The Student Room Group

AQA English Literature GCSE 2015 JUNE SUMMER *OFFICIAL THREAD* OMAM AIC

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kingaaran
Curley's wife's barn scene is also a possibility. The second question could link to dreams, which haven't appeared, I don't think?

Hi, would it be possible if you could help me with the theme of dreams in OMOF with a particular emphasis on Curley's Wife, you seemed to know loads on this book. Thank so much!
anyone doing WJEC
I examined Unit 1 last year and Unit 2 the year before that. I will be happy to look at any responses should you desire feedback.
Original post by Asad_2015
anyone doing WJEC

I teach the WJEC specification to my Year 10 class.
Original post by ozmo19
My prediction is 'To His Coy Mistress' for the higher tier poetry paper

Please could you help me with the significance of rhyming couplets in THCM?
Reply 65
Original post by GCSE student 1

Be creative with your points and offer original interpretations.
The rhyming couplets may reflect his humour which he is hoping will persuade this "coy" women to succumb to his sexual desires.

Ask your teacher if you need more help, many people on tsr don't have much time to..
Hope this helped
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by GCSE student 1

Personally just check out 'MrBruff' on youtube it's easy to understand. Plus after watching a few of his vids you'll start getting the hang of how to analyse and probably start coming up with your own points too :biggrin:
Hey guys , did a question about Gerald croft come up in the an inspector calls Literature 2014 paper?

I predict that the 2015 paper An inspector calls will be about Gerald croft or Mr birling.
Original post by coolsuper101
Hey guys , did a question about Gerald croft come up in the an inspector calls Literature 2014 paper?

I predict that the 2015 paper An inspector calls will be about Gerald croft or Mr birling.

Mr Birling came up last year, no? Or the year before?
Mr b hasn't come up in the june papers but has in jan paper. I also looked at the specimen paper and he is the only one who has no come up in the june paper yet. but its just a guess.
Mr b hasn't come up in the june papers but has in jan paper. I also looked at the specimen paper and he is the only one who has no come up in the june paper yet. but its just a guess.

There hasn't been a direct question about Mr. b yet

Last year for the June 2014 paper Eva smith came up. Therefore Arthur Birling is the only character not to have come up yet :smile:
Original post by ilovesophialucia
Last year for the June 2014 paper Eva smith came up. Therefore Arthur Birling is the only character not to have come up yet :smile:

Thank you , hopefully he is in the 2015 paper.
Thank you , hopefully he is in the 2015 paper.

Hopefully! But the examiners all know that we are expecting him, and therefore a character may not even be an option, and there might be two themes instead. Or one of the characters that came up a long time ago could be on the 2015 paper such as The Inspector or Sheila. For example, for the OMAM section George and Lennie came up in the paper in like 2011, and came up again last year (2014) despite the fact everyone was expecting either Curley or Candy as they haven't appeared yet. So it all depends really:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hopefully! But the examiners all know that we are expecting him, and therefore a character may not even be an option, and there might be two themes instead. Or one of the characters that came up a long time ago could be on the 2015 paper such as The Inspector or Sheila. For example, for the OMAM section George and Lennie came up in the paper in like 2011, and came up again last year (2014) despite the fact everyone was expecting either Curley or Candy as they haven't appeared yet. So it all depends really:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's true , thank you so much.
Original post by amy4121
Does anyone have any idea for what they may ask in the 2015 June Eng Lit Exam for Modern Texts: Of Mice and Men and Inspector calls ?

Any predictions?

Oh! And also for poetry: character and voice section? if anyone does it? Thanks, hugely appreciated!!! xo

i think there might be a question on Curley because they havent doe him so far but there isnt a lot you can write about him. Im doing character and voice as well and i have no idea how to revise the poems
Original post by malaikaahmed12
i think there might be a question on Curley because they havent doe him so far but there isnt a lot you can write about him. Im doing character and voice as well and i have no idea how to revise the poems

There is loads you can say about Curley! You just have to be creative:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AnEnigma
I examined Unit 1 last year and Unit 2 the year before that. I will be happy to look at any responses should you desire feedback.

hi i recently uploaded an Of mice and men answer on my thread to ask people to mark it but i have not had any replies so far , could you possibly grade it as i am revising for lit exams this may. Would be greatly appreciated.
There is loads you can say about Curley! You just have to be creative:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah i know Mr Bruffs videos really gave me an insight into him and i still yet have to do my own analysis so i hope i will come up with some good ideas !
Original post by malaikaahmed12
Yeah i know Mr Bruffs videos really gave me an insight into him and i still yet have to do my own analysis so i hope i will come up with some good ideas !

I discourage my students from using Mr Bruff - his analysis is rather simplistic and vague. As an examiner, some of his work he promotes just scrapes Band 4...
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending