Scroll to see replies

good evening everyone I believe it is time for maghrib :yes:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by beautifulxxx
So I'm wrong then? Uh I'm so confused.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ill write a longer post soon. I have a prior engagment at the moment
Original post by FreedomCostsTax
I believe Hashiat al-Allamah by as-Sawi is considered to be part of Tafsir Al Jalalayn

Really? Who says this?
Original post by FreedomCostsTax
I believe Hashiat al-Allamah by as-Sawi is considered to be part of Tafsir Al Jalalayn

Tafsir Al-Jalalayn was written by As-Suyuti and Al-Mahallee in 15/16th century. Hashiat al-Allamah is from the 19th century.

It appears to be a commentary on Tafsir Al-jalalayn:

Ok i got a question

Because one person sins, does that mean somewhere half across the world, people will suffer because of that person sinning?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mary562
I don't know yo :indiff:
Beautiful told me something in previous quote but I really don't know what I am so, I'll stick to neither :dontknow:

vell, we will jus say that u try and practice islam like the sahaaba did :yes:
Original post by Decan-2,4-diol
Ok i got a question

Because one person sins, does that mean somewhere half across the world, people will suffer because of that person sinning?

Posted from TSR Mobile

bro alcohol, i wud say no. but perhaps u cud expand on ur question a bit :yes:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
Tafsir Al-Jalalayn was written by As-Suyuti and Al-Mahallee in 15/16th century. Hashiat al-Allamah is from the 19th century.

It appears to be a commentary on Tafsir Al-jalalayn:

Original post by Ibn Fulaan
Really? Who says this?

Yeah bro, I know that. The author of the extract I read seems to indicate that it is considered to be incorporated although this could just be a poor translation
Original post by Mary562
What is Salafi / Wahabi? I'm going crazy here!

It's the official Islam of Saudi Arabia and a few Gulf States and is funded and promoted everywhere by oil dollars. It is an ossified and iconoclastic form of Islam, which bases itself on a vision of “primitive Islam”, in other words it is a lobotomised and ignorant form of Islam. It rejects and denounces traditional and classical Islam and wants to return to the so called pure Islam of the Salaf, the early generations of Muslims. This type of Islam is seriously flowing with money and so is able to pass itself off as "mainstream" Islam. How do you spot a Wahhabi? Ask them to what School of Law (Madhab) they follow. If they say, "Brother/Sister! There's no schools of law. There is only the one true original Islam!" then you are talking to a Wahhabi. Another tell tale sign is their hate towards being called wahabbis. But they are. Their Islam is the invention of Abd al-Wahhab in the 1700s. It only came into prominence in the 1920s. Yuk.
Original post by interact
It's the official Islam of Saudi Arabia and a few Gulf States and is funded and promoted everywhere by oil dollars. It is an ossified and iconoclastic form of Islam, which bases itself on a vision of “primitive Islam”, in other words it is a lobotomised and ignorant form of Islam. It rejects and denounces traditional and classical Islam and wants to return to the so called pure Islam of the Salaf, the early generations of Muslims. This type of Islam is seriously flowing with money and so is able to pass itself off as "mainstream" Islam. How do you spot a Wahhabi? Ask them to what School of Law (Madhab) they follow. If they say, "Brother/Sister! There's no schools of law. There is only the one true original Islam!" then you are talking to a Wahhabi. Another tell tale sign is their hate towards being called wahabbis. But they are. Their Islam is the invention of Abd al-Wahhab in the 1700s. It only came into prominence in the 1920s. Yuk.

im a troll but ur post is so bad i cant tell if ur trolling or srs :eyeball:
Original post by justforonegif
im a troll but this ur post is so bad i cant tell if ur trolling or srs :eyeball:

Go back to your whatsapp group :smile:
Go back to your whatsapp group :smile:

u no nothing :hand:

wich group shall i go back to bro :erm:
(edited 9 years ago)

So, basically we are neither of the two?
So, why is it some members of the ISOC label themselves Salaf / Wahabbi?
Original post by Decan-2,4-diol
Ok i got a question

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't understand your question?
For example - if I was to kill someone, why would you suffer? [of course I'm not going to ]
Original post by Mary562
So, basically we are neither of the two?
So, why is it some members of the ISOC label themselves Salaf / Wahabbi?

Yes, we are neither of the two, who cares if salafi Islam is different to wahhabi Islam? They are much the same thing. They label themselves wahabbi and Salafi because they are.

The majority of us are traditional Muslims; we love the rich tradition of Islam and stop from wahabbi simplifications. Hoorayyy.
(edited 9 years ago)
Yes, we are neither of the two, who cares if salafi Islam is different to wahhabi Islam? They are much the same thing. They label themselves wahabbi and Salafi because they are.

The majority of us are traditional Muslims; we love the rich tradition of Islam and stop from fundamentalist simplifications. Hoorayyy.

Okay I see
وَإِنَّ هَٰذِهِ أُمَّتُكُمْ أُمَّةً وَاحِدَةً وَأَنَا رَبُّكُمْ فَاتَّقُونِ

And indeed this, your religion, is one religion, and I am your Lord, so fear Me."

فَتَقَطَّعُوا أَمْرَهُم بَيْنَهُمْ زُبُرًا ۖ كُلُّ حِزْبٍ بِمَا لَدَيْهِمْ فَرِحُونَ

But the people divided their religion among them into sects - each faction, in what it has, rejoicing.

[video="youtube;Z6xq_jYId5Q"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6xq_jYId5Q[/video]
Original post by mariachi
well, as far as I know, Wahabis don't actually call themselves Wahabis - this is a rather derogatory term used by other people. If anything, Wahabis would call themselves rather "Muwahiddun" (Unitarists) or, in fact, "Salafis" . Wahabis is used in general by non-Wahabis to indicate an "ultraconservative" interpretation of Islam and in particular the one sponsored by Saudi Arabia and its "official" scholars.

As to Salafis, in contemporary speak, it is used for people who not only favour a literal interpretation of the Quran, but who also view 7th century Arabia as the ideal society, and tend to imitate Muhammad (and the first three generations of Muslims, the Salaf) while deprecating successive developments in Islam (such as Sufism, or even -for some- just following a madhab) as "bidah". People (both Muslims and non-Muslims) tend in particular to define as "Salafis" those who give importance to imitating Muhammad also in superficial details - such as dress, food, speech, physical appearance etc etc.

Muslims are a very composite Galaxy - so, as soon as someone says "we are all Muslim", someone will say : "yes, but (the Ahmadiyya, the Quranists, the Alawis, the Ismailis etc etc)" and then "the Sufis, the Salafis, the madhabs, etc etc"

As to divisions... well, any very numerous human group will differentiate at some moment : there is little chance of avoiding that, and Muslims are no exception.

Hope this helps... however, this should form part of a debate...

Thanks for the explanation. I appreciate it.

What we mean when we say “Salafi” today is very different to the emergence of the term in the mid-1800’s. Rashid Rida, a very famous scholar of Islam from the time, would be described as a Salafi. This meant that he rejected the superstitious practices that were used by local cultures and were backed with psuedo-Islamic ideas.

Link :
http://partytilfajr.tumblr.com/post/66433175910/i-consider-myself-salafi-because-i-follow-islam

''
who also view 7th century Arabia as the ideal society''
so they would ride a camel just because the Prophet did? Lol times have changed. You cannot imitate everything.
Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
وَإِنَّ هَٰذِهِ أُمَّتُكُمْ أُمَّةً وَاحِدَةً وَأَنَا رَبُّكُمْ فَاتَّقُونِ

And indeed this, your religion, is one religion, and I am your Lord, so fear Me."

فَتَقَطَّعُوا أَمْرَهُم بَيْنَهُمْ زُبُرًا ۖ كُلُّ حِزْبٍ بِمَا لَدَيْهِمْ فَرِحُونَ

But the people divided their religion among them into sects - each faction, in what it has, rejoicing.

[video="youtube;Z6xq_jYId5Q"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6xq_jYId5Q[/video]

Thank you. I appreciate that someone at least posted this.
Original post by justforonegif
bro alcohol, i wud say no. but perhaps u cud expand on ur question a bit :yes:

Original post by Mary562
I don't understand your question?
For example - if I was to kill someone, why would you suffer? [of course I'm not going to ]

I was watching brother imran ibn mansur's video and he kept saying that because people sin, other people suffer

Lets say muslims in the west drink alcohol, dont pray, they slander, backbite etc. Do these sinful acts from these muslims make people in other parts of the world suffer from starvation and whatnot

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending