The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The greater jihad hadith has been ruled fabricated by some scholars.
SubhanAllah, one of the most loved sheikhs from my local area was killed today. Inaa lillah wa inaa ilayhi raji'oon. Please remember him in your du'aa.
Reply 7822
Anyone want to create Salafistan with me?
Do you guys label yourselves salafis? This is a genuine question, some people act as though it's haram when you say: "I'm a salafi" all it means is I follow rasullullah sallallahu alayhi wasalam and his companions right? They were the salaf. So I'm a salafi!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by themorninglight
SubhanAllah, one of the most loved sheikhs from my local area was killed today. Inaa lillah wa inaa ilayhi raji'oon. Please remember him in your du'aa.

SubhanAllah how awful. Despicable. By a non Muslim? May Allah swt forgive his soul.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Raheemahullah, he was found shot dead in his chest this morning, He was the former Imam of an amazing masjid in Acton masjid al-Noor.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by beautifulxxx
SubhanAllah how awful. Despicable. By a non Muslim? May Allah swt forgive his soul.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not known yet who is responsible. But he was found shot dead in his car subhanAllah. Here one day and gone the next. May Allah have mercy on him and bring these criminals to justice.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7827
Do you guys label yourselves salafis? This is a genuine question, some people act as though it's haram when you say: "I'm a salafi" all it means is I follow rasullullah sallallahu alayhi wasalam and his companions right? They were the salaf. So I'm a salafi!

Posted from TSR Mobile

SubhanAllah, people tend to say 'Salafi this' or 'Wahabi that' without really know what they are, and it sometimes gets annoying. Indeed being a Salafi means that you follow the Sunnah of Rasulallah (SAW) and the Sahaba (may Allah be pleased withh them), so when some say 'Jheeze, Salafis make us Muslims look extreme, so I hate them', it makes me feel like folding my beard over my face and imploding because they are basically saying that they hate Muslims for trying to be like Rasulallah (SAW). It's just nonsense.
[video="youtube;dJneGq84qw4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJneGq84qw4[/video]

May Allah have mercy on you, shaykh.
Looking forward to Ramadan?? I cant wait!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Ruh
SubhanAllah, people tend to say 'Salafi this' or 'Wahabi that' without really know what they are, and it sometimes gets annoying. Indeed being a Salafi means that you follow the Sunnah of Rasulallah (SAW) and the Sahaba (may Allah be pleased withh them), so when some say 'Jheeze, Salafis make us Muslims look extreme, so I hate them', it makes me feel like folding my beard over my face and imploding because they are basically saying that they hate Muslims for trying to be like Rasulallah (SAW). It's just nonsense.

I do understand where you come from but shouldnt we call ourselves Muslims only?

It creates division.

Why do you need to add salafi or wahabi or whatever to say that you follow the prophets actions?

Isnt that a Muslim should do
Original post by Ruh

I completely agree with you here. Ignorance is so widespread these days, it is awful when such words come out of the mouth of non Muslims, and even worst from Muslims.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's not known yet who is responsible. But he was found shot dead in his car subhanAllah. Here one day and gone the next. May Allah have mercy on him and bring these criminals to justice.

You're clearly affected subhanAllah. Just think, his soul could be with the angels of mercy, floating near jannah. SubhanAllah. If he was shot, he is also a matyr right? I hope so in shaa Allah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ruh
, so when some say 'Jheeze, Salafis make us Muslims look extreme, so I hate them', it makes me feel like folding my beard over my face and imploding.

TERRORIST!

Only joking the beard face thing made me laugh.
Reply 7834
Original post by garfeeled
TERRORIST!

Only joking the beard face thing made me laugh.

Better imploding than exploding ygm :cool:
You're clearly affected subhanAllah. Just think, his soul could be with the angels of mercy, floating near jannah. SubhanAllah. If he was shot, he is also a matyr right? I hope so in shaa Allah.

Posted from TSR Mobile

inshaAllah, we ask Allah to accept him as a shaheed.

It's difficult not to be affected, he used to be the imaam of a masjid that's local to me, and was well known in the community.

Have a read of this: https://www.facebook.com/aamaralam/posts/753384641446400
(edited 9 years ago)
May Allah raise him with the best of mankind on yawm al qiyyamah
[video="youtube;dJneGq84qw4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJneGq84qw4[/video]

May Allah have mercy on you, shaykh.

Subhan'Allah. Ameen

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think you understand what "following the companions" actually means.

I recommend you check out this series of blogposts by a convert: https://theletteredwayfarer.wordpress.com/2013/02/23/my-journey-from-salafi-to-sufi-coming-out-part-1/

Latest

Trending

Trending