The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Radk
In that case, are you british pakistani by any chance? :smile:
If not then, where you from? :smile:

Yeah I am! Parents were born here but originally my family are from Pakistan! I live in south Wales.
Reply 221
Original post by Sh4hid96
Yeah I am! Parents were born here but originally my family are from Pakistan! I live in south Wales.

Oh niice so like l'evil fish over here :biggrin:

Do you know st davids at all? I went there once on holiday with a friend and it was really nice. I went bodyboarding and everything.

Have you ever been to pakistan btw?
Original post by Radk

Do you know st davids at all? I went there once on holiday with a friend and it was really nice. I went bodyboarding and everything.

I'm not from Pakistan :tongue:
Reply 223
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I am from South Wales yeah

Glad you liked it :wink:

All those terracotta warriors :frown:

Thank you :smile: Yeah I went bodyboarding and everything it was lots of fun. You into sport at all?

Yeah man ikr, dem terracotta warriors :biggrin:

Spoiler

Original post by Radk
Thank you :smile: Yeah I went bodyboarding and everything it was lots of fun. You into sport at all?

Yeah man ikr, dem terracotta warriors :biggrin:

Spoiler

The statues they smashed up
Reply 225
The statues they smashed up

Ohh yeah, man you've got a decent memory. You at school or uni? Or have you just applied to uni?
Gonna start Monday.

Gonna do an hour a day for the week, quite excited to start.

Then start again in half term before exams :biggrin:

you must be pretty confident then :wink:

good luck. hope you manage to meet your offer :smile:
Original post by Radk
Ohh yeah, man you've got a decent memory. You at school or uni? Or have you just applied to uni?

Applied to uni, hopefully there next year
Original post by subjunctivehistorian
you must be pretty confident then :wink:

good luck. hope you manage to meet your offer :smile:

Well, more the fact we've already finished the syllabus for Chemistry and further Maths mainly and have another 5 weeks left in school.

And Unit 4s are common sense so I'll just have to revise the big exams nearer the time! :lol:

French... No point revising, I'm not going to get an A*

Thanks a lot! Where are you headed to now? I think I read you were considering a gap year?
Reply 228

Well, more the fact we've already finished the syllabus for Chemistry and further Maths mainly and have another 5 weeks left in school.

And Unit 4s are common sense so I'll just have to revise the big exams nearer the time! :lol:

Thanks a lot! Where are you headed to now? I think I read you were considering a gap year?

Oh kl, so what course you doing if you don't mind me asking? :smile:
Original post by Radk
Oh kl, so what course you doing if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

NatSci :smile: or chemistry if I miss my firm
When you know you should be revising, boring chores such as cleaning your room suddenly become the most appealing activities ever :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)

nahh mate I'm off to manchester. :biggrin: and I can honestly say I'm happy with this decision, I can't wait. Obvs I was devastated about Cambridge for like a month haha, it was my main thing I wanted and I felt so horrible about it, which is why I wanted to take a year out, reapply, get 100% in my exams so I'd have no risk really. All my teachers were saying I should haha, but in the end I was all 'no I wanna go to uni and I love history and just study it' so thats what i'm doing! :smile: :smile:

(I'm still aiming for 2 or 3 A*s though because why not)
Original post by subjunctivehistorian
nahh mate I'm off to manchester. :biggrin: and I can honestly say I'm happy with this decision, I can't wait. Obvs I was devastated about Cambridge for like a month haha, it was my main thing I wanted and I felt so horrible about it, which is why I wanted to take a year out, reapply, get 100% in my exams so I'd have no risk really. All my teachers were saying I should haha, but in the end I was all 'no I wanna go to uni and I love history and just study it' so thats what i'm doing! :smile: :smile:

(I'm still aiming for 2 or 3 A*s though because why not)

That sounds like an awesome plan for all the right reasons to me!

Why the heck not ay, I'm sure you'll do absolutely amazing there and love every moment of it wooo

I generally don't say that to everyone lol
At the minute it feels like my entire life is consumed by exams, mine aren't till June so it's long enough to feel like they'll never be over but short enough to be stressing and panicking :frown:
Reply 234
Original post by ShonaM6920
At the minute it feels like my entire life is consumed by exams, mine aren't till June so it's long enough to feel like they'll never be over but short enough to be stressing and panicking :frown:

At least your longest exam isn't on your birthday though (June 2nd)
Original post by Radk

Well I've lived in St David's for 9 years and I can safely say I've never been body-boarding =P
Reply 236
Original post by ShonaM6920
Well I've lived in St David's for 9 years and I can safely say I've never been body-boarding =P

How come? Not into that kind of thing?
Original post by Radk
How come? Not into that kind of thing?

I prefer to sit on the beach rather than go in the water tbh :smile:
How many hours on average are you guys doing per day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Don Joiner
How many hours on average are you guys doing per day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you actually read any of this thread before asking that question? :lol:

Latest