The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Decan-2,4-diol
I was watching brother imran ibn mansur's video and he kept saying that because people sin, other people suffer

Lets say muslims in the west drink alcohol, dont pray, they slander, backbite etc. Do these sinful acts from these muslims make people in other parts of the world suffer from starvation and whatnot

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's the dumbest thing I've heard all day. In Islam, people supposed to be punished/rewarded for their own sins. Obviously, Muslims can cause suffering to other Muslims, but that suffering is not punishment.
I was watching brother imran ibn mansur's video and he kept saying that because people sin, other people suffer

Lets say muslims in the west drink alcohol, dont pray, they slander, backbite etc. Do these sinful acts from these muslims make people in other parts of the world suffer from starvation and whatnot

Posted from TSR Mobile

link the vid pls bro alcohol, wna see dis with my own eye :eyeball:
Original post by justforonegif
link the vid pls bro alcohol, wna see dis with my own eye :eyeball:

It was the vid i posted here earlier on today.. The one you watched for 1 minute

That april fools one

Half way through the vid he was saying that our disobedience to allah (azza wa jal) has a direct effect upon other people

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blah3210
That's the dumbest thing I've heard all day. In Islam, people supposed to be punished/rewarded for their own sins. Obviously, Muslims can cause suffering to other Muslims, but that suffering is not punishment.

Yeh that is what i also thought but i dont know now

Why should people suffer because other people sin

I dont understand. Is this just?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The answer to your questions.

نْ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ قَالَ مَا ظَهْرَ فِي قَوْمٍ الزِّنَى وَالرِّبَا إِلَّا أَحَلُوا بِأَنْفُسِهِمْ عِقَابَ اللَّهِ جَلا وَعَلا

The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said,

“Adultery and usury do not become widespread among a people except that there will descend upon them the punishment of Allah the Exalted.”

Sahih Ibn Hibban 4502. Sahih (authentic) according to Ahmad Shakir

النَّبِيِّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ قَالَ وَالَّذِي نَفْسِي بِيَدِهِ لَتَأْمُرُنَّ بِالْمَعْرُوفِ وَلَتَنْهَوُنَّ عَنْ الْمُنْكَرِ أَوْ لَيُوشِكَنَّ اللَّهُ أَنْ يَبْعَثَ عَلَيْكُمْ عِقَابًا مِنْهُ ثُمَّ تَدْعُونَهُ فَلَا يُسْتَجَابُ لَكُمْ

The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said,

“By the one in whose hand is my soul, you will enjoin good and forbid evil or else Allah will soon send the punishment upon you. Then you will supplicate to Allah and he will not accept it from you.”

Sunan At-Tirmidhi 2169. At-Tirmidhi said it was Hasan. Al-Albani said it was Saheeh.

[video="youtube;Bxu5lTtO9_E"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxu5lTtO9_E[/video]

(edited 9 years ago)

x

x

Exactly why I don't watch this so called 'dawah man'.

I have heard so many lies in his video which aren't even true in islaam.

He isn't even qualified and just makes videos telling people what he thinks is haram and halal and ALOT of the things he says is actually wrong.

May God guide us all.
On another note. Remember why the punishment of Allah comes. It is due to sin.

مِّمَّا خَطِيئَاتِهِمْ أُغْرِقُوا فَأُدْخِلُوا نَارًا فَلَمْ يَجِدُوا لَهُم مِّن دُونِ اللَّهِ أَنصَارًا

Because of their sins they were drowned and put into the Fire, and they found not for themselves besides Allah [any] helpers.
Original post by Daryabrm
Exactly why I don't watch this so called 'dawah man'.

I have heard so many lies in his video which aren't even true in islaam.

He isn't even qualified and just makes videos telling people what he thinks is haram and halal and ALOT of the things he says is actually wrong.

May God guide us all.

I dont know

I dont have anything against the brother.

He has made a few decent videos which i thought were beneficial

And maybe this idea of people suffering cos of other peoples sins does have an islamic basis.. Look at brother tmg's post.

Why would he lie though? He is our brother in islam
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beautifulxxx
Do you guys label yourselves salafis? This is a genuine question, some people act as though it's haram when you say: "I'm a salafi" all it means is I follow rasullullah sallallahu alayhi wasalam and his companions right? They were the salaf. So I'm a salafi!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't. In fact, I'm rather different to those who ascribe themselves to the term 'Salafi' in my locality.

Original post by garfeeled
TERRORIST!

Only joking the beard face thing made me laugh.

Original post by Ruh
Better imploding than exploding ygm :cool:

:laugh:

Original post by Ibn Fulaan
May Allah raise him with the best of mankind on yawm al qiyyamah

Ameen

Original post by Ibn Fulaan
There are labels like salafi or sufi, then their are realities.

In principle and in the label by itself there is nothing wrong with the word itself. The problem arises when individuals ascribe certain realities to the label like the above poster.

:top:

Original post by justforonegif
bro ash said he will set his pikachu on u 4 me :pika:

tru story :yes:

There's a pikachu smiley...? :awesome:

Original post by javedkid123
found the transcript

Shaikh al-Albaani: "When it is said to you, ‘What is your madhhab’, what is your reply?"

Questioner:
"A Muslim".

Shaikh al-Albaani:
"This is not sufficient!".

Questioner:
"Allaah has named us Muslims" and he recited the saying of Allaah Most High, "He is the one who has called you Muslims beforehand." (al-Hajj 22:78)

Shaikh al-Albaani:
"This would be a correct answer if we were in the very first times (of Islaam) before the sects had appeared and spread. But if we were to ask, now, any Muslim from any of these sects with which we differ on account of aqeedah, his answer would not be any different to this word. All of them – the Shi’ite Rafidi, the Khaariji, the Nusayri Alawi – would say, "I am a Muslim". Hence, this is not sufficient in these days."

Questioner:
"In that case I say, I am a Muslim upon the Book and the Sunnah."

Shaikh al-Albaani:
"This is not sufficient either".

Questioner:
"Why?"

Shaikh al-Albaani: "Do you find any of those whom we have just mentioned by way of example saying, ‘I am a Muslim who is not upon the Book and the Sunnah’?" Who is the one who says, ‘I am not upon the Book and the Sunnah’?"

At this point the Shaikh then began to explain in detail the importance of being upon the Book and the Sunnah in light of the understanding of the Salaf us-Saalih…

Questioner:
"In that case I am a Muslim upon the Book and the Sunnah with the understanding of the Salaf us-Saalih".

Shaikh al-Albaani:
"When a person asks you about your madhhab, is this what you will say to him?"

Questioner:
"Yes".

Shaikh al-Albaani:
"What is your view that we shorten this phrase in the language, since the best words are those that are few but indicated the desired intent, so we say, ‘Salafi’?"

]

:yy:

Only, the salaf, may Allah ta'ala have mercy on them, too had differences. So I'm not sure I follow the last part of the debate entirely.

Ok i got a question

Because one person sins, does that mean somewhere half across the world, people will suffer because of that person sinning?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not if the sin is not affecting them in any way. For example, me swearing at an old man walking down the street will not cause a duck in China to get ran over, etc.

Original post by Mary562
Okay I see

Sis, don't get into the generalisations and the use of labels. Just stick to reliable shaykhs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

bro, from what I've heard (I don't watch these types of people) IIRC, this person is not reliable.
Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
On another note. Remember why the punishment of Allah comes. It is due to sin.

مِّمَّا خَطِيئَاتِهِمْ أُغْرِقُوا فَأُدْخِلُوا نَارًا فَلَمْ يَجِدُوا لَهُم مِّن دُونِ اللَّهِ أَنصَارًا

Because of their sins they were drowned and put into the Fire, and they found not for themselves besides Allah [any] helpers.

But doesnt those ahadith and that verse apply to the individual who sins or is it applied to the wider ummah

Posted from TSR Mobile
But doesnt those ahadith and that verse apply to the individual who sins or is it applied to the wider ummah

Posted from TSR Mobile

The verse referred to the people of Nuh. They were all drowned because of their sins.

The hadeeth mentions that if Adultery and interest appears widespread among a group of people - the punishment of Allah descends upon them.

إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَا يُغَيِّرُ مَا بِقَوْمٍ حَتَّىٰ يُغَيِّرُوا مَا بِأَنفُسِهِمْ

Indeed, Allah will not change the condition of a people until they change what is in themselves.
I see

Ok brother tmg and brother ash

Safe for helping me understand

Posted from TSR Mobile
The verse referred to the people of Nuh. They were all drowned because of their sins.

The hadeeth mentions that if Adultery and interest appears widespread among a group of people - the punishment of Allah descends upon them.

Indeed, Allah will not change the condition of a people until they change what is in themselves.

No, they were drowned because they rejected Nuh - ALL OF THEM rejected Nuh, except a few believers and members of Nuh's family, who were saved in the Ark.

None of the hadiths or verses you gave show people are punished for the actions of others.
(edited 9 years ago)
No, they were drowned because they rejected Nuh - ALL OF THEM rejected Nuh, except a few believers and members of Nuh's family.

None of the hadiths or verses you gave show people are punished for the actions of others.

Take from the narrations and the ayat what you wish.

Re-read the wording chosen by Allah and the Prophet.

نْ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ قَالَ مَا ظَهْرَ فِي قَوْمٍ الزِّنَى وَالرِّبَا إِلَّا أَحَلُوا بِأَنْفُسِهِمْ عِقَابَ اللَّهِ جَلا وَعَلا

The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said,

“Adultery and usury do not become widespread among a people except that there will descend upon them the punishment of Allah the Exalted.”

Sahih Ibn Hibban 4502. Sahih (authentic) according to Ahmad Shakir

Why does the punishment fall onto all the people simply for an action being widespread among many - but not all.

Why do I need to change myself in order for Allah to change the condition of all the people? If I don't change myself does that mean Allah doesn't change the condition of all the People?
[video="youtube;gOHpk04fVXU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOHpk04fVXU[/video]
Now lets chill back with some Quran

[video="youtube;26ddz5Eisd8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26ddz5Eisd8[/video]
[video="youtube;d55pHbj-QPA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d55pHbj-QPA[/video]
Original post by beautifulxxx
Do you guys label yourselves salafis? This is a genuine question, some people act as though it's haram when you say: "I'm a salafi" all it means is I follow rasullullah sallallahu alayhi wasalam and his companions right? They were the salaf. So I'm a salafi!

Posted from TSR Mobile

No.

But there is nothing wrong with saying that you follow the Salaf.

In my view. :angel:
No.

Don't we all follow the salaf?
No.

Agreed. I see this kind of thing a lot where I'm from too.

It's sad really, petty hatred amongst those who essentially follow the same thing with the smallest differences (sweeping generalisation perhaps but you get my point).

Latest

Trending

Trending