The Student Room Group

Warwick GEP (A101) Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 920
Hope is restored. Let it be shattered on the morrow.

Good luck to the 2/3rders.
Reply 921
As far as self confidence goes though it's like wednesday and I'm 98% convinced that I'm the worst candidate and that my once-rosy interview was actually a crying shambles.

Nighty night.
Original post by MJK91
That would mean it takes approx. 2 days for them to do 1/3, so maybe the estimate of early next week is still correct. Makes me feel a little better :smile:

They said the vast majority will be out by next Monday, so maybe Monday is the time to worry... Now just the challenge of staying sane until then :tongue:

They said they'll also be giving out rejections concurrently.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Going_To_California
They said the vast majority will be out by next Monday, so maybe Monday is the time to worry... Now just the challenge of staying sane until then :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh joy! So not only do we have the privilege of waiting for our email, we now have to carefully compare the difference between:

"Joint offer for Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery at the University of Warwick"

and

"Application decision..."
I just want an offer, I don't want to do this again, I have lost half of my hair in this entire process, i don't really fancy paying for a hair transplant (which I will be soon if my hair fall continues).

WHY DOES NO UNI WANT ME, I am a really nice human being, honest! I think I would be a good doctor.

Okay, break down over. This shall resume again tomorrow.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Going_To_California

Posted from TSR Mobile

They have to reject far less than give offers to. But just wondering if anyone has been given a rejection post-intervew thus far?
Original post by MJK91
Oh joy! So not only do we have the privilege of waiting for our email, we now have to carefully compare the difference between:

"Joint offer for Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery at the University of Warwick"

and

"Application decision..."

I just want to know either way! I'm really hoping for a Warwick offer more than anything, but it's all been decided now, so I'd just like to find out. This waiting is torture.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Awesome_Alien
They have to reject far less than give offers to. But just wondering if anyone has been given a rejection post-intervew thus far?

We'd definitely have heard if someone had by now..I'll let you know as soon as I get one haha / :s-smilie:

Honestly if I fall on the 'reject' side this time around it's futile applying again. The odds were unbelievably good this year; probably not so much next year.
Original post by Razeak
As far as self confidence goes though it's like wednesday and I'm 98% convinced that I'm the worst candidate and that my once-rosy interview was actually a crying shambles.

Nighty night.

Don't worry, I can saw with confidence that I am the worst candidate =)

I know I've been rejected, I just haven't gotten notified of it yet.
Original post by MJK91
Honestly if I fall on the 'reject' side this time around it's futile applying again. The odds were unbelievably good this year; probably not so much next year.

I really do hope that you get an offer man, honestly, you are probably the most deserving (like everyone else has said).

Original post by Cats-R-Us

Don't say that! Why do you feel like you haven't done well?

Don't say that! Why do you feel like you haven't done well?

Because I didn't do well =P I already have 3 rejections and my feedbacks from BSMS (the only one that gave feedback) was DREADFUL.
Reply 932

First off, stop being so pessimistic! They have 2/3 of offers still to give and reflecting back on interviews is entirely useless as no one knows how they did. I was convinced I was getting rejected from Durham because I forgot to tell them I worked in a care home. Which is stupid but I was fixated on the mistake and convinced myself all was lost despite there clearly being good points in the interview. Now sitting with two unconditionals, just waiting for Warwick!

Second, WHEN you get in (whether this time round or not), please avoid psychiatry, I feel that when the patient says "it's all over" you might just agree with them!

Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine!
Reply 933
Original post by MJK91

Same but this is my first time applying. The funny thing for me is that Medicine was my Plan B after I had failed to progress into a career in research. I also work in a hospital :frown:
Because I didn't do well =P I already have 3 rejections and my feedbacks from BSMS (the only one that gave feedback) was DREADFUL.

I mean look at the plus point, at least you get feedback and you know where you went wrong, I got rejected post-interview from Barts and I got no feedback and I am currently on the 'waiting list' for kings, so I feel like I haven't done spectacularly, but I have no idea what I can do to actually get an offer! Warwick is also my last chance as well, fingers crossed we will both get in! :smile:
Reply 935
Offer! Was sent at 15:17 but been scrambling in Wales so just picked it up now :smile:
Original post by nug
Offer! Was sent at 15:17 but been scrambling in Wales so just picked it up now :smile:

Congrats! Will you take it? :wink:
Reply 937
Original post by MJK91
Congrats! Will you take it? :wink:

Warwick is my 2nd choice. Just waiting to hear back from Notts (1st choice) who said they will let us know by 17th April. So if you can arrange for notts to say yes I will decline Warwick :smile:
Original post by nug
Warwick is my 2nd choice. Just waiting to hear back from Notts (1st choice) who said they will let us know by 17th April. So if you can arrange for notts to say yes I will decline Warwick :smile:

I'm on it!
Reply 939
I know that I am in a nice position with an offer but I don't understand the pessimism on here. We all knew that there was a phenomenal amount of offers to be given out ratioed to the amount of interviews and if they have only given a third out then there is still 150 offers to be given ??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending