The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by beautifulxxx
Walaikum Salam xx
Ikhlas is the topic hun, it means sincerity. Sincerity in Islam, you know...possessing the good intetions and being sincere about every action you do for Allah swt.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you think it's possible to be sincere when there is such a big punishment for those that aren't? If so, would it be out of fear?
Original post by justforonegif
sad to see anti islam bigots using sister Farkhunda's death to take digs at islam and claim they're defending her memory or sumfin

sad an stupid individuals :sadnod:

I don't think she intended to burn the Quran. There is a lot of stories, some people said she was mentally ill, someone said she burned something else not the Quran.. But you can't just kill a person because of that. Burn the Quran or not God will judge them. As an outsider but a muslim i think it's time for educated Afghan people to stand up and try to educate the uneducated one. Specially, let's try to wipe out such terror groups like the taliban, they are the real threat and shameful to muslims!! There is no hurtful thing which hurts us more than bunches of uneducated people killing an innocence person in the name of Islam!

EDIT: I don't want anyone to start a debate about this..
Original post by Incredible97
I don't think she intended to burn the Quran. There is a lot of stories, some people said she was mentally ill, someone said she burned something else not the Quran.. But you can't just kill a person because of that. Burn the Quran or not God will judge them. As an outsider but a muslim i think it's time for educated Afghan people to stand up and try to educate the uneducated one. Specially, let's try to wipe out such terror groups like the taliban, they are the real threat and shameful to muslims!! There is no hurtful thing which hurts us more than bunches of uneducated people killing an innocence person in the name of Islam!

EDIT: I don't want anyone to start a debate about this..

She didn't burn anything. She was training to be a scholar I think.
Walaykum asalaam all

-----

Original post by blah3210

Yes that's true - Well I know the full story, she was innocent
sad to see anti islam bigots using sister Farkhunda's death to take digs at islam and claim they're defending her memory or sumfin

sad an stupid individuals :sadnod:

not surprised it helps them sleep at night
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by binarythoughts
Do you think it's possible to be sincere when there is such a big punishment for those that aren't? If so, would it be out of fear?

Well yes of course. In fact, the emphasized punishment is what leads people to increase their sincerity and strive super hard to avoid bad intentions. Us Muslims balance hope, fear and love. When mentioning the hadith about the first three who will enter the fire, Abu Huraira May Allah swt reward him fainted three times out of fear. If a negligent, careless individual is deliberately insincere in his actions, this shows he is not fearful of the punishment correct? On the contrary, someone who is fearful is concerned and careful. So yes I think fear does play a role, but it still stays sincerely for Allah. And I could be completely wrong so Allah knows best.
Well yes of course. In fact, the emphasized punishment is what leads people to increase their sincerity and strive super hard to avoid bad intentions. Us Muslims balance hope, fear and love. When mentioning the hadith about the first three who will enter the fire, Abu Huraira May Allah swt reward him fainted three times out of fear. If a negligent, careless individual is deliberately insincere in his actions, this shows he is not fearful of the punishment correct? On the contrary, someone who is fearful is concerned and careful. So yes I think fear does play a role, but it still stays sincerely for Allah. And I could be completely wrong so Allah knows best.

So you think you couldn't have been sincere towards God if there were no repercussions?

She didn't burn the Quran..
"And they were not commanded except with this: that they should worship Allah, being completely sincere in the Din." [Al-Qur'an 98:5]

And the Exalted also said:

"Say: Indeed I have been commanded to worship Allah making the Din sincerely for Him alone." [Al-Qur'an 39:11]
She didn't burn the Quran..

I know but even if she did, people need to learn to control their anger instead of ganging up on some poor women with like 30 guys vs 1 woman :angry:
I know but even if she did, people need to learn to control their anger instead of ganging up on some poor women with like 30 guys vs 1 woman :angry:

This girl have had mental problems for 16 years. She went to a Mullah for help. The mullah gave her something written in persian language and she burnt it. It was not the quran! And even if it was.. these people have no right according to islam to do what they did. The girl farkhundah is most probably in Paradise because of her mental problems that cant really see the right from wrong or think logically for themselves will, as far as i remember, go to paradise. The test we face with people like this is how we treat them. Treat them good and you'll earn reward, treat them bad and you failed the test and will face consequences. This is what islam teach us. Most afghan and muslims treat the quran like the mosy holy thing and place it on top of the bookshelf in their homes.. But do they read it? No!

EDIT: Lets not continue incase it turns into a Debate.
(edited 9 years ago)
She didn't have mental problems - just saying
Original post by Mary562
She didn't have mental problems - just saying

Personally i don't think she had mental problems as well, but her parents said that she did.. :dontknow:
(edited 9 years ago)
yo akhis and female akhis

ive decided 2 liak take a break from tsr. wen ur doing ur work and u notice ur writng stuff liak "pravastatin is an effective drug yo" then u no u need to take a break :sadnod:

typin like dis reks up ur english bare style in rl life. :hand: so ima stop b4 my english lvl reaches the standard of an umpa lumpa :smurf:

i see u all in 2 days, 8 hours and 32mins insha'Allah. :yes:

assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh :ciao:

have a good day bro

wa alaikumussalam warahmatullah
(edited 9 years ago)
Personally i don't think she had mental problems as well, but her parents said that she did have mental problems.. :dontknow:

Spoiler

Original post by Mary562

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by binarythoughts
So you think you couldn't have been sincere towards God if there were no repercussions?

You're losing me here sis...bro... I think you're a sis...I'm a little confused with what you're asking here. Perhaps I didn't make myself clear enough...

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're losing me here sis...bro... I think you're a sis...I'm a little confused with what you're asking here. Perhaps I didn't make myself clear enough...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Let me clarify.
Do you think sincerity in your actions would've been an issue if there were no punishments for those that weren't sincere?

Latest

Trending

Trending