The Student Room Group

A level Biology revision help

Hey,

I've had a few people who watch my YouTube channel message me asking me to do a general help thingy...so I thought I would make one on here...though I don't know if anyone else would want it :P

Essentially if you have any A level biology questions I'll be happy to help and answer them (content...revision techniques...exam technique...course structure...even uni applications).

So feel free to ask :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I must thank you, your channel is the best thing ever, helps me so much haha
Reply 2
will you be doing a live stream for a2? :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Bobbs
will you be doing a live stream for a2? :smile:

I wont be able to do any live streams mainly due to time
Original post by Munrot07
Hey,

I've had a few people who watch my YouTube channel message me asking me to do a general help thingy...so I thought I would make one on here...though I don't know if anyone else would want it :P

Essentially if you have any A level biology questions I'll be happy to help and answer them (content...revision techniques...exam technique...course structure...even uni applications).

what examboard do you cover and whats your channel? :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Ben4
what examboard do you cover and whats your channel? :smile:

OCR and MrBioTom1
OCR and MrBioTom1

Great! I do OCR too!
Reply 7
Is there a way to learn everything rly quickly?

And thank you! I've used your channel a few times
Hey,

on your cell video you wrote endo lastic reticulum when its supposed to be endoplaSmic - but awesome videos thank you! :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by hibaj
Is there a way to learn everything rly quickly?

And thank you! I've used your channel a few times

I don't think there is a set way to learn things quickly as it is different for everyone but if you can get a cut down list of things to revise it makes it a lot quicker and more efficient. Past papers are great for this as they show you what you already know so you can immediately tick it off your revision list.

Then with the stuff you don't know I would advise using techniques like posters and revision cards where you can really condense the information into small chunks then learn a chunk. If you have all these small chucks it will help build up your knowledge and it should happen quite quickly (I can get a lot of material learnt in a day using revision cards).
Reply 10
Original post by yasmin#2
on your cell video you wrote endo lastic reticulum when its supposed to be endoplaSmic - but awesome videos thank you! :smile:

There is the odd mistake here and there I'm afraid...sorry about that :/ (a lesson in not rushing methinks :P )
Ahh you're the guy that does the biology videos I watch!!!

Slight fangirl moment but thank you for helping me understand some of the content :biggrin:
Reply 12
Original post by smozsolution
Ahh you're the guy that does the biology videos I watch!!!

Slight fangirl moment but thank you for helping me understand some of the content :biggrin:

Thanks for watching :P and...fangirling :P
What's your youtube channel called? Seems like people find you helpful
Oh its tom!! Thanks for you videos, they're helpful :smile:

Quick question: Basically I have left revision late again (I have a procrastination problem :/); basically I only started revising this week! :frown: Please tell me, do i have enough time to revise in order to get AAB-AAA grades? I am doing Math, Chem and Bio. With C1, M1 and f322 resits. All in June (except c1). If i go all out, and i mean max hrs a day for the next 7wks, would it be possible? Thing is, we still have 2 modules to cover for bio in class, but ive finished everything else for my other subjects.

Thanks loads.
Reply 15
Original post by rhiana_dee
What's your youtube channel called? Seems like people find you helpful

MrBioTom1 :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by bakedbeans247
Oh its tom!! Thanks for you videos, they're helpful :smile:

Quick question: Basically I have left revision late again (I have a procrastination problem :/); basically I only started revising this week! :frown: Please tell me, do i have enough time to revise in order to get AAB-AAA grades? I am doing Math, Chem and Bio. With C1, M1 and f322 resits. All in June (except c1). If i go all out, and i mean max hrs a day for the next 7wks, would it be possible? Thing is, we still have 2 modules to cover for bio in class, but ive finished everything else for my other subjects.

Thanks loads.

It is possible if you do put the work in and actually work efficiently...like I said in an earlier post find out what you dony know first and then be concise and learn what you dont know.
It is possible if you do put the work in and actually work efficiently...like I said in an earlier post find out what you dony know first and then be concise and learn what you dont know.

phheew, thanks.
MrBioTom1 :smile:

thank you! I shall check your videos out, as I find that's the best way I learn so yay! ^_^
Reply 19
Original post by rhiana_dee
thank you! I shall check your videos out, as I find that's the best way I learn so yay! ^_^

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending