The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cforcoldplay
Yes I think setting targets is very effective; personally i allocate a day for a topic and review part of spec then past papers. Today was AS biology revision, yesterday was A2 psychology, tomorrow will be A2 biology and A2 French on Thursday and repeat. I also find working very early mornings (5 am) the best for me as I can do 5-7 hours a day and still have the rest of the day to chill and whatnot :smile:

Which exam board are you for French?
I would love to aim for 5-6 hours a day, but so far have achieved an average of probably about three. Does anyone else have the problem of being simply unable to work in the afternoon. From 9-12 I am super productive, but after about 1 I just become distracted. Anyone have any suggestions?
Original post by ohitstia
I would love to aim for 5-6 hours a day, but so far have achieved an average of probably about three. Does anyone else have the problem of being simply unable to work in the afternoon. From 9-12 I am super productive, but after about 1 I just become distracted. Anyone have any suggestions?

With me I'm the opposite. I cannot work 9-12 but can only work from afternoon to late evening so like 1-9/10. Sucks though haha can't really go out when I'm most productive then. I downloaded an app that turns off your Wi-Fi during your work time and then when it's time for your ball it turns it on again and then automatically off when you're meant to work again. Works for me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L'Evil Fish
For you.

No. At A level sure, but it's a different ball game at uni. You have no idea so I'm not sure why you're arguing. Even at a level though there are more effective revision methods
Original post by ohitstia

Caffeine?
Which exam board are you for French?

WJEC

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I enjoyed it! Came home after 6, and revised, did a paper and marked it all within an hour (F324, which is chemistry) and it went well so that's done now! So I met my one hour target

I did you take in the ending? I was almost in tears but held it in!
Original post by langlitz
No. At A level sure, but it's a different ball game at uni. You have no idea so I'm not sure why you're arguing. Even at a level though there are more effective revision methods

Well I can guarantee you there is someone in the world who can just read their degree notes and understand and apply

More effective in what way? I did it yesterday for 20 minutes, then did a past paper which took 30 minutes, and marked it, taking 10 minutes. Would have been an A* so it did prove as effective as possible

All I did was read spec and corresponding school booklets and it was fine

Me too! Oral in a few weeks, no clue how it's all gonna work
Original post by Sh4hid96
I did you take in the ending? I was almost in tears but held it in!

Was so sad :frown: for Paul

And all the we'll always be brothers
Reply 208
Was meant to start today... Ended up in the cinema.

Let's see if Fast and Furious is any goooood

what do you think of it? (i thought it was decent, but i've never actually watched any of the f&f movies before.
Original post by Radk
what do you think of it? (i thought it was decent, but i've never actually watched any of the f&f movies before.

I liked it.

Makes me want to drive :lol: but also, some of it was pretty unrealistic, like the switches of Ramsey, that was crazy

And the running up bus

Watched it in Imax so was made more decent
I liked it.

Makes me want to drive :lol: but also, some of it was pretty unrealistic, like the switches of Ramsey, that was crazy

And the running up bus

I also watched in Imax, watched it in the Red Dragon Centre in Cardiff last week. I see you're from Cardiff as well!
I also watched in Imax, watched it in the Red Dragon Centre in Cardiff last week. I see you're from Cardiff as well!

Haha as did I! Didn't realise it was the only Imax screen in Wales
Reply 212
I liked it.

And the running up bus

Yeah i know what you mean, but apparently they used better cars in previous films? Idk, have you watched the previous ones?
lel, ramsey's switches; i thought the black guy that talked a lot was really funny. I actually really liked it.

Are there imaxes all over the country? (You're from england right?)
Reply 213

Is your first name shahid by any chance?
Original post by Radk
Yeah i know what you mean, but apparently they used better cars in previous films? Idk, have you watched the previous ones?
lel, ramsey's switches; i thought the black guy that talked a lot was really funny. I actually really liked it.

Are there imaxes all over the country? (You're from england right?)

I've watched some Yeah, think I'm going to watch them all from beginning just to see what I've missed

They probably did but the Abu Dhabi scenes... That car was insane

I'm in Wales
Yeah I enjoyed it! Came home after 6, and revised, did a paper and marked it all within an hour (F324, which is chemistry) and it went well so that's done now! So I met my one hour target

hahaha thats good then :cool:
Original post by Radk
Is your first name shahid by any chance?

Yep!
Reply 217
I've watched some Yeah, think I'm going to watch them all from beginning just to see what I've missed

They probably did but the Abu Dhabi scenes... That car was insane

I'm in Wales

Oh ok kl my bad :biggrin:
I visited St David's once for a couple of days, which was quite fun, if you're from south wales

Spoiler

Oh man I forgot about that scene. That was epic!
Reply 218
Yep!

In that case, are you british pakistani by any chance? :smile:
If not then, where you from? :smile:
Original post by Radk
Oh ok kl my bad :biggrin:
I visited St David's once for a couple of days, which was quite fun, if you're from south wales

Spoiler

Oh man I forgot about that scene. That was epic!

I am from South Wales yeah

Glad you liked it :wink:

All those terracotta warriors :frown:

Latest