The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Who are the "sincere"? Allah says:

"Righteousness is not that you turn your faces toward the east or the west, but [true] righteousness is [in] one who believes in Allah , the Last Day, the angels, the Book, and the prophets and gives wealth, in spite of love for it, to relatives, orphans, the needy, the traveler, those who ask [for help], and for freeing slaves; [and who] establishes prayer and gives zakah; [those who] fulfill their promise when they promise; and [those who] are patient in poverty and hardship and during battle. Those are the ones who have been true, and it is those who are the righteous." - Quran (2:177)

Muslims should strive for sincerity out of love for Allah and humanity

Spoiler

Reply 7981
Original post by Ankabout

"Righteousness is not that you turn your faces toward the east or the west, but [true] righteousness is [in] one who believes in Allah , the Last Day, the angels, the Book, and the prophets and gives wealth, in spite of love for it, to relatives, orphans, the needy, the traveler, those who ask [for help], and for freeing slaves; [and who] establishes prayer and gives zakah; [those who] fulfill their promise when they promise; and [those who] are patient in poverty and hardship and during battle. Those are the ones who have been true, and it is those who are the righteous." - Quran (2:177)

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

What on earth?

What is that spoiler about :lolwut:

Are you really implying that us guys strive for jannah for the hoor-al-ayn :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hex-666-triene
What on earth?

What is that spoiler about :lolwut:

Are you really implying that us guys strive for jannah for the hoor-al-ayn :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No. The spoiler was to drive my point across in the boldest manner possible but without being overtly controversial.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by binarythoughts
Let me clarify.
Do you think sincerity in your actions would've been an issue if there were no punishments for those that weren't sincere?

Oh, well for me personally, to be honest, no...not really. If punishments weren't present in Islam, I doubt I would be as concerned about things. What do you think? Does the punishment influence you to strive somehow? Your question is rather interesting actually...makes me ponder.

Spoiler

What about fear? Do you think its role is significant in driving us to possess sincerity? Lol, tut tut fairy.
Original post by Ruh

Spoiler

True but my point is that one must do good for the right reasons.
True but my point is that one must do good for the right reasons.

Are these reasons pleasing Allah, or trying to save ourselves from eternal hellfire?
Are these reasons pleasing Allah, or trying to save ourselves from eternal hellfire?

Pleasing Allah and fear of disappointing Allah.
Question everything you do. Constantly renew your intentions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Assalamualaikum guys :hi:

Don't forget to smile and sit straight
Pleasing Allah and fear of disappointing Allah.

Cool.
Original post by beautifulxxx
Oh, well for me personally, to be honest, no...not really. If punishments weren't present in Islam, I doubt I would be as concerned about things. What do you think? Does the punishment influence you to strive somehow? Your question is rather interesting actually...makes me ponder.

I'd rather not answer because my posts are likely to be deleted. Pondering is good :smile:
Original post by HSafirah

WalaikumAsalaam Sis..

Walaykum asalaam

I smile everyday but second part is weird ...

How can I be standing and sit straight at the same time :erm:

Wa alaikumussalaam

:smile:
Original post by Mary562
Walaykum asalaam

I smile everyday but second part is weird ...

How can I be standing and sit straight at the same time :erm:

Whoops! Okay then, stand straight for you Mary :tongue:
Original post by beautifulxxx
What about fear? Do you think its role is significant in driving us to possess sincerity? Lol, tut tut fairy.

Yes, because fear of God is part of "Islamic sincerity" if I'm not wrong.
Whoops! Okay then, stand straight for you Mary :tongue:

:biggrin:
I'd rather not answer because my posts are likely to be deleted. Pondering is good :smile:

Oh..you can PM me if you like. If you don't want to answer at all no probs though. Indeed it is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest