The Student Room Group

Student Finance into closed account

I changed my bank details in September and the first payment was paid into this new account but for some reason the bank details were changed to my old account which is closed. It says paid on student finance website so does this mean I have lost my money. Thanks in advance
Original post by Heisenberg Stark
I changed my bank details in September and the first payment was paid into this new account but for some reason the bank details were changed to my old account which is closed. It says paid on student finance website so does this mean I have lost my money. Thanks in advance

If it's a closed account the money should have bounced back. Give them a call tomorrow if you haven't already today. Explain to them your situation and possibly have your bank details ready to update it for them.
Okay thanks I contacted student finance and they said that if it is a closed account it will take up to 14 working days for the money to be reversed

Posted from TSR Mobile
How long did it end up taking
Reply 4
QFA

How long did it end up taking

^^
Quicker than I thought, I think around a week

Posted from TSR Mobile
Quicker than I thought, I think around a week

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you know exactly how many days it took to come back as a failed payment? I'm stuck in the same situation as you were :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending