The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shropshirelass51
Hope you hear back this week, got everything crossed for you.

Me too, thanks for your support!
Original post by JaaySLT
Is anyone still around??? It's a bit sad that everything's died down these days! I suppose I feel that way though as I'm still waiting on a decision after interview, whereas most people have already had their decisions a while ago! Oh well, anyone still waiting for BCU??......or is it just me:eek::confused::smile:

Good luck! I waited a really long time for Sheffield last year, so I hope they get back to you soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JaaySLT
Yep, still waiting!! They said to give it a couple of weeks, 3 weeks at the most. Hopefully I'll hear some positive news this week, but I won't be holding my breath!!!

I've got my fingers crossed for you :smile:
Also still waiting for MMU and Sheffield. I also emailed UoM about a month ago asking to defer and have got no reply! Does anyone know if admissions go on Easter hokidays or will they be working throughout?
Original post by HowayGuapa
Also still waiting for MMU and Sheffield. I also emailed UoM about a month ago asking to defer and have got no reply! Does anyone know if admissions go on Easter hokidays or will they be working throughout?

Depends on the uni I think, and also if the members of staff are on annual leave. I think last year Sheffield were waiting for others to reject/accept offers so that they knew how many places were filled, and could then offer other people places if there was space left - good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
When do we need to apply for the NHS bursary? I haven't heard back from all the uni's yet, do I need to have firmed somewhere and will they give me information about what I can apply for?
Original post by aderyn96
When do we need to apply for the NHS bursary? I haven't heard back from all the uni's yet, do I need to have firmed somewhere and will they give me information about what I can apply for?

Probably better to wait until you have all your replies - you tell NHS bursary where you are intending to go - it uses this information to calculate your entitlement (it knows the number of weeks the course you have chosen runs for) - if you end up at a different uni - say your insurance choice - it registers this automatically when you enrol at the uni but it can affect the amount you are awarded because of the number of weeks the course runs for may be different.

Who are you still waiting for out of curiosity?
Reply 3227
Is anyone else still waiting on City??? I heard back from all my other choices and I'm kind of freaked out that City just forgot about me or something.
Original post by AmyPilot
Probably better to wait until you have all your replies - you tell NHS bursary where you are intending to go - it uses this information to calculate your entitlement (it knows the number of weeks the course you have chosen runs for) - if you end up at a different uni - say your insurance choice - it registers this automatically when you enrol at the uni but it can affect the amount you are awarded because of the number of weeks the course runs for may be different.

At what point did you apply last year?
Original post by JordanC55
At what point did you apply last year?

In April after I had firmed my choices on UCAS
In April after I had firmed my choices on UCAS

Do I need anything from the uni before applying?
Do I need anything from the uni before applying?

No you don't. You will just need your personal ID docs (passport etc) and financial details for the last tax year (whether that's yours or your parents depends on your circumstances of course). You also have to send your original docs to the NHS after you have applied so hope you don't need your passport for a few weeks! When you get the official letter providing details of your bursary you have to send a copy to SFE if you are getting the reduced loan from them but that is all SFE needs to see.
Hi Guys i'm still here! Still racking my brains trying to decide between Uni of Manc and DMU lol, so bad at making life decisions :frown:
Original post by djavor
Hi Guys i'm still here! Still racking my brains trying to decide between Uni of Manc and DMU lol, so bad at making life decisions :frown:

Hope you manage to make your mind up soon lol - in any event its nice to have options!

ahh super, thank you! Just trying to work out how on earth im actually going to fund uni!! And im still waiting on DMU... Just want to know so I can firm and clear it from my mind! Thanks for your help! :smile:
Original post by aderyn96
ahh super, thank you! Just trying to work out how on earth im actually going to fund uni!! And im still waiting on DMU... Just want to know so I can firm and clear it from my mind! Thanks for your help! :smile:

You're welcome - the money side is a little scary but sure it will work out - hope DMU get back to you soon so you can move on and make plans!
Original post by djavor

It's hard making these decisions isn't it! Go where your heart says... and everything else will fall into place :smile:
Original post by djavor

I firmed DMU cause I loved it, but uni of Manc looks cool and I love Manchester as a city!

i think Manc will be more academic I think whereas DMU seems like it'll be more practical.
No you don't. You will just need your personal ID docs (passport etc) and financial details for the last tax year (whether that's yours or your parents depends on your circumstances of course). You also have to send your original docs to the NHS after you have applied so hope you don't need your passport for a few weeks! When you get the official letter providing details of your bursary you have to send a copy to SFE if you are getting the reduced loan from them but that is all SFE needs to see.

Do you just apply online.
Do you just apply online.

Yes apply online (register for a NHSBOSS account) but then you have to send them certain original documents like your passport proof of earnings etc - that cost over £10 for the return postage as I sent it special delivery as I didn't want to loose my passport lol

Quick Reply

Latest