effect on the reader. Opinions?

I think they had the opening brush scene last year.
And with regards to Carlson, what exactly is there to say about him? He's a really minor character and I have no idea how I would base an essay all around him:colondollar:. I'm hoping it's Curley this year.

As for AIC, they've already asked about Gerald a few years ago so I doubt he'd come up. I'm hoping for Arthur Birling, since he's the only major character not to have come up on the higher paper.
Original post by lubna1998
And with regards to Carlson, what exactly is there to say about him? He's a really minor character and I have no idea how I would base an essay all around him:colondollar:. I'm hoping it's Curley this year.

As for AIC, they've already asked about Gerald a few years ago so I doubt he'd come up. I'm hoping for Arthur Birling, since he's the only major character not to have come up on the higher paper.

"(Original post by ilovesophialucia)
Hopefully! But the examiners all know that we are expecting him, and therefore a character may not even be an option, and there might be two themes instead. Or one of the characters that came up a long time ago could be on the 2015 paper such as The Inspector or Sheila. For example, for the OMAM section George and Lennie came up in the paper in like 2011, and came up again last year (2014) despite the fact everyone was expecting either Curley or Candy as they haven't appeared yet. So it all depends really " this could also be something to consider.
Original post by coolsuper101
"(Original post by ilovesophialucia)
Hopefully! But the examiners all know that we are expecting him, and therefore a character may not even be an option, and there might be two themes instead. Or one of the characters that came up a long time ago could be on the 2015 paper such as The Inspector or Sheila. For example, for the OMAM section George and Lennie came up in the paper in like 2011, and came up again last year (2014) despite the fact everyone was expecting either Curley or Candy as they haven't appeared yet. So it all depends really " this could also be something to consider.

I didn't even consider reappearing characters:s-smilie: AQA are evil.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Carlson represents the callous ideas of the people of 1930s america. He doesn't care about anyone else's feelings and it shown at the end how he just disregards the fact that Lennie just died and changes the subject and also the way he forcefully took Candy's dog away from him without thinking about how Candy felt. He kinda reps the "every man for himself" idea: nobody cared for anyone else nor built relationships. But you're right he is a minor character so he may not come up at all, if he does it would just be something he says within a passage about someone else maybe...
[QUOTE="LenniesRabbit;54824003"]

Posted from TSR Mobile

Carlson represents the callous ideas of the people of 1930s america. He doesn't care about anyone else's feelings and it shown at the end how he just disregards the fact that Lennie just died and changes the subject and also the way he forcefully took Candy's dog away from him without thinking about how Candy felt. He kinda reps the "every man for himself" idea: nobody cared for anyone else nor built relationships. But you're right he is a minor character so he may not come up at all, if he does it would just be something he says within a passage about someone else maybe...

I have a bad feeling that Aqa will have a question on Carlson to throw people off as Curley seems too predictable.
[QUOTE="coolsuper101;54824285"]
Original post by LenniesRabbit

I have a bad feeling that Aqa will have a question on Carlson to throw people off as Curley seems too predictable.

Yeah and if you analyse Carlson right, there is quite a lot to say especially in terms of techniques. If AQA wanna be on our side especially after last years "lets repeat George and Lennie" shenanigans then they'll throw in Curley or the repeated start and end scene description.

But its AQA so they'll probably just throw in a question about the horses or something...:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
What if for AIC, they put in Arthur Birling but because we're all expecting him, do something like make us compare him to Goole?
What if for AIC, they put in Arthur Birling but because we're all expecting him, do something like make us compare him to Goole?

Yes this is likely they could ask ' what are the contrasting ideaologies of Mr.B and the Inspector '
I honestly wouldn't predict.
Did you see what happened with Mr Bruff last year?
Original post by DustToDust
I honestly wouldn't predict.
Did you see what happened with Mr Bruff last year?

No , what happened to Mr Bruff
Any predictions for To Kill A Mockingbird for section A and DNA for section b?

And the character and Voice cluster for unit 2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by coolsuper101
No , what happened to Mr Bruff

He predicted wrong for both exams. A lot of people took his predictions as gold because he had got them right in previous years. Safe to say he got a few death threats from some angry 14/15/16 year olds.
He predicted wrong for both exams. A lot of people took his predictions as gold because he had got them right in previous years. Safe to say he got a few death threats from some angry 14/15/16 year olds.

Ohh okay I think everyone should always revise everything like know each character inside out but if you have a feeling on one person spend a little more time on it.
Reply 16

Do you know what characters came up last year in AIC? And which poems came up in the higher paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MIST_123
Do you know what characters came up last year in AIC? And which poems came up in the higher paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Uh if I remember correctly one was on the character of Eva Smith (I did this one) and the other was on gender or something like that. I got full UMS on this exam.

Poetry was the ending of The Farmers Bride (I answered this) and the other option was definitely Ghazal but I can't remember the question, possibly structure. The unseen was something dodgy about this man's parents dying.
AIC had Eva Smith and Gender. For poetry...what cluster are you doing? Conflict?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Uh if I remember correctly one was on the character of Eva Smith (I did this one) and the other was on gender or something like that. I got full UMS on this exam.

Poetry was the ending of The Farmers Bride (I answered this) and the other option was definitely Ghazal but I can't remember the question, possibly structure. The unseen was something dodgy about this man's parents dying.

How did you revise for the exams?

Quick Reply

Latest