The Student Room Group

FourFiveSeconds - What's your opinion?

FourFiveSeconds is the newly released track by Rihanna, Kanye West and Paul McCartney.

Given that Rihanna seems to be known for her "club-bangers" these days, and Kanye West seems to have a bad reputation within the rap community, it only seems amusing that Paul McCartney would then feature on a song with the two of them.

What astonished me is that the result is actually somewhat decent.

I expected Kanye West to be using a lot of offensive words over dodgy beats, Rihanna to be chucking her vocals all over the metaphorical dance-floor and to be completely honest... I didn't know what Paul McCartney was going to do.

I have found the finished product easy to listen to, almost stripped back in my opinion.

Sure, it's not perfect, but it's one of the best things I've heard from any of the featured artists in a while. I feel like I can connect with it more, like it actually means something.

I'm pleasantly surprised with the outcome.

What's your opinion on the track and it's accompanying musicians?
I really like the song. And lol, Kanye has a good reputation within the rap community, just within general life, sheep jump on the bandwagon and say he's an idiot.

Anyone who actually listens to rap music know that Kanye is incredible musically, and lyrically when he wants to be. At least 4 classic hip hop albums made by him that keep the genre alive
Original post by Bromaldehyde
I really like the song. And lol, Kanye has a good reputation within the rap community, just within general life, sheep jump on the bandwagon and say he's an idiot.

Anyone who actually listens to rap music know that Kanye is incredible musically, and lyrically when he wants to be. At least 4 classic hip hop albums made by him that keep the genre alive

While I agree on some standard that Kanye West can be good musically and lyrically when he wants to be, I don't believe that when he wants to be is a lot of the time.
I love this song, it's so meaningful and has many sides of the real life, I really like :top::top:
Paul McCartney the "legend" cleaning up some acts by featuring in their songs :biggrin:
Original post by PlayerBB
I love this song, it's so meaningful and has many sides of the real life, I really like :top::top:

I feel like the use of the raw acoustic guitar adds a lot of feelings and emotions into it.
Reply 6
i like this song but the song is like a month or two old lol
i always end up singing it when i hear it.
i also like only one by Kanye West and Paul McCartney
Original post by ProNoob
i like this song but the song is like a month or two old lol
i always end up singing it when i hear it.
i also like only one by Kanye West and Paul McCartney

So you know the words to the song? I find them difficult to hear, because they're so quiet. Only the chorus I can partly understand.

I think that's what adds to the beauty of the song though.
Reply 8
i didnt understand it at first so i found out the lyrics :tongue:
Original post by ProNoob
i didnt understand it at first so i found out the lyrics :tongue:

I have spent two whole days listening to it on repeat to see if I could learn it. Story short, I couldn't learn much of it and I still have absolutely no idea what it's about.
Original post by fozardstephens
i feel like the use of the raw acoustic guitar adds a lot of feelings and emotions into it.

rightttt!!!!!!
One of Kanye's worst songs.

Good but pretty generic
Original post by alldayniqqa
One of Kanye's worst songs.

Good but pretty generic

What makes it one of Kanye's worst songs?
Good song, but Rihanna's English teachers must have been pretty awful if they didn't teach her the basic grammar of at least spacing ...
Original post by FozardStephens

Singing is not exactly his forte
Original post by FozardStephens

It's not a bad song but compared to his whole discog, its definitely below par.
The song is great. I love Paul and Rihanna, I despise Kanye but for his personality not for his performance(not in this song at least)

So yea, great song.
'American Oxygen' >>
it's amazing, i love this new direction pop music seems to be going in that's showcasing artists with real talent

Quick Reply

Latest