The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Do you know anyone who got into Kings college London x

Scroll to see replies

Do you think that if I put KCL as my insurance and get one grade less than what they want they'll still let me in? This is for physics.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 61
Original post by CrisSBaader
Do you think that if I put KCL as my insurance and get one grade less than what they want they'll still let me in? This is for physics.

No one can give you an definitive answer to this unfortunately.

Sure, plenty of people miss there offers by a grade (or more) and are still admitted to King's, or any other uni (bar maybe Oxbridge) for that matter. But this depends on so many external factors e.g. popularity of the course, competitiveness of that particular year group, how many other people miss there grades etc etc. As a King's student myself, I must say I haven't met all that many people who have missed offers widely and were still admitted or indeed that had King's down as their insurance seeing as the grade requirements are usually high-ish.

I apologise that this answer was suitable vague but my advice is to try and not play 'admissions games'/over-think things - it doesn't help in my experience. Try to focus on getting the grades for your firm, then you won't have to worry about your insurances leniency aha.

Best of luck.
Reply 62
I got in this year with A*AB on a course that was asking for AAA, so technically yes. (I did take a foundation diploma in my gap year which is the same ucas points as two more A levels) BUT it goes to show that King's do have a degree of flexibility.
Reply 63
Original post by lyjabo
I got in this year with A*AB on a course that was asking for AAA, so technically yes. (I did take a foundation diploma in my gap year which is the same ucas points as two more A levels) BUT it goes to show that King's do have a degree of flexibility.

I wouldn't say thats much flexibility considering AAA=A*AB in ucas points. Guessing the OP is assuming one grade lower without another subject to compensate.
Reply 64
I know it's not particularly flexible, but it does show that if your hearts set on King's there are ways of bumping up grades. I really enjoyed my diploma! Studied art and design for a year and I'm going on to do philosophy, so it didn't even have to be a particularly academic course.

Good luck whatever happens!
Getting into KCL is very possible, I got accepted for law and was awarded the Dickson Poon scholarship, I had AAAC at AS Level (the C was in full A- Level maths, for some stupid reason I did it all in a year). Just remember your grades aren't the only thing that matter , you need to have a good personal statement, and if you're applying for law, a decent LNAT score.
Reply 66
Original post by bilalk96
Getting into KCL is very possible, I got accepted for law and was awarded the Dickson Poon scholarship, I had AAAC at AS Level (the C was in full A- Level maths, for some stupid reason I did it all in a year). Just remember your grades aren't the only thing that matter , you need to have a good personal statement, and if you're applying for law, a decent LNAT score.

Lucky knob'ed. Well done :wink:
Original post by vela1
Lucky knob'ed. Well done :wink:

Cheers, I firmed LSE anyway hahaha
Reply 68
I disagree with all those "prestigious" posts. I got A*BB and needed AAA to get in for computer science. Although that's because the A* was in maths so your situation might be different/similar. Oh it was also through clearing. but then king's might not be that prestigious for comp sci
Reply 69
I just got rejected this last week for Political Economy at KLC. Do you guys think I should contact the admissions team to see if there are any vacancies for this course since I met all the requirements needed and my personal statement was actually really good or what should I do?? Thanks for your help!
Reply 70
I'm the exact same! My predicted grades are A*AB but I'm not sure if I have a chance
Reply 71
Original post by Elle333
I also have firmed kings and am worried I may have a more likely chance of getting A* AB than the required AAA
However I did ask the admissions woman when I went to kings on the offer holders day and she said last year a few AAB were excepted and so was a few A*AB she said it's different every year but with A*AB I can be confident but not certain

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi I'm in this exact situation at the moment ...how did you get on with your offer to kings? :smile:
Original post by GuilleJay
Hey! I wanted to ask about my chances of getting into KCL for business management! I already submitted my application! My AS Level grades were AAAB and I have already done a whole A Level, gaining A*. My predicted grades were A*A*AAB. At IGCSEs I achieved 4A*, 3A and 4Bs. My reference was quite good and I really worked extremely hard on my personal statement, doing many online courses, working experiences at various business departments and putting a lot of enthusiasm into it! Could someone tell me my chances? I have heard it is extremely competitive and almost impossible...
Thank you so much!

What are the requirements?
Original post by MichelBraga
After Oxbridge, Imperial, UCL, LSE, St Andrews, Durham and maybe Warwick, KCL does a good job, it's not the crème de la crème, but it's surely a great uni.

Quite a subjective list, but in international rankings King's consistently comes 6/8 in the UK and 4th in London. Many more Nobel prizes than St Andrew's. Durham, etc and research departments that come top for Law etc in the RAE. For a range of subjects including History, Philosophy, Mental Health, Dentistry, Law, it's in the first rank, no question.
They increased by predicted B grade to an A today. Requirements are A*AA and one has to be a social science.
Im more than sure that you should get an offer! But don't sit there refreshing your screen, I remember a few years back I got 4 of my offers in march, so could be a long time to go still!
Original post by Light&Dark
i got into kings for math with a cert HE from birkbeck

I should hope so too - the Birkbeck Cert HE is well regarded (or certainly used to be).
I mean I got into English, which has an AAA requirement, with ABB soooooo Just keep your head up, it's definitely possible, we're a prestigious university but your application will be fully considered
Reply 78
I did A levels for three years failed, did the foundation year for Computer Network Security with Bsc at the University Of Westminster, achieved 78.25% and got into Kings College for Computer Science with Robotics Bsc through clearing.
Reply 79
Original post by MichelBraga
After Oxbridge, Imperial, UCL, LSE, St Andrews, Durham and maybe Warwick, KCL does a good job, it's not the crème de la crème, but it's surely a great uni.

But Durham ,St. Andrews nor Warwick, have that great an international reputation as King's, especially in some departments like law.

Quick Reply

Latest