The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I just finished Ace of Diamond and wow was that great! This has to be one of the best finishes of an anime I’ve seen, looking forward to season 2.
Original post by Ki Yung Na
I just finished Ace of Diamond and wow was that great! This has to be one of the best finishes of an anime I’ve seen, looking forward to season 2.

You've got me excited now:eek:, I'm only 32 episodes in though:redface:.
Original post by xDave-
Thought Seraph of the End got off to an alright start, so I'm looking forward to seeing how that one progresses. UBW and Oregairu, and a new chapter of Tokyo Ghoul:re too... Saturdays are gonna be busy days for me from now on!

I was quite happy with the start, been reading the manga as it comes out. It certainly will be similar to other shonen series though.
Original post by Red Fox
You've got me excited now:eek:, I'm only 32 episodes in though:redface:.

I'm excited for you too!

Btw if you're into sports anime, or anyone else for that matter, yowamushi pedal was pretty fun to watch too. :smile:
I'm excited for you too!

Btw if you're into sports anime, or anyone else for that matter, yowamushi pedal was pretty fun to watch too. :smile:

I've seen Yowapeda, it was great. Any other ones you'd recommend for after I finish Diamond no Ace?
Original post by Red Fox
I've seen Yowapeda, it was great. Any other ones you'd recommend for after I finish Diamond no Ace?

Since Diamond no Ace is about baseball I'd recommend Ookiku Furikabutte.
Area no Kishi was also pretty good and that's about football.
Original post by Red Fox

Off the top of my head in terms of sports I'm not so sure but I'll go ahead!

Hajime no Ippo (boxing) was quite a fun watch and it is a pretty solid old series but I don't think I got around to finishing it. From what I can remember the art was decent and it was generally really cool but can't remember much of it - need to watch it again tbh.

Another would be Prince of Tennis (again it is old - the first series anyway).
I only watched the first season but there's a lot of that (198 eps?) plus more in terms of sequel series', movies and OVA's which are more recent I believe. This has a big cast of main characters who are really fun so it's quite like AoD in that respect.

Third would be baby steps, a recent tennis anime about 20ish episodes; this is pretty cool as well and has a second season which I've yet to watch.

And lastly. There is a little (children's?) anime about little league baseball but I can't for the life of me remember what is was called, it had a few series' so it's pretty popular - maybe look around for it? The other one I'm not able to name is one named after some kind of flower I think (I'm picturing the clover..) this was about baseball at the core but it definitely expanded more into other things like friendships and life (more than typically done so in sports anime) and its about 52ish episodes long.

*Make this the last recommendation. :tongue: Giant killer; an awesome football anime about a mediocre, failing team which hires a new unknown manager who helps the team do ok. This one is focused on adults which is something I've noticed is pretty rare but it's still cool and it's not too long either nor is it too old.

There's something else I'll suggest though. I remember really enjoying katekyo hit man it's a shonen so no surprise that it is pretty damn childish; it's a battle manga/anime that's pretty long but I really enjoyed watching it even though I was like 16/17 at the time - maybe look into that? I say this because it was able to give me similar levels of hype as some of the shows I've mentioned here.

Ofc there's way more I can recommend but I'd have to dig through excel and my other lists to find the stuff. :biggrin:

**Note for anyone else reading this; if you want any recommendations just let me know, I'm currently not watching much because of exams but any opportunities to be nostalgic about anime is awesome!

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
Cross Game is the name of the 52 episode baseball anime that I mentioned above. :smile:

Original post by Red Fox
Original post by Tai Ga
Since Diamond no Ace is about baseball I'd recommend Ookiku Furikabutte.
Area no Kishi was also pretty good and that's about football.

Thanks:smile:. I used to be really into football so I'll have a look at Area no Kishi.
x

Wow thanks for this. Cross Game has been recommended to me before and I've heard a lot of good things about Hajime no Ippo so I'll check these two out after DnA.

I'm currently watching Gintama so I don't want to pick up another really long show so I'll give Prince of Tennis and Katekyo Hitman a miss for now. Does Prince of Tennis also focus on the stories of all the side characters and show matches between rather than always focusing on the main character?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Red Fox

Wow thanks for this. Cross Game has been recommended to me before and I've heard a lot of good things about Hajime no Ippo so I'll check these two out after DnA.

I'm currently watching Gintama so I don't want to pick up another really long show so I'll give Prince of Tennis and Katekyo Hitman a miss for now. Does Prince of Tennis also focus on the stories of all the side characters and show matches between rather than always focusing on the main character?

You're welcome. :smile:

Gintama sure is awesome; I haven't watched it in awhile but that's a good choice! And dw, most of those longer one's are probably not worth viewing unless you've got the time like I did back then.

Regarding PoT; from what I can remember there is plenty of focus on the rest of the cast but it takes a bit longer to find out more about them on a personal level.
In terms of as players and their matches though, they do get plenty of focus and probably more focus than the main because after all it is a team effort. They play tennis as a school as opposed to individually so it's quite like seido in that respect.
However one warning would be that it can seem a bit too shonen/battle manga like in the sense that there's a few crazy names for made up moves/techniques but ignoring that it delivers a similar sense of camaraderie to AoD.
(edited 9 years ago)
You're welcome. :smile:

Gintama sure is awesome; I haven't watched it in awhile but that's a good choice! And dw, most of those longer one's are probably not worth viewing unless you've got the time like I did back then.

Regarding PoT; from what I can remember there is plenty of focus on the rest of the cast but it takes a bit longer to find out more about them on a personal level.
In terms of as players and their matches though, they do get plenty of focus and probably more focus than the main because after all it is a team effort. They play tennis as a school as opposed to individually so it's quite like seido in that respect.
However one warning would be that it can seem a bit too shonen/battle manga like in the sense that there's a few crazy names for made up moves/techniques but ignoring that it delivers a similar sense of camaraderie to AoD.

I'm on episode 70-something of Gintama and it's fantastic.

That does sound pretty good then, I like shows that focus on a wide range of characters. I don't mind the ridiculous moves as long as it's entertaining.
Reply 8731
Just out of interest does anybody know when episode 3 of Imawa no kuni no Alice will be available to watch with English subs? :smile:
Original post by azzax
Just out of interest does anybody know when episode 3 of Imawa no kuni no Alice will be available to watch with English subs? :smile:

Whenever Kaitou Fansubs are finished subbing it, since it looks like they're the only ones working on it. I couldn't see any mention of delays/confirmation that they've dropped it on their site or anything like that. :dontknow:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8733
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Whenever Kaitou Fansubs are finished subbing it, since it looks like they're the only ones working on it. I couldn't see any mention of delays/confirmation that they've dropped it on their site or anything like that. :dontknow:

Ohhhh oke :') i guess i'll just have to keep an eye out for it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I need help identifying an anime series... I know, I can't quite believe it myself. :zomg: A friend wants to know what it was called, and described it as follows:

'a short series from a few years ago, seven minutes an episode, all about a group of teenaged military cadets that came into possession of some top secret military article and were being hunted by a faction of Japanese Self Defence Forces through no fault of their own'.

This rings absolutely no bells with me, so any help would be greatly appreciated! :biggrin:
^ Cara reckons it could be Busou Chuugakusei: Basket Army, which sounds about right to me. :biggrin:
omg ore monogatari got an anime :woo: Literally the best "shoujo" manga ever made
Original post by Red Fox
I'm on episode 70-something of Gintama and it's fantastic.

That does sound pretty good then, I like shows that focus on a wide range of characters. I don't mind the ridiculous moves as long as it's entertaining.

I got to around 150 something but I haven't watched it in months because I just can't be bothered to find where it was I got to lol.

I think I know what you mean about the focus on a range of characters - it is most likely why I enjoyed things like PoT, AoD, D Gray Man and Katekyo Hitman :h:
Hello everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ScienceFantatic
Hello everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Welcome to the Anime Society! :biggrin:

Latest