Reply 7861
Original post by Mary562
Oh okay is that just it - why does it create debates then? :confused:

I think the above user gave me the explanation

But if you feel like dancing - carry on :dance:

Watan Da Pukhto Day Da Pukhtano Sundira Waya
Waya Waya Da Pukhtano Sandery Waya !!
Original post by justforonegif
salafi strict peeps, they dont take rubbish liek bidah from other people. other people get offended and start calling them extremists :sadnod:

What is your old account

Posted from TSR Mobile
found the transcript

Shaikh al-Albaani: "When it is said to you, ‘What is your madhhab’, what is your reply?"

Questioner:
"A Muslim".

Shaikh al-Albaani:
"This is not sufficient!".

Questioner:
"Allaah has named us Muslims" and he recited the saying of Allaah Most High, "He is the one who has called you Muslims beforehand." (al-Hajj 22:78)

Shaikh al-Albaani:
"This would be a correct answer if we were in the very first times (of Islaam) before the sects had appeared and spread. But if we were to ask, now, any Muslim from any of these sects with which we differ on account of aqeedah, his answer would not be any different to this word. All of them – the Shi’ite Rafidi, the Khaariji, the Nusayri Alawi – would say, "I am a Muslim". Hence, this is not sufficient in these days."

Questioner:
"In that case I say, I am a Muslim upon the Book and the Sunnah."

Shaikh al-Albaani:
"This is not sufficient either".

Questioner:
"Why?"

Shaikh al-Albaani: "Do you find any of those whom we have just mentioned by way of example saying, ‘I am a Muslim who is not upon the Book and the Sunnah’?" Who is the one who says, ‘I am not upon the Book and the Sunnah’?"

At this point the Shaikh then began to explain in detail the importance of being upon the Book and the Sunnah in light of the understanding of the Salaf us-Saalih…

Questioner:
"In that case I am a Muslim upon the Book and the Sunnah with the understanding of the Salaf us-Saalih".

Shaikh al-Albaani:
"When a person asks you about your madhhab, is this what you will say to him?"

Questioner:
"Yes".

Shaikh al-Albaani:
"What is your view that we shorten this phrase in the language, since the best words are those that are few but indicated the desired intent, so we say, ‘Salafi’?"

]
(edited 9 years ago)
salafi strict peeps, they dont take rubbish liek bidah from other people. other people get offended and start calling them extremists :sadnod:

I'm salafi :confused:

btw good morning everyone, i jus woke up :ciao:

asalaamulaykum

Walaykum salaam

Original post by beautifulxxx
A salafi is someone who follows the sunnah. Wahabism is a word employed by ignorant individuals. It's derived after the scholar Muhamad bin Abdul Wahab. I believe people use it to refer to 'extremist' Muslims or saudis, or terrorist etc...I could be wrong however. Nonetheless, it's incorrect to call someone a salafi wahabi. Insulting to the scholar, and if you follow the sunnah, you are a salafi. khalas.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I see
Sis, I don't know this stuff - no one has ever pointed it out to me
So I'm Salafi basically

Original post by PPF
Watan Da Pukhto Day Da Pukhtano Sundira Waya
Waya Waya Da Pukhtano Sandery Waya !!

Hahaha pakhtoon yai?
Oh really let's celebrate together!!! :danceboy::danceboy:
Original post by Mary562

Walaykum salaam

Oh I see
So I'm Salafi basically

Hahaha pakhtoon yai?

Salaam,

What is a Salaf? It is the name given to Muslims from the first three generations of Muslims.
The term Salafi is derived from SaladSalaf as they are considered the best generations, so people are trying to follow the salaf so they can be the best, hence the term Salafi, those who try to be like the Salaf.

The founders of the four major school of thoughts are Salafs.
Though we should ignore such unnecessary terms.

The term "wahabi" shouldn't be used due to the way the name is used to make mocking remarks and being derived from one of Allahs names. Not to mention how people conflate Salafi, etc with different groups but fail to realise the huge differences. I just call them followers of the opinions of the scholar.
Original post by Iqbal007
Salaam,

What is a Salaf? It is the name given to Muslims from the first three generations of Muslims.
The term Salafi is derived from SaladSalaf as they are considered the best generations, so people are trying to follow the salaf so they can be the best, hence the term Salafi, those who try to be like the Salaf.

The founders of the four major school of thoughts are Salafs.
Though we should ignore such unnecessary terms.

The term "wahabi" shouldn't be used due to the way the name is used to make mocking remarks and being derived from one of Allahs names. Not to mention how people conflate Salafi, etc with different groups but fail to realise the huge differences. I just call them followers of the opinions of the scholar.

Thank you for the detailed answer

The truth is I don't know exactly what I am so, I'm just going to stick to not saying either of the two
Reply 7867
i tho plant fool was rite and u were bro ideas4wife, guess he rong :yes:

did u meet bro ideas4wife in guanbanimo bay? :eyeball:

im always up for creating salafistan :yes:

I really don't know who all these people are :rofl:

I'l PM you bro :colone:
A salafi is someone who follows the sunnah. Wahabism is a word employed by ignorant individuals. It's derived after the scholar Muhamad bin Abdul Wahab. I believe people use it to refer to 'extremist' Muslims or saudis, or terrorist etc...I could be wrong however. Nonetheless, it's incorrect to call someone a salafi wahabi. Insulting to the scholar, and if you follow the sunnah, you are a salafi. khalas. Posted from TSR Mobile

Imam as-Sawi says in Tafsir Jalalayn that al-Wahhabiyyah are Hizb ut Shaytan and in fact, Bin Baz described himself as a follower of Wahhabiyyah in his own fatwa:

وليست الوهابية حسب تعبير الكاتب بدعاً في إنكار مثل هذه الأمور البدعية، بل عقيدة الوهابية: هي التمسك بكتاب الله وسنة رسوله صلى الله عليه وسلم

http://www.binbaz.org.sa/mat/8159

Also, calling yourself a Salafi or anything other than a Muslim is a bid'ah.
Original post by FreedomCostsTax
Imam as-Sawi says in Tafsir Jalalayn that al-Wahhabiyyah are Hizb ut Shaytan and in fact, Bin Baz described himself as a follower of Wahhabiyyah in his own fatwa:

وليست الوهابية حسب تعبير الكاتب بدعاً في إنكار مثل هذه الأمور البدعية، بل عقيدة الوهابية: هي التمسك بكتاب الله وسنة رسوله صلى الله عليه وسلم

Lil edit:
I'm a follower of wahabiyah, as in I follow what he preached. What I meant was, generally, it connotes negative things when other people use it.
As for what you said below, I'm not sure if that's authentic. Why do some scholars say you ascribe yourself a salafi then? And in that case, I also cannot call myself a sunni Muslim.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Decan-2,4-diol
What is your old account

Posted from TSR Mobile

bro pc thinks im crosstalk :yes:

Original post by Mary562

ive always tho u fit the definition of salafi :gah:
Original post by Ruh
I really don't know who all these people are :rofl:

I'l PM you bro :colone:

u can say it here bro :yes:

ive always tho u fit the definition of salafi :gah:

I don't know yo :indiff:
Beautiful told me something in previous quote but I really don't know what I am so, I'll stick to neither :dontknow:
I did not intend on sparking a major debate here...it was merely a question.
Don't wanna disturb this place so...PM if you have a question or response. I would prefer VM but I can't access the TSR site unfortunately.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FreedomCostsTax

Said it in tafsir al-jalalayn? Don't you mean an explanation of it?
Original post by Mary562

Walaykum salaam

Oh I see
So I'm Salafi basically

Hahaha pakhtoon yai?

I'm sorry for the confusion sis. Check out the site 'salaf us salih' and 'dawahtus salafiyah'. I can't link them sorry, no internet. But that should clear your confusion. Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ibn Fulaan
-Now, whether you are a Salafi or a Sufi (according to the above definitions) you can rest assured that you are upon the right path and it won't harm you what people may say about you or against you. Because, you have managed to reach a level that only the pious of the past managed to achieve.

Sorry gonna have to disagree. The meaning of the word "Sufi" is beautiful. However the people who ascribe themselves to it ..... well thats a different issue .
Original post by javedkid123
Sorry gonna have to disagree. The meaning of the word "Sufi" is beautiful. However the people who ascribe themselves to it ..... well thats a different issue .

There is nothing to disagree with then. The post was talking about the meaning of the label, not those who ascribe themselves to it, and when you have ISIS ascribing themselves to dawatus salafiyyah then your own post is a proof against you.

I advise you to read the post again so you may understand it.
Said it in tafsir al-jalalayn? Don't you mean an explanation of it?

I believe Hashiat al-Allamah by as-Sawi is considered to be part of Tafsir Al Jalalayn
There is nothing to disagree with then. The post was talking about the meaning of the label, not those who ascribe themselves to it, and when you have ISIS ascribing themselves to dawatus salafiyyah then your own post is a proof against you.

I advise you to read the post again so you may understand it.

So I'm wrong then? Uh I'm so confused.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm sorry for the confusion sis. Check out the site 'salaf us salih' and 'dawahtus salafiyah'. I can't link them sorry, no internet. But that should clear your confusion. Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

No worries - will do
Thanks xo

Latest

Trending

Trending