The Student Room Group

AS Chemistry- helping each other out!

Scroll to see replies

I do edexcel and I really need help.

On the specification sometimes it says stuff like 6.3.b what does this mean???
Reply 1261
Original post by Rstlss
I do edexcel and I really need help.

On the specification sometimes it says stuff like 6.3.b what does this mean???

Its just like sub units but honestly just buy a cgp revision guide for your specification or use the edexcel endorsed textbook so you know you aren't missing out and details nd ull probably save time too!! You can also make spec notes from there if u want :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Azula
Its just like sub units but honestly just buy a cgp revision guide for your specification or use the edexcel endorsed textbook so you know you aren't missing out and details nd ull probably save time too!! You can also make spec notes from there if u want :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do that already :smile:, It's just like some bits aren't in the book however.
Reply 1263
Original post by Rstlss
I do that already :smile:, It's just like some bits aren't in the book however.

Ohh I get you, I'm doing aqa chemistry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Azula
Ohh I get you, I'm doing aqa chemistry Posted from TSR Mobile

Has your school finished the course
Chem just really hurts my brain sometimes.
Lol Same. However, it is one of the hardest and most respected
Reply 1267
Original post by Super199
Has your school finished the course

Na but we've only got like 2 topics left, what about you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Azula
Na but we've only got like 2 topics left, what about you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
We still have to do Resources.
guys do i have to study for the HSW in the chemistry AS edexcel textbook? please reply to me pleaaase :redface:
Reply 1270
hi! Sorry if i've done this wrong this is my first post! I'm doing AQA AS Chem and the spec says "appreciate the usefulness of these reactions (nucleophillic substitution) in organic synthesis" but i don't really have any specific examples and was wondering if someone could help me out :smile: thank youuuu
Posted from TSR Mobile
Attention guys a TSR whatsapp study group has been set up.PM Sara_ara98.
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile
Attention guys a TSR whatsapp study group has been set up.PM Sara_ara98.

I've never actually used Whatsapp... But is it like a chat thing? I'm downloading it now :smile:
Original post by l1lvink
I've never actually used Whatsapp... But is it like a chat thing? I'm downloading it now :smile:

Yes.Pm Sara when you downloaded it with your number and she add you.
Is there a quick way to know if something has the following bonds when given only the name of the compound:
-Hydrogen Bonds
- Permanent dipole - Permanent dipole
- Instantaneous dipole - Induced dipole
- Permanent dipole - Induced dipole

Attention guys a TSR whatsapp study group has been set up.PM me
Reply 1276
Original post by Elhamm
Is there a quick way to know if something has the following bonds when given only the name of the compound:
-Hydrogen Bonds
- Permanent dipole - Permanent dipole
- Instantaneous dipole - Induced dipole
- Permanent dipole - Induced dipole

If the compound has a hydrogen bonded to a N, O or F atom then you know it has hydrogen bonding.
All compounds will have van der waals (induced dipole) forces
And if there is a large difference in electronegativity ( eg. NaF) then you know the compound will have permanent dipole- permanent dipole forces because the bond is polar

I dont know what you mean by instantaneous dipole- induced dipole and permanent dipole-induced dipole, what exam board are you, im AQA :smile:
Does anyone have a mind map of all the reaction for f322? The ones i've found online are either incomplete or inaccurate.
Original post by jamesgates1
Does anyone have a mind map of all the reaction for f322? The ones i've found online are either incomplete or inaccurate.

http://www.compoundchem.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Organic-Reaction-Map-v4.pdf

It has some non F322 stuff (like the amines), but seems to cover most.

Hi guys this may be a really stupid question but I was wondering why is CCl2 isn't the BENT shape so wouldn't the angle be 104.5 if it has one lone pair? I'm really confused not sure where 118 degrees has come from

Quick Reply