The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ScaryScience
:lovehug: Look after you.

Original post by ParadoxSocks

:hugs: Be nice to you and give yourself space to just feel miserable. I'm embracing the miserable this week and not feeling guilty about not being well has really helped.

:jumphug: right back atcha!

I usually would just be kinder to myself but I'm meant to be presenting at a conference in Chester on Friday :cry:

Original post by CescaD96

Focus on yourself, TLG! We all want the best for you!

Sorry you're feeling rotten still :frown: Be kind to yourself :hugs:

I'm treating myself to lots of boating trips and cups of tea. It's hard to be completely miserable traveling up the canal in glorious sunshine with a brew in hand.

Having to mark an absolute tonne of homework isn't helping my brain at all though but I'm halfway through so I can at least see the end now.
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

I usually would just be kinder to myself but I'm meant to be presenting at a conference in Chester on Friday :cry:

You'll be completely fine. Just breath and be kind. Getting yourself all flustered and miserable won't help you but having a nice brain rest will.

I order brain rest!
You'll be completely fine. Just breath and be kind. Getting yourself all flustered and miserable won't help you but having a nice brain rest will.

I order brain rest!

OK :redface: :getmecoat: :cry2:

:hugs:
It's better to try and then fail knowing you've done everything you can. It's hard and it absolutely sucks but you should try.

*sends the positive vibes your way*

It is better to try and then fail, but every year I do loads of work and still flop and so I've had enough now. (I will probably still end up doing loads of work though :colondollar:)

Original post by SenSel
Same. :frown:
Don't even know what to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's a horrible feeling. :hugs:

:kissing2: I would offer to talk but unfortunately I have to be at work in less than an hour and I'm not dressed. Will be back at about 10 though so do drop me a message if you want and I will be happy to chat afterwards :hugs:

I'm treating myself to lots of boating trips and cups of tea. It's hard to be completely miserable traveling up the canal in glorious sunshine with a brew in hand.

Having to mark an absolute tonne of homework isn't helping my brain at all though but I'm halfway through so I can at least see the end now.

Ooh that sounds great. Well done on the marking, it can't be easy to motivate yourself. keep going, you can do it :hugs:
Original post by moment of truth
It is better to try and then fail, but every year I do loads of work and still flop and so I've had enough now. (I will probably still end up doing loads of work though :colondollar:)

It's a horrible feeling. :hugs:

I've been there too. It took me six years to get through university! Don't worry about doing lots of work, just do some work well and take it easy. Work well, not hard!

:kissing2: I would offer to talk but unfortunately I have to be at work in less than an hour and I'm not dressed. Will be back at about 10 though so do drop me a message if you want and I will be happy to chat afterwards :hugs:

Ooh that sounds great. Well done on the marking, it can't be easy to motivate yourself. keep going, you can do it :hugs:

There's part of me that wants to feed all of their homework to my puppy.
I've been there too. It took me six years to get through university! Don't worry about doing lots of work, just do some work well and take it easy. Work well, not hard!

Does your puppy like university work too? :puppyeyes: :tongue:

then tell them your dog ate it :giggle:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I forgot to hide my septum piercing from my parents when I answered the door :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
I forgot to hide my septum piercing from my parents when I answered the door :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well now you never need to hide it again :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Valvopus
Well now you never need to hide it again :smile: Posted from TSR Mobile

my mum's disgusted face when she saw it matched the one she made when I came out :lol: my dad never even noticed till my mum pointed it out :tongue:
I feel strangely motivated today... I suppose its because although i woke up at 4pm i actually did something soon after getting up... (cd that i ordered from Germany arrived so i burned it onto my computer)

I suppose i should put some of this motivation to good use?
my mum's disgusted face when she saw it matched the one she made when I came out :lol: my dad never even noticed till my mum pointed it out :tongue:

I've yet to have that conversation with my mother. Saving it as a distraction technique for when she's really angry with me :P
At least you can now just assume that is the response you will get to anything she disapproves of and it's clearly invalid because she reacts that way to anything.
Original post by Valvopus
I've yet to have that conversation with my mother. Saving it as a distraction technique for when she's really angry with me :P
At least you can now just assume that is the response you will get to anything she disapproves of and it's clearly invalid because she reacts that way to anything.

it was less of a conversation, more a statement then me never mentioning it again :tongue: good plan haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
it was less of a conversation, more a statement then me never mentioning it again :tongue: good plan haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I say conversation I envision it being her alternating ranting about it and wailing Whyyyyyy did I not tellll her??? She's mmmyyyyy mother!
I have a whole stack of shocking statements for every occasion. Is she trying to pretend it didn't happen?
(edited 9 years ago)
Does your puppy like university work too? :puppyeyes: :tongue:

He'll eat anything cardboardish. Wrap your uni work in a binder and he's good to go!
OK :redface: :getmecoat: :cry2:

:biggrin: I hope it is homework in Math, a bit easier to mark propbably...
So my room at the crisis house is right next to the office. I can hear everything they say about me in handover if I put my ear against the wall LOLOLOL
Saw my psychiatrist....I seem to always fail at getting across to her how much I'm struggling, then walk out feeling bad that I couldn't tel her everything. Though I'm not sure whether it even makes a different in the end. :/

Increased antipsychotic; oh yay more side effects. :nothing: I don't understand why if I truly have schizoaffective disorder why the medication seems to do so litte. Am I just weird or naturally resistance or something? :confused: It's stuff like this that really makes me doubt "professionals".

Latest