The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zxh800
Going back to 2003-04 (inclusive)

Liverpool stats:

P30 W6 D9 L16

When it comes to playing us they're just not very good. Other than the 5-1 I can't think of one decent performance they've had against us
Original post by Fizzel
Wow! I had to click through and look at the date, and that made it even worse. You never know with football fans but part of me does suspect they pander to their fan base, I mean youtube is more than a hobby these days, its a business. There is very little analysis or rational choice in there, no consideration of recent form. Its a selection you'd expect from someone who would then cover themselves with, "I haven't seen much other than highlights this season, but.." I guess end of the day its entertainment on such channels, a combine 11 serves little purpose for anything other than superficial filler tbh.

Oh definitely, I can't believe the guy actually believes the **** he's spurting, "anyone who thinks [Coquelin is better than Lucas] is ****ing mental]", he literally sounds like he's doing one of those piss take videos, like a parody of Liverpool fans. But like you say, it's a video that guarantees views and with it money, same as when Ty and Claude clash or Andy Tate appears on MU version of AFTV. Still, having 8 Liverpool players in a combined starting XI was laughable.
[video="youtube;8VKJ0yLr_hw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VKJ0yLr_hw[/video]
Original post by ETRC
Milner is average.

We need Lacazette, Schneiderlin and Lloris to win the league and actually do good in CL. Maybe go for a CB too.

I agree 100% with the 3 players you've suggested, but if we could get Milner on a free we would be mad not to take him. Home grown status and can play in numerous positions, a utility man is exactly what we need considering our injury woes
New favourite GIF:

BTW, everyone check out the YNFA commentary of the 4-1 game. Ballerina aha ;D
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Jgco2chem
Where is Suarez???
Alexis Sanchez picked us over you for a very good reason.

Suarez didn't score last year on the famous "5"! Imagine...
Yep, location is an important factor for many players, and London is better than Lierpool for most footballers.

But you are right guys, I ABSOLUTELY hate seeing us play at the Emirates. It's the only fixture from the start of the year that I don't look forward to!

Having said that,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAHuss1oE6Q&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sorry I couldn't resist :wink:

Sent from my MT27i using Tapatalk 2
omg he's wumming. Ban him!
Original post by ETRC
Arsenal will hammer either of them in the form they are in now.

Scenes when Arsenal lose to Reading

I hope its half as good as the 7-5 was!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6648
Original post by leinad2012
I agree 100% with the 3 players you've suggested, but if we could get Milner on a free we would be mad not to take him. Home grown status and can play in numerous positions, a utility man is exactly what we need considering our injury woes

i don't know if man city will let him go. They desperately need home grown players and will probably try offering him a high wage.

And do you think Milner would be able to play the fast intense passing play Arsenal do? It took Giroud a few years to get used to it. there is a reason Wenger goes for technical players because they have the vision and ability to play the way we need them to.
What on earth is an MT27i anyway?

Get a real phone m8
City are the closest team in the league to our style of play, so I reckon Milner could cut it as a utility player (and that way Wenger won't need to try and force Ox to play in all of those roles).
Just realised that if Blackburn were to beat Liverpool and we both got to the final, it'd probably be easy to get tickets in their end, seeing how **** their fambase are.

A stadium 90% full of gooners in a cup final, noice
Original post by The Shed End
omg he's wumming. Ban him!

I'm going to be completely honest and sat that when you do it, there's little use of rebuttle that we can use. Chelsea are killing it so it's difficult to wum back to which is probably why so many personal insults go your way.

When it's a Liverpool fan chatting ****, its like some year 7 kid trying to pick a fight with you in the playground, its entertaining for a while because you knows its easy to slap the kid back down to size if he gets too mouthy :wink:
Just realised that if Blackburn were to beat Liverpool and we both got to the final, it'd probably be easy to get tickets in their end, seeing how **** their fambase are.

Nah FA will just give the rest of their allocation to their corporate partners, creating a crap atmosphere like every other game at Wembley. UEFA are just bad, think there's like 20,000 fans allocated for each team at the Champions League final this year

Nah they will fill their allocation. Not with Blackburn Rovers fans though, what you will get is 20,000 day trippers who couldn't care less about Blackburn crawling out of the woodwork so they can say they've been to Wembley. It's the same with Reading for the semi final, half the people in that end will be neutrals.
The annoying thing is that no matter what, the media will be against us if we reach the final. If we play Blackburn, the media will want the underdogs to win, and if we play Liverpool, they'll want Stevie G to lift the cup.
Original post by Arkasia
The annoying thing is that no matter what, the media will be against us if we reach the final. If we play Blackburn, the media will want the underdogs to win, and if we play Liverpool, they'll want Stevie G to lift the cup.

Don't forget about Aston Villa!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Isn't that what makes it better, the look on those ***** Jamie Rednapp and Michael Owen's faces make victory all the more sweet
The media hate us!

Bellerin is going to go back to Barcelona if they want him

Latest