The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Odd socks
this was the first one ive seen and it's been up for a week now, I was getting a bit disheartened. Hopefully this bird will tell its friends :tongue: you should try again :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I love watching them at my mums, she even gets a woodpecker! Id left it up for that long the seeds had actually started sprouting haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nohomo
I volunteer 12 hours a week in Oxfam, four hours a week in a homelessness charity and 19 hours a week in a charity designed to get me into work.

I'm in support group for ESA but get nothing other than ni contributions because of my inheritance which is partly locked in ISA's.

I stopped all medication a month ago. I'm meant to start an accounts night class in two weeks.

I want to pull out of everything. I got straight as at school but dropped out of my degree. I'm fed up. It's because I'm stuck with my parents and they work that I do so much for nothing.

I apply for jobs and get rejected. I'm not convinced that accounts training will help me get a job.

I don't even know what I want. I'm 23 now. The reason I'm trying so hard to get on my feet financially is out of some idea that I want a girlfriend and also a fear of future poverty. I have no enthusiasm for my volunteering or for accounts and going back to maths and making money from it seems unlikely.

I was diagnosed with schizophrenia at 20. Then another doctor decided a year later that it was social phobia, depression, aspergers and psychotic symptoms.

I have no real enthusiasm for any work based stuff. I'm reading a bit more now though.

Don't know what to do. Should I cash my isas , run my money down and then get the council to move me away from my parents?

Few up and uncertain about stuff. Although I talk about a girlfriend etc and enjoy talking when it goes sell, a large part of what I think about when I'm down or angry is to do with people including myself. Maybe I'd be better off in a supported flat thing.

I'm capable of doing a lot of people's jobs but they don't hire me. Not saying I could go in and start work as a dentist tomorrow but I could easily do shop work...

People talk a lot about the morality or whatever of work vs no work but I'm not sure the issue is as simple as that...I'm very confused anyway.

I'm in 9-5 from Tuesday to Thursday at volunteering and I'm fed up.

Some of the people there make snarky comments all the time and I can see a lot of corruption in the back to work charity I go to (like someone who I happened to go to school with with no relevant qualifications or experience getting an easy paid full time position because her parent is a director of the charity while I the apparently disabled one have to work harder than her to earn her money for her). The lady who gave this girl with no disabilities a job then has the cheek to make snarky comments about how fortunate I am because my parents are wealthy (when the othetr girl from my school has equally wealthy parents and no disabilities) fact is I earn the other woman's salary for her too by doing the hardnwork in the charity. I want to ****ing leave the charity but they are my references right now.

Just want to drop everything and go for walks and sit in my room reading. Having episodes of extreme misanthropy and anger.

:hugs:

I can relate, currently volunteering as I couldn't get paid work. Love the job though but hate living with my dad in the middle of nowhere and having to commute in all the time on a rubbish train service. I guess I keep myself going by telling myself it isn't forever as now I have 'experience' so it should be easier to get work.

Really miss uni though, doing an MA was the wrong thing to do and looking back I'm kind of glad I had to pull out. Really miss undergrad days though - had money, had friends, lived in a decent location. Had a proper life in other words! So many people I know are in the same boat after graduating though, it's crazy.
urgh :cry2:
My social life is pretty non-existent but then I am afraid of going and meeting new people, until I get past that barrier I will not feel much better. It is so hard. :/
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Big squishy TLG hugs for anyone who needs them :grouphugs:

TLG Update: Am back to feeling psychotic again :sad: Saw therapist today for emergency appointment - gonna see her this time next week too :colondollar:

:console: Hope it calms down again soon, glad you could get another appointment though. Always here if talking would help, even if I don't know what to say and forget to offer half the time anyway :redface: :hugs:

Original post by ScaryScience
urgh :cry2:

:jumphug: Same offer to you.

-------
Was actually social today! :eek: Really didn't want to go and came back early, but I went and it was ok in the end. Stupidly tired and so much pain now though, mood's going down a lot too but hopefully just tiredness.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

Think I need more LOTR and hot chocolate. :sad:
Had a crap day today. Its one of those days where I feel both frustrated and lonely. Its just dragged out and I haven't been able to overcome it.
Original post by furryface12
:console: Hope it calms down again soon, glad you could get another appointment though. Always here if talking would help, even if I don't know what to say and forget to offer half the time anyway :redface: :hugs:

:jumphug: Same offer to you.

-------
Was actually social today! :eek: Really didn't want to go and came back early, but I went and it was ok in the end. Stupidly tired and so much pain now though, mood's going down a lot too but hopefully just tiredness.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Maid Marian

Spoiler

You definitely would be missed :sadnod:
Original post by furryface12

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done for being social! Hope your mood improves :smile:

I wouldn't be. No one would miss me. Only my rabbits because they'd miss their food.
I feel really, really sick. No one would miss me. I'm alone and my throat hurts from the lump in it. :frown:
Maid, loads of people would miss you. Though I've never spoken to you, I know you're an awesome person (from other threads) and well loved.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
I love watching them at my mums, she even gets a woodpecker! Id left it up for that long the seeds had actually started sprouting haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

birds are so nice, Id like to have a budgie if my landlord allowed it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wouldn't be. No one would miss me. Only my rabbits because they'd miss their food.
I feel really, really sick. No one would miss me. I'm alone and my throat hurts from the lump in it. :frown:

Hmm that's kind of like me except I don't even have rabbits to miss me:frown:, but every time I feel like that I do a bit of breakdancing and it lessens the pain:biggrin:, keep your mind off it:smile:.

Also, lots of people look up to you on TSR so you'd be missed by a lot people!

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
feeling almost vaguely positive about my appearance for once :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ForestShadow
Hmm that's kind of like me except I don't even have rabbits to miss me:frown:, but every time I feel like that I do a bit of breakdancing and it lessens the pain:biggrin:, keep your mind off it:smile:.

Also, lots of people look up to you on TSR so you'd be missed by a lot people!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
You know what I really want, actually? Someone to talk to on the phone who would comfort me. :frown: but I can only think of one or two people who i'd want to talk to.

Spoiler

Spoiler

That and hot chocolate always makes things better :yep:

:penguinhug:

Original post by Anonymous #2
Well done for being social! Hope your mood improves :smile:

Original post by ForestShadow

Spoiler

Most of them are weird newbies...

Thanks for the hug and animals ... :hugs: And for the follow ... but it is all just words on a screen, I know that's horrible of me :sigh: I don't know how to make myself feel better. Awoooooooooooooo:sad:

Latest