The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Kings College London Nursing Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by YasminWalter
I had my MMI and tests on the 26th February also and still yet to hear anything. Im trying to think positive - No news is good news! Such a anxious wait though. Good Luck :smile:

I had my MMI on the 26th Fed too and they got back to me within a week! They did say between 1-3 weeks so I'd probably ring them if they're taking awhile because emails sometimes get left unanswered! Good Luck!! :smile:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 381
what hospitals do kings college London university students do their clinical practices at? and what zones are the work placements within, by the way this is for all nursing as well as mental health nursing. This is for undergraduate level.
Original post by rxy
what hospitals do kings college London university students do their clinical practices at? and what zones are the work placements within, by the way this is for all nursing as well as mental health nursing. This is for undergraduate level.

From what I can remember they have some in the South East (South Maudsley Trust, Lewisham Community), some in Central (Guys Hospital, Kings, St Thomas') and they also cover North London but can't remember which ones! I remember them saying you can choose where in the country to do your electives, so a lot of students choose their home towns so that they can move back home with their parents ;-)
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 383
Original post by LadyJazzles
From what I can remember they have some in the South East (South Maudsley Trust, Lewisham Community), some in Central (Guys Hospital, Kings, St Thomas') and they also cover North London but can't remember which ones! I remember them saying you can choose where in the country to do your electives, so a lot of students choose their home towns so that they can move back home with their parents ;-)

Hi, thank you so much for getting back to me, honestly I was so confused, because I kept on looking online and too many things appeared at once, I feel stressed as exams are just around the corner :smile:. I have my mmi and selection day on the 27th April 2015, I have 4 weeks to revise and I also have additional exams. I feel scared because I think there is a higher chance that I will be rejected as I think my mmi and selection day is the last one and I have to make a decision by 8th May. have you sorted out your accommodation?:bawling:
Original post by rxy
Hi, thank you so much for getting back to me, honestly I was so confused, because I kept on looking online and too many things appeared at once, I feel stressed as exams are just around the corner :smile:. I have my mmi and selection day on the 27th April 2015, I have 4 weeks to revise and I also have additional exams. I feel scared because I think there is a higher chance that I will be rejected as I think my mmi and selection day is the last one and I have to make a decision by 8th May. have you sorted out your accommodation?:bawling:

Hello, I am applying for the Post Graduate Diploma in Mental Health Nursing, and I plan to live at home and commute if I am successful. I've just found out today that I passed the numeracy and literacy tests and I have been invited for an MMI on the 22nd April! Sooo nervous but also very excited :biggrin:
Good luck with your MMI, I'm sure you'll be fine!
Reply 385
Hello, I am applying for the Post Graduate Diploma in Mental Health Nursing, and I plan to live at home and commute if I am successful. I've just found out today that I passed the numeracy and literacy tests and I have been invited for an MMI on the 22nd April! Sooo nervous but also very excited :biggrin:

Oh wow, I'm applying for BSc in Mental Health nursing, wish you the best. Oh ok, and congratulations. Same here, I'm also getting butterflies, for the maths test, can you use a calculator?
Original post by rxy
Oh wow, I'm applying for BSc in Mental Health nursing, wish you the best. Oh ok, and congratulations. Same here, I'm also getting butterflies, for the maths test, can you use a calculator?

Yes, they give out calculators when you register. Have you used snap? I'd recommend practising on that to give you an idea of questions. Good luck!

Congrats! I also have my MMI with Kings on the 22nd! Feeling excited but very nervous!!
Original post by Katey89
Congrats! I also have my MMI with Kings on the 22nd! Feeling excited but very nervous!!

Aww congrats! I do have mine on the 29th but having difficulty registering on the eventbrite website as there are no tickets nor register button. Anyone having the same trouble?
Original post by akosuamansa
Aww congrats! I do have mine on the 29th but having difficulty registering on the eventbrite website as there are no tickets nor register button. Anyone having the same trouble?

I've not experienced that problem. Perhaps try using a different browser? I used Chrome and it worked fine for me, I am all registered. :smile:
Reply 391
Hi there, my assessment for King's is on Apr 15th. Will I be allowed to use a calculator for the numeracy exam?
Original post by AlmondCantucci
Hi
I had my literacy & numeracy test for kings yesterday. I must admit it was harder than I thought it would be. There were some unexpected questions that the snap website did not even have for the numeracy test. I know it cos I practiced a lot. Overall you would find 20 mins for the numeracy is too long, and 20 mins for literacy is too short. So watch out!

Hi I haven't applied for this but I'm just wondering why you need to pass a maths test for nursing. What type of questions come up but are there related in the context of nursing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yasmew
Hi there, my assessment for King's is on Apr 15th. Will I be allowed to use a calculator for the numeracy exam?

yes they give you a calculator :smile:
Original post by yasmew

Yes.
Original post by pakhtungem
Hi I haven't applied for this but I'm just wondering why you need to pass a maths test for nursing. What type of questions come up but are there related in the context of nursing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Of course you will need to have maths skills for nursing. For example for medication purposes, and for other types of duties. For an idea of the type of questions that come up please check Snap.

http://www.snap.nhs.uk/
Hi, I've got an unconditional offer for Bsc Children's nursing and just waiting on the results of my APL to see if i get an offer for the PGDip Children's nursing too. Fingers crossed! Anybody thinking of living in private rented accommodation instead of halls?
Original post by yasmew

You can use a calculator but they provide them for you. Ive done mine and been offered a place a while ago now. Good luck !
I have been offered a place for Adult Nursing, does anyone know much about the opportunity of where you can go abroad in the second year ? I have been offered a place at oxford brooks too and struggling to decide which one as my firm. Also has anyone looked at what accommodation to go for ?
Original post by MelissaJane46
I have been offered a place for Adult Nursing, does anyone know much about the opportunity of where you can go abroad in the second year ? I have been offered a place at oxford brooks too and struggling to decide which one as my firm. Also has anyone looked at what accommodation to go for ?

I can't say too much about the abroad thing because I don't know myself, but as for accommodation I've applied just now haha. Put Wolfson House as my first but I might change it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest