The Student Room Group

UNIQ Summer School 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheMDog
Is a school with an average of a B good or bad at gcse?

That's a fairly vague metric :P. Do you know the percentage 5 A*-C? The national average is 64% iirc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anybody know roughly how many students apply? Curious about just how competitive place are.
Original post by TirnanF
Anybody know roughly how many students apply? Curious about just how competitive place are.

These are the most recent stats I could find, it seriously depends on the subject apparently...
http://www.uniq.ox.ac.uk/appfigures2012

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krollo
These are the most recent stats I could find, it seriously depends on the subject apparently...
http://www.uniq.ox.ac.uk/appfigures2012

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't fancy my chances for maths then haha, 6% for medicine is grim though. I assume you're going for maths?
Original post by TirnanF
I don't fancy my chances for maths then haha, 6% for medicine is grim though. I assume you're going for maths?

You have to remember, back then there were only 30 places, now there's like 80 and I don't think the number of applicants will have increased much. And yes I am going for maths :-)
Not long now guys!
Decided to go on Acorn and check what type my postcode was in and its type 56 xD
Hopefully that will increase my chances.
It's weird that I would have never considered where I live to be deprived until I looked at that
Original post by Windowswind123
Decided to go on Acorn and check what type my postcode was in and its type 56 xD
Hopefully that will increase my chances.
It's weird that I would have never considered where I live to be deprived until I looked at that

I checked the other day too, mine's 27, I don't know whether being in the middle of the scale is a good or bad thing!
Hey everyone!
I applied for Geography with Human Sciences as my second choice. Can't believe we hear about it tomorrow, it seems like yesterday I was writing my personal statement. Good luck to everyone! :smile:
Ooh it's exciting that we find out tomorrow! Good luck everyone:grouphugs:
Living in an ACORN area 10 and going to a grammar school, I'm probably not going to get a place, but good luck to everyone else :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
yeah i checked my postcode as well i am a 6 lol my GCSE's were not great imo so might not have got a place regardless :frown:
Acorn Category 3 and type 22, although not sure how significant this is.
I think there may be a positive correlation between Acorn type and likelihood of getting in, given that the website says it seeks to give places to those from the most deprived areas(provided they have the grades of course).Ah well, we'll find out tomorrow (':

Acorn category 5, type 54.
Original post by longlostlemming
I checked the other day too, mine's 27, I don't know whether being in the middle of the scale is a good or bad thing!

can anyone give me the link to look up my postcode data? I have tried the link on the UNIQ website but it just takes me to the Acorn website and I'm not sure how to navigate it!
Wow! I can't believe we'll be finding out tomorrow! Good luck everyone, hopefully I'll see some of you guys there this summer. :biggrin:

I go to a grammar school but I'm type 57, so I'm really unsure about what they'll think of me. At least I don't have to wait long to find out...
Is there a specific time they're emailing the responses or is it just any time tomorrow?
Do UNIQ use ACORN values or census data? My data on both are pole opposites. ACORN says type 20 (lolno) while census data points to very deprived..
Original post by Windowswind123
Is there a specific time they're emailing the responses or is it just any time tomorrow?

I think it's in the afternoon, don't wait to wait that long though :tongue:
Original post by ToLiveInADream
Do UNIQ use ACORN values or census data? My data on both are pole opposites. ACORN says type 20 (lolno) while census data points to very deprived..

Hey, where do you find census data?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending