The Student Room Group

Erasmus University Rotterdam 2015/2016 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Great university and a great place to have fun. I was an exchange student there for two semesters. Go for it. You will have no regrets.
Reply 61
Guys is anyone else really put off by our 'Academic Calendar' our holidays are pretty short when compared with other countries..

Winter Break is two weeks. Easter break is a week. And that's about it.

We don't start our Summer vacation till around July 3 :/
Original post by Abdo332
Guys is anyone else really put off by our 'Academic Calendar' our holidays are pretty short when compared with other countries..

Winter Break is two weeks. Easter break is a week. And that's about it.

We don't start our Summer vacation till around July 3 :/

Oh,where did you get it?:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
Original post by natasha037
Oh,where did you get it?:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

it's right herehttp://www.eur.nl/ese/english/information_for/students/exchange_students/academic_calendar/2015_2016/ :frown:
Hi guys, :smile:

Has anyone here done the mathematics (lvl 2) entrance exam? How was it like?
Was it similar to the example test, provided in the website?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by RollingStones39
Hi guys, :smile:

Has anyone here done the mathematics (lvl 2) entrance exam? How was it like?
Was it similar to the example test, provided in the website?

I'm doing it in 2 days, I'll let you know once I've done it. Are you doing it in Rotterdam or in your school?
Hi, may I ask you how long it took you to hear back from RSM with the offer?

Hi guys!

I've got a conditional offer from RSM to study their IBA programme from this september. I am russian and I am doing my alevels in a british school, however they still required IELTS results in order for me to meet the language requirements. I am also doing their math exam in a week and I was wondering whether any of you have any past papers/ previous exam materials. They've sent me a copy of 2014 exam and a list of topics which could come up, however I still want to practice more before the exam, so I need the papers from previous years. I'd really appreciate any help! Good luck to everyone :smile:
Original post by IBAAlumni
Hi, may I ask you how long it took you to hear back from RSM with the offer?

Hi! It took them about 2-2,5 weeks to reply.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nice, a family member applied and want to know how long we'll have to wait to hear back. Could anyone who did IB and got an offer let me know how many points you had as a predicted and for the year before?

Hi! It took them about 2-2,5 weeks to reply.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
Hi all,

I am doing the Maths test in next month. do you have any material for this entrance exam? Could you give me some book title for it?
Thank you very much.
Reply 70
Hi, anyone can share me the sample of Maths entrance exam? I want to prepare for it
Original post by NgoHien
Hi all,

I am doing the Maths test in next month. do you have any material for this entrance exam? Could you give me some book title for it?
Thank you very much.

Go on this website http://www.eur.nl/english/essc/student_administration/entrance/knowledge/ and scroll down to mathematics. Unfortunately, it's the only information available

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
Go on this website http://www.eur.nl/english/essc/student_administration/entrance/knowledge/ and scroll down to mathematics. Unfortunately, it's the only information available

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you very much natasha
I'm doing it in 2 days, I'll let you know once I've done it. Are you doing it in Rotterdam or in your school?

I will do it in my school on the 7th of May, but I haven't told them my supervisor yet. Do you know if there's a deadline for registering and paying the fee for the exam?

I expect the exam to be very similar to the one, provided in their site. It explains why they've given only one example.
Original post by RollingStones39
I will do it in my school on the 7th of May, but I haven't told them my supervisor yet. Do you know if there's a deadline for registering and paying the fee for the exam?

I expect the exam to be very similar to the one, provided in their site. It explains why they've given only one example.

Well, I've just looked at the letter they sent me about the maths exam and it says that I need to register before 31st of March. However, it might be because they've put me on the April exam,so as you are doing it later the registration deadline is probably later as well:smile: I think you should contact them and ask

Posted from TSR Mobile
There doesn't seem to be a airsoft/ paintball society anywhere on their website :frown:.

Also should I be worried that I haven't even started considering accomodations yet?

Also yeah Abdo, it seems we get barely any holidays at all :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi everyone!

I've just done the maths entrance test. Can't say it was easy nor it was terribly hard. If you haven't done alevel maths,you do need to study and work. Message me for details:smile: also,as they say in their entry requirements,they need the minimum score of 7.0 out of 10,so I was wondering whether the boundaries are very strict or no. Say,for example you get 6.7-6.8 - would they still accept you? Any opinions about it?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also,I just thought it would be useful to set up a group chat or smth like this to know each other better if we're all going to study together in a while:smile: what do you think of it? Put down your Facebook if you want to join:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, what does a conditional offer look like? Is it just an email or do they send a letter?

Original post by wightvader1
Hey there,

I applied for IBEB too! I got my conditional offer around a week ago. I'm doing the IB and got a predicted grade of 36 (its out of 45), My university councelor insisted that a 36/45 is what Erasmus is pretty much looking for when accepting students, however they have accepted students at 34/35. He also told me that to basically make my offer unconditional it would not require a simple pass because Erasmus Economics is pretty well known (it's 9th best economic school in Europe according to QS) so apparently I'd have to reach around a 30, which seems easy considering I feel my predictions were abit harsh. Unfortunatly I don't know the equivalent grades in A-levels. But either way I know that if you got your conditional offer, the offer is not as harsh as in the UK (where you need to get your predicted exactly or have to call begging them to let you in), they are more lenient with that.
Original post by IBAAlumni
Hi, what does a conditional offer look like? Is it just an email or do they send a letter?

Just an email

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending