The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA4 - Thursday 11th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 800
Original post by CD223
Haha you sound more productive and determined than me! I've only started revising today which makes me nervous. Have I started too late for AAA? :/

I am excellent at seeming productive and determined :P It's actually working out a little the past few days (but I just remembered how much maths homework I haven't done yet oops...).

I mean there's not really such thing as 'too late', the best thing to do is do some revision and then get through some past papers for as many units as possible so you can see how you're doing a bit and what needs the most work. You'll probably find out that you know more than you think you do and everything from earlier on will start to come back hopefully!
What are people getting in pp
And what have ppl been getting in jan 11

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by king cobra

Posted from TSR Mobile

pp?
Reply 804

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bit of a range from PHYA4, it's improving though. 64/75 in Jan 11 (18 multiple choice, 46 written section) :smile: how about you?
haha but wow congrats how are you scoring so high in the written section ????

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 806

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 63 in Jan 11. Generally I'm getting ~60 in past papers, with 18 on the MC.
Reply 807
Original post by Lau14
I am excellent at seeming productive and determined :P It's actually working out a little the past few days (but I just remembered how much maths homework I haven't done yet oops...).

I mean there's not really such thing as 'too late', the best thing to do is do some revision and then get through some past papers for as many units as possible so you can see how you're doing a bit and what needs the most work. You'll probably find out that you know more than you think you do and everything from earlier on will start to come back hopefully!

Thanks for the reassurance! I've a lot of M2 to catch up on so you're not the only one with maths hw haha!
Reply 808
Original post by CD223
Thanks for the reassurance! I've a lot of M2 to catch up on so you're not the only one with maths hw haha!

I've got two past papers (FP3, M2) and a review sheet (FP4) still to do I think. To be fair they shouldn't take all that long, I should get them out of the way tomorrow & Thursday. I quite like M2, it's a nice unit!
Reply 809
Original post by Lau14
I've got two past papers (FP3, M2) and a review sheet (FP4) still to do I think. To be fair they shouldn't take all that long, I should get them out of the way tomorrow & Thursday. I quite like M2, it's a nice unit!

Sounds a fair chunk - you'll manage that!
M2 is odd - did my first papers on it today - didn't do well! Hopefully I can improve haha! Just need to focus on C3 and C4 as if I get 90 on both then M2 is virtually worthless!
Reply 810
Original post by CD223
Sounds a fair chunk - you'll manage that!
M2 is odd - did my first papers on it today - didn't do well! Hopefully I can improve haha! Just need to focus on C3 and C4 as if I get 90 on both then M2 is virtually worthless!

Yeah, hoping to get two bits done tomorrow and the last on Thursday so I can relax for the last few days!
Ah see M2 is fairly likely to be one of my units counting towards the A* I think (for further maths it's your best three A2 level units), I've got 70 or above in all the past papers I've done so far!
Reply 811
Original post by Lau14
Yeah, hoping to get two bits done tomorrow and the last on Thursday so I can relax for the last few days!
Ah see M2 is fairly likely to be one of my units counting towards the A* I think (for further maths it's your best three A2 level units), I've got 70 or above in all the past papers I've done so far!

Relaxing is important!
Had a lovely email from the theatre company I did my computing coursework for today praising me for my work - sneakily forwarded it onto my teacher hoping it boosts my grade :biggrin:

Ah that's amazing! I hope I can be that good with practice! I find maths is just paper after paper form improvements to be noticeable.
Reply 812
Original post by CD223
Relaxing is important!
Had a lovely email from the theatre company I did my computing coursework for today praising me for my work - sneakily forwarded it onto my teacher hoping it boosts my grade :biggrin:

Ah that's amazing! I hope I can be that good with practice! I find maths is just paper after paper form improvements to be noticeable.

Yeah, I expect everyone will be starting to feel the impending exams when we go back and it'll be busy revising and finishing bits off so I'd like to take a few days off before we get into that!
Aww that's nice :smile: well done!

Yeah that's pretty much all I do, just do past papers continuously until the exam and you won't forget anything!
Reply 813
Original post by Lau14
Yeah, I expect everyone will be starting to feel the impending exams when we go back and it'll be busy revising and finishing bits off so I'd like to take a few days off before we get into that!
Aww that's nice :smile: well done!

Yeah that's pretty much all I do, just do past papers continuously until the exam and you won't forget anything!

That's very true! I think the library shall become my second home!

Thank you :smile:

I think I'll have to try that method :wink: Getting myself into "revision mode" takes a lot of motivation at the moment! I still don't see myself as having properly started but I guess I must have in doing some of the homework ive been set - just gotta keep it up :L
Reply 814
Does anyone have access to a topic by topic set of questions for this exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 815
Original post by CD223

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/physics-revision/aqa-unit-4/

This webpage has some topic by topic questions if you scroll down a little.
However I think most of them are quite old questions, ranging from 2002 to 2010.
But then again, knowing AQA, they do like to recycle their questions! Aha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 816
Original post by CD223

Posted from TSR Mobile

The same website has questions by topic for both PHY5 and Maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 817
Original post by saad97
The same website has questions by topic for both PHY5 and Maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woah thank you! That's brilliant :smile:

How do you revise physics best?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 818
Original post by CD223
That's very true! I think the library shall become my second home!

Thank you :smile:

I think I'll have to try that method :wink: Getting myself into "revision mode" takes a lot of motivation at the moment! I still don't see myself as having properly started but I guess I must have in doing some of the homework ive been set - just gotta keep it up :L

I always find it's too quiet in the study centres and libraries and stuff, I hate it! If I'm working in college (outside of lessons) I do it in the cafe when there aren't many people around.

I don't even feel like I've properly started even though I've been doing things? Which doesn't really make much sense but oh well!
Reply 819
Original post by CD223
Woah thank you! That's brilliant :smile:

How do you revise physics best?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're welcome :smile:

Past papers all the way! :tongue:
In my opinion at A-level, the best way to do well in Science or Maths is by completing past papers because it's no good just learning the content. You have to be able to apply your knowledge and the same style of questions come up pretty much every year so by doing past papers you're training your brain for the exam. Works for me, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending