The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Princepieman
Yep, pretty much a sinking ship now.

Hahaha, if you can get the experience that is! :')

Hope so lol. :smile:

tbh the whole banking industry is in structural decline.
Hey guys, are A Level insight days important?
Original post by ExMus

Did 4 A level insights, got 3 IB SWs, 1 summer, study at a semi-target

A classmate of mine did around 6 A level insights, got 4 IB SWs

Other people on my course didn't do A level insights still got SWs

I'd say they help in sort of "Why did you choose x firm?" - can relate your experiences at the a level programme but other than that they're not as important. I know people who have A level insights with no SWs. I'd say they help with regards to meeting people in the industry and developing a network but other than that no, they look pretty cool as a line on your CV, shows motivation for the industry from an early stage.

If you get accepted onto them, go for them 100% though
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Did 4 A level insights, got 3 IB SWs, 1 summer, study at a semi-target

A classmate of mine did around 6 A level insights, got 4 IB SWs

Other people on my course didn't do A level insights still got SWs

I'd say they help in sort of "Why did you choose x firm?" - can relate your experiences at the a level programme but other than that they're not as important. I know people who have A level insights with no SWs. I'd say they help with regards to meeting people in the industry and developing a network but other than that no, they look pretty cool as a line on your CV, shows motivation for the industry from an early stage.

If you get accepted onto them, go for them 100% though

Thanks. I'll try to apply to as many as I can and go from there. I'm guessing a lot of the events are at Canary Wharf. Am I wrong?
Original post by ExMus
Thanks. I'll try to apply to as many as I can and go from there. I'm guessing a lot of the events are at Canary Wharf. Am I wrong?

Pretty much, most of the banks are at CW
Original post by ExMus

If you know you are interested in IB this early then yeah - definitely do it. The head-start in knowledge of the industry, firms, network, etc. will help you a lot with spring week applications and interviews.
Original post by lizzygrant
If you know you are interested in IB this early then yeah - definitely do it. The head-start in knowledge of the industry, firms, network, etc. will help you a lot with spring week applications and interviews.

Oh yeah, true, I'm definitely going to apply. Gonna see how it goes. Btw, was your username inspired by a certain singer?
Original post by ExMus
Oh yeah, true, I'm definitely going to apply. Gonna see how it goes. Btw, was your username inspired by a certain singer?

Yup - never thought someone would get it here :colondollar:
Good luck btw :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Anonynmous
tbh the whole banking industry is in structural decline.

Can you expand your point pls? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yup - never thought someone would get it here :colondollar:
Good luck btw :smile:

Well she is my favourite artist so it shouldn't come as a surprise :tongue:. Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Banking now is not how it was pre 2008/2007 (apart from M&A which is getting there).
Original post by ExMus
Well she is my favourite artist so it shouldn't come as a surprise :tongue:. Thanks.

I love Lana too. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Watch this

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Watch this

Spoiler

seen it

Big conflicts of interest

He was kicked out by goldman

How may SWs u get mate?. 0 thats right...n haters gona hate hate hate
Original post by FanaticEV
seen itBig conflicts of interestHe was kicked out by goldmanHow may SWs u get mate?. 0 thats right...n haters gona hate hate hate

Some good points were raised in that video.

comment about SW was unnescasary, it's like saying I have more rep making my points more valid.
(edited 9 years ago)
This is absolutely right. IB divisions of banks are being scaled down massively. Too risky. But other divisions of banking are recovering and actually moving away from IB divisions.
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Watch this

Spoiler

Absolutely right! How is Csmbridge?
SW description says that "smart business attire". How should I wear to be safe?

Posted from TSR Mobile
SW description says that "smart business attire". How should I wear to be safe?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine says "dress peofessionally", dont get it. I already bought 4 new business shirts with matching ties, and I have a charcoal suit. Is that professional?
Reply 8219
RBC Spring Interns Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/903846299675881/

Latest

Trending

Trending